Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wild West RPG Boot Hill Heroes on Steam

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fabulous to see responsiveness like that from a dev :)

DapperDave

Literate
bullet3.png
Ordinary, turn-based combat is replaced with a fresh and frenetic real-time system where all players remain engaged in battle and no one is waiting for a turn!

screw you

In hindsight, I might want to rephrase that.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The sequel Boot Hill Bounties is coming on December 1st.
Info and screenshots here.
Bronco County is on the brink of war. Dark forces are conspiring to provoke a conflict with the Chepakwik that would destroy both sides. Only Kid, Doc, Moon and Rosy know the truth that could save their homes. But to achieve this, they’ll have to hunt down five legendary outlaws whose very names strike fear into the hearts of men.

Boot Hill Bounties continues the saga of the Boot Hill Heroes as they journey deeper into the darkest corners of the Wild West and come face to face with the evil Creed Little, Stampede Sally, Tuco Delgado, Scorpion Saint and Burning Crow.

Yes, Boot Hill Bounties is Boot Hill Heroes Part 2, but it’s much more than a continuation of the first game. The engine has undergone a massive overhaul with tons of refined, improved and added features to create a new experience that is probably ten times as big in scope and ambition. There’s a reason this follow-up game took longer to develop than the original did from scratch. Content-wise we’re talking about one of the biggest 2D RPGs ever to exist by many measurements. Due to the sheer enormity of this project, I felt it deserved to be considered both a stand-alone title as well as a continuation. It’s both for fans of the original but also for new players to jump into the saga.

So what exactly is new and different in Boot Hill Bounties? That’s a question that I plan on answering over the next couple months. Do you remember the Smash Bros. DOJO? Well, we’re doing something similar and you’re invited to the “Boot Hill Corral”. Every week day, for 50 days, I will update you with something new that I want you to know about Boot Hill Bounties – it may be some new gameplay mechanic, some interesting character tidbits, or just something new to do in Bronco County. There’s a lot to talk about and the Boot Hill Corral opens on Monday and continues up until the release.

Now to field a few more Q’s with some A’s:

Do backers have to pay for this game?

They already did. It’s part of the original Kickstarter. They’ll be getting Steam codes.

Are backers with sprites in the game still going to be in this?

Yes, but more details on this later. I want to give backers opportunities to change their content, but haven’t fully decided on this.

What platforms is this game coming to?

Steam! Hopefully others soon afterwards. Nothing is off the table.
DNziO5LX4AAkimM.jpg:large

1.png
13.png
15.png
3.png
8.png
9.png
Boot%20Hill%20Heroes%202017-09-19%2021-18-07-93.png
Boot%20Hill%20Heroes%202017-09-19%2022-04-17-95.png
Boot%20Hill%20Heroes%202017-09-19%2022-09-07-96.png
Looks neat.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yes, I'm sorry, if you want the big version I haven't played the first game yet since I got it on IndieGameStand which closed, hopefully I stocked the installer somewhere but it would even not be a guaranteed success since, when I tried it a while ago, it crashed, but the now released sequel is a good reason to eventually manage to play the first game one way or another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom