Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

Renegen

Arcane
I recently got caught up in the hype and I am ashamed to admit it but I want to know how this MMO turns out, I have a bit of faith in the genre. What's the tl;dr, any good, does it feel different? And how do I get to test it for free.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Guys guys guys I love the game so far and the attunement thing sounds awesome
WildStar-620x348.jpg

+
iRqWydr.jpg

=

Pinkification_1533390c.jpg

Not suprised. :rpgcodex:

Alas,

warhammer6002.jpg

+
Mythic_Entertainment_logo.png

=
Pinkification_1533390c.jpg

:negative:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
They just make what majority wants. You grossly overestimate people's desire for Radical New Overhauls™ of their favorite genres, whether it be MMORPG or RPG.

Angthoron

Arcane
I recently got caught up in the hype and I am ashamed to admit it but I want to know how this MMO turns out, I have a bit of faith in the genre. What's the tl;dr, any good, does it feel different? And how do I get to test it for free.
TL;DR take MMOs of the last decade and put them all into one - mechanically this is Wildstar. Competently made though, and actually difficult. Some classes have it easier than others though, apparently Medic is quite overpowered.

It's pretty good though. Competently made. World is rather disjointed at times but like that matters. I just did a mini-mission in the first proper starter zone with two random guys from the Zone channel that involved defending a ship's hold from space pirates, then landing on the f'ing moon and wearing Alien-style helmets with search lights installed, ending up in a mine overran by parasites. Not too hard, though, or maybe we outlevelled it a little. After that, one of the dudes found a "hidden" stairway and we found parasites that, upon using, "Infected you... with love".

Using remote-controlled exploding mammoths in order to weed out the poachers was also quite amusing.

They just make what majority wants. You grossly overestimate people's desire for Radical New Overhauls™ of their favorite genres, whether it be MMORPG or RPG.
I am actually super conservative and want it exactly like it was 15-20 years ago. :obviously:
Cool, are you hyped for that new Garriott game?

What's with the overexposure, raw, is that you?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
TL;DR take MMOs of the last decade and put them all into one - mechanically this is Wildstar. Competently made though, and actually difficult. Some classes have it easier than others though, apparently Medic is quite overpowered.

It's pretty good though. Competently made. World is rather disjointed at times but like that matters. I just did a mini-mission in the first proper starter zone with two random guys from the Zone channel that involved defending a ship's hold from space pirates, then landing on the f'ing moon and wearing Alien-style helmets with search lights installed, ending up in a mine overran by parasites. Not too hard, though, or maybe we outlevelled it a little. After that, one of the dudes found a "hidden" stairway and we found parasites that, upon using, "Infected you... with love".

Using remote-controlled exploding mammoths in order to weed out the poachers was also quite amusing.
i hope for your sake that i get at least some fun out of it, 'coz you just made me buy it.

Angthoron

Arcane

i hope for your sake that i get at least some fun out of it, 'coz you just made me buy it.
I'd recommend picking Dominion, then.

The "Aliens" mission is the Shiphand L13 mission in Ellevar, scales to the number of people. Exploding mammothy things are in Deradune.

Cromwell

Arcane
After seeing scrooges picture I was compelled to hunt and slay her. Now Kinguin put my order on hold because my shipping address is not the adress at which I am currently residing and now I eagerly await my key which should have reached me two hours ago.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

The "Aliens" mission is the Shiphand L13 mission in Ellevar, scales to the number of people. Exploding mammothy things are in Deradune.
i hope you don't mind some of your future g/mmo/j rpg posts being edited into love letters to cleve if it doesn't deliver... 13gb down, 3 more to go..

Angthoron

Arcane

i hope you don't mind some of your future g/mmo/j rpg posts being edited into love letters to cleve if it doesn't deliver... 13gb down, 3 more to go..
Try that and I'll start posting duckface selfies.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
After seeing scrooges picture I was compelled to hunt and slay her. Now Kinguin put my order on hold because my shipping address is not the adress at which I am currently residing and now I eagerly await my key which should have reached me two hours ago.

Be sure to remove her armor first and post the pics here please.
Please.
Do it. You must.
There is no try.
Only do.
Or do not.

Avellion

Erudite
They actually sent me my key.

I dont think I will get the pre-order bonuses, but I really didnt care for any of that stuff anyway, unless Trial keys were a part of that deal >.>.

Rolled an engineer on Ravenous... I don't want to be a redicilously overpowered medic again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom