Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

Cromwell

Arcane
Great, someone give me a trial key. And no I'm not going to go scrambling for one that may or may not have been used -- I'm above that.

not for much longer.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i'm playing an exile gunslinger settler on ravenous named Maytilda, if any dexers up for some partying.

Avellion

Erudite
I am on a roll, been winning the past 3 PvP games in a row resulting in some incredibly fast level ups. It is such a wonder what a little thing such as teamwork and actually focusing on the goals can do.

i'm playing an exile gunslinger settler on ravenous named Maytilda, if any dexers up for some partying.
I will be available later on. My main's name is Roachard. I will add you once I log on.

Avellion

Erudite
I would recommend people here to join Dominion instead of Exile. That way you can play with Zed, and I assume most who rolled Exile on Ravenous are rather low level so catching up shouldn't take long.

u fags gotta stop rolling exile
Just because I tank mobs in pink does not mean I am a fag.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Played this until level 8 or 9, don't have a single reason to continue. That's coming from a MMO whore, btw.

It runs badly (had to replace some addons with custom made ones to improve my fps), especially in the tutorial area. The "Baby's first mmo tutorial corridor" was p. awful too and didn't make me care for the game world/lore at all. It's too "anything goes, in space!" for my tastes.

The questing is totally mindless and those are the shortest quest descriptions I've ever seen. Then again it's a good thing because the writing is dull at best and cringeworthy at worst (the humour is very forced).

The combat and animations are very fluid but it's just button mashing and the abilities don't feel satisfying to use.

I'll probably play a bit more until my trial ends but yeah, don't have anything positive to say for now.

Angthoron

Arcane
It actually does get better from that. The spaceship section is shite, the first intro zone is generally too railroaded, only the third zone you see is actually what the rest of the game will be like, more or less. And it has some interesting difficulty spikes. It's button spam for a while, but eventually that alone won't get you far anymore. Ranged classes will have an easier time with longer "spam spam anything goes" window of gameplay, for melee, that sort of ends around L12, when more and more mobs start getting various abilities.

Quest quality is all over the place. If you're Exile (why the fuck do you people insist on making your game time worse?!), it's more about "Anything goes IN SPAAAAAACE!" and lots of Western type of thing, if you're Dominion, it's mostly about the mighty Imperial machine grinding all opposition to dust and doing weird science. So far my favourite zone is the L12+ Dominion zone, whatever it's called. Nice art, nice music, some actually interesting storylines, one of which spans several subzones until it's finally complete and you get a holo statue "built" to yourself.

Would certainly recommend trying a bit more, and if you're a ranged exile, could try a melee Dominion to see the difference.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'm dominion squirrel medic/scientist. I'll try to get further but yeah, I'm tired of mmos "beginning" at later levels.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Damn furries... But yeah pretty much what Hoaxy said. I got to level 10 with an exile rock engineer and I felt quite bored when I stopped playing yesterday. It more or less feels like any other NCsoft game that came out in the last 10 years. At least in city of heroes you could fly around which was actually fun for a while.

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
Doesn't look that bad so far, except for the furries... It has quite a strong city of heroes to it.
City of Heroes, you say? Invoking the name of the only MMO not for dickslurping faggots has suddenly piqued my interest.

How is it like COH? As in, fuck soloing, you need organisation and teamwork to actually GET anywhere?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Doesn't look that bad so far, except for the furries... It has quite a strong city of heroes to it.
City of Heroes, you say? Invoking the name of the only MMO not for dickslurping faggots has suddenly piqued my interest.

How is it like COH? As in, fuck soloing, you need organisation and teamwork to actually GET anywhere?
That was my initial impression and the atmosphere felt a bit like it. Sadly it doesn't come anywhere near coh's awesomness when it comes to mission design so far.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
COH Mission Design? What? Where you either street sweep or pick up newspaper and check for random instance to bash room of baddies over and over?

Avellion

Erudite
Any one of you tested how viable it is to level via pvp?
The Moodie temple lasts around 10 minutes.

When you lose (which happens seldomly when playing Exile), you gain roughly 15-20% of your exp at level 20.
When you win, you gain roughly 30%.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Are there any plans for a Codex guild in this game, or is everyone just doing their own thing?
we can coordinate and make one. i have only low lvl chars so far so they won't be terribly missed.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Most EU people seem to be in Ravenous but I dislike pvp realms (I prefer my pvp to be either ultima online/eve style or in a battleground, pvp realms are just gank fests).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Most EU people seem to be in Ravenous but I dislike pvp realms (I prefer my pvp to be either ultima online/eve style or in a battleground, pvp realms are just gank fests).
i don't care. pve is fine too.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Well I'm in Eko server (eu pve), dominion side. Only on trial so there's high chance I won't purchase the game, at least not for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom