Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

Xenich

Cipher
They were trying to recapture what people loved about Vanilla WoW. I can't say if they succeeded because I never played Vanilla WoW, but I only played Wildstar for a day before I quit. I didn't like the setting, the art style and the questing was dreadfully boring.

Vanilla Wow had lots of group based world content and even the average mob was difficult if you didn't pay attention (ie you could get overwhelmed). I tried this out in beta and it was a face roll in the quest content (so nothing like Vanilla in that respect).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I wouldn't say 'lots' but it had a fair amount. Maybe ten or so elite-only areas scattered across the zones. They were fun to do and a challenge to solo with certain classes but the rewards were usually terrible (as most of the quest rewards were in Vanilla WoW).

Gregz

Arcane
Welp, I lasted 1 day.

:negative:

How the fuck can you WASD, 12345678, and gimble-mouse dodge at the same time with kb/m? Besides that I found myself really missing WoWs simplicity, and more serious setting. Just because your game looks like a cartoon doesn't mean it has to play like one.

OK, next Gregz tries Guild Wars 2 (downloading now)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Welp, I lasted 1 day.

:negative:

How the fuck can you WASD, 12345678, and gimble-mouse dodge at the same time with kb/m? Besides that I found myself really missing WoWs simplicity, and more serious setting. Just because your game looks like a cartoon doesn't mean it has to play like one.

You can use mouselook from what I remember so that frees up your two mouse clicks for basic attacks. Guild Wars 2 combat is more of the same except less intense because they did make it with more TAB-targeting roots in mind, even though they did add some sort of quasi-mouselook to give you an option to make it an action game. It's a half-way solution that doesn't really work and won't turn the game into TERA or Neverwinter, for example.

abija

Prophet
cmon, 1234qerfzxc are all easy to use even for small hands

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Some cheese with that whine?
Looking at how short the article is, I'll just leave them here

WildStar – Former employees voice out horrible experiences at Carbine
[Source] Just recently, one of Korea’s biggest investment firms spelled doom for MMORPG WildStar this year, with no significant revenue or profits forecasted. Over the past week, former employees of developer Carbine Studios took to Reddit and Neogaf to voice out all the shit-storm they experienced, with several confirmations given as well. Have a good read, and stay away from the game!

Carbine-Studios-shit-storm.png

Now, I gotta be honest: I slam my boss in a public forum / within a circle of friends all the time, but I never give away their names, nor do the people reading online know where I work and who I am. Good luck to these guys at landing their next jobs.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
I played that game for like an hour. It was revolting, hopefully that game gets put down like the shit it is.

J1M

Arcane
Some cheese with that whine?
Looking at how short the article is, I'll just leave them here

WildStar – Former employees voice out horrible experiences at Carbine
[Source] Just recently, one of Korea’s biggest investment firms spelled doom for MMORPG WildStar this year, with no significant revenue or profits forecasted. Over the past week, former employees of developer Carbine Studios took to Reddit and Neogaf to voice out all the shit-storm they experienced, with several confirmations given as well. Have a good read, and stay away from the game!

Carbine-Studios-shit-storm.png

Now, I gotta be honest: I slam my boss in a public forum / within a circle of friends all the time, but I never give away their names, nor do the people reading online know where I work and who I am. Good luck to these guys at landing their next jobs.
First two are common at every company that exists. Sounds like some whiners complaining that they toiled away for a decade without asking for a promotion.

Also: the hilarious implied assertion that in order to be good at leading people you need to come from a do-nothing job like "project manager" instead of a position that creates a product.

abija

Prophet
Those jobs aren't supposed to be "do-nothing", though more often than not they're done by clueless people who do worse than nothing. Shit management should be strong incentive to look for another job, means the leadership is dumb or doesn't care enough.

Not sure that assertion was implied but it's not hilarious. When someone has no experience at leading people you want to test first on a small team. And it's not only about leading people, having someone of unknown skill do ANY important job is RETARDED.

Norfleet

It's not possible for a job like that to be "do nothing". If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. "Do nothing" is when people can stick you in a basement and forget about your existence. Management is a position that actively interferes with getting work done. If they're not contributing to it, they're impeding it.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Played a stalker until the level cap. A fun game but the world is small. Once you played it once ( to add insult to injury, I was an explorer) there is no reason to replay it or revisit older areas.
It is like a solid single player action/rpg experience set in multiplayer. The movement and the battle animation are all smooth and it is fun to play.
Pvp is messed up because of unbalanced abilities of ranged classes.

Story is a Starcraft rip off more or less but texts you find that add depth to the lore have some good reads among them. I would recommend it for one playthrough to friends of mmos who are tired of endless and meaningless game world like in Guild Wars 2.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
damn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom