Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will There Ever Be. . . . .

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
A sequel to Republic Commando? There's all this talk of Battlefield sequels and Kotor sequels but no word for Republic Commando.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Yeah, I messed up. I thought I had put it in general gaming. I've no idea how to delete a post, or move the thread, other than reporting my post.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
A long list of disappointing answers. . . .Though I suppose it might be better for Republic Commando to end with some quality than become like Battlefront.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ask EA. Don't they own the rights to Star Wars games until 2020 or something.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Ask EA. Don't they own the rights to Star Wars games until 2020 or something.

"Hello. EA PR rep here. You will of course get a sequel to [INSERT GAME HERE], because we believe our customers are our number one priority. Because our customers are so important, we will add micro-transactions to increase customer enjoyment"

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
A sequel to Republic Commando? There's all this talk of Battlefield sequels and Kotor sequels but no word for Republic Commando.
It's possible.

EA managed to fuck up pretty much all their IPs in some way and Mass Effect and Dragon Age dried up.
Battlefront was shit so the DICE line can also be considered fucked.

Given that another crash hits their sports line like how THQs children's line that supported them dried up EA might finally die.
In which case their IPs would be up for grabs and Disney would buy it and churn anything Star Wars.

Santander02

Arcane
If it gets made it will be a reboot that has nothing to do with the original's plot, it will have a cover system, some sort of awesome button, microtransactions and be online co-op only with no sp camping.

Might as well just get the BF2 mod

RIP RC-1207 "Sev", we will never know what happened to you...

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Republic Commando was shit though(well mediocre), so nothing of value is lost. Linear and with the same 3-4 types of mooks in each level.

Now if you were whining about why no new game in the Hidden and Dangerous series, then you'd be onto something.

Shit...or even why no new Dark Forces game!

If it gets made it will be a reboot that has nothing to do with the original's plot, it will have a cover system, some sort of awesome button, microtransactions and be online co-op only with no sp camping.

RIP RC-1207 "Sev", we will never know what happened to you...

So? It already had 'no death' but only incapacitation till your squadmate used magic to revive you, regenerating health and corridors with boxes for cover...typical popamole. Don't see what else they could do to make it worse.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Republic Commando was shit though(well mediocre), so nothing of value is lost. Linear and with the same 3-4 types of mooks in each level.

Now if you were whining about why no new game in the Hidden and Dangerous series, then you'd be onto something.

Shit...or even why no new Dark Forces game!

Man, Hidden & Dangerous 3 would be something. If it still had this WW2 documentary feel to it. But I have a feeling if it would be made it would play out more like The Saboteur.

Santander02

Arcane
'no death' but only incapacitation till your squadmate used magic to revive you, regenerating health, popamole

The regenerating shield was separate from the actual health, which didn't regenerate. And even with the "reviving"mechanic it was challenging enough that I got my whole squad killed in quite a few sections on highest difficulty (plus there were some parts were you don't have your squad mates to revive you)

As for popamole, yeah, no, if it doesn't have an actual cover system then it isn't pop-a-mole. Enemies actively try flush you out and I constantly had to keep moving. I'll give you the small corridor levels but I liked it well enough I replayed 2 times or so years ago, more than I can say for most AAA fps nowadays.

Don Peste

Arcane
019_repub_com.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Some dumb ass made a sequel to Wipeout recently, when they should have made one to Slipstream 5000 instead. The world is mad. Also the new Midwinter needs to happen, and Eye of the Beholder 4, Stunt Island 2, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom