Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you answer the call of Codexia?

mondblut

Arcane
Warriors of Diversity

This. Subtitle: "Doesn't scale to your level"

Remember, the honor of entire Codex is yours to prove. And the other honor too. Especially against the likes of SA or rpg.cucknet. You are Soviet Union olympic team at the height of Cold War! Dynamo Kiyv playing against wehrmacht during occupation! A jew running against einsatzkommando and their dogs! A tranny in a women's competition!

Do not fail us, brothers.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Name should be "Fuck it". Or "Fuck it, dude". Or "Fuck it, dude, let's go bowling".

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm partial to Warriors of Diversity, with Grimwulf as Dupré (for self-evident reasons) KoolNoodles as Shamino (again, for self-evident reasons) and Malakal as Iolo (because he's there).

We have a pedigree, after all.

I submit that one?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Grimwulf

Malakal

KoolNoodles

Mail from the Kommunity Admin.

We are going with snake draft. For those who don't know how snake draft works, the teams, in random order, pick their first choice nations one by one, the order is then reversed for each pick needed. So first pick in the first stage is last pick next stage while last pick in the first stage is first pick in the second and so on. The order is yet to be decided.

We will be using OneAgeMod, so all ages are open for the taking. Settings (for site freq etc) will be set depending on which era is most prevalent.

As for bans, I want to restrict teams as little as possible while not conferring to large an advantage on the first few picks. Vote for one of the following options;

1. Ban the top two preforming nations from each era (EA- Xibalba and Lanka, MA- Ermor and Pangea, LA- Ragha and Xibalba)

2. Ban Nations with an above 20% winrate- (EA Xibalba, MA- Ermor, LA Ragha and Xibalba

3. No Bans

4. Teams nominate a single blind ban.

This vote is not compulsory and I will tally the votes in roughly 24 hours.

Your will? And the Dom3threads already gave me some laughs. I guess the Codexian community is truly civilized (bar some cases).

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Dayyālu! :argh:

So, the autistic particulary gifted host of this game sent an email to all the teams recently. Since Dayyālu decided to keep it to himself for some reason, and meanwhile I happened to spy on enemy team, here you go:

BANS
Option 4 won by a narror margin, sorry for the delay in sending this email out.
Please send me your ban choice, you have 48 hours from this email being sent to you to choose your ban. Duplicate bans WILL count.
If you want to have a secondary ban phase before the final round of picks please notify me, if over half of you agree a secondary blind ban phase will be inserted.
If you do not wish to ban either notify me or don't reply within the time limit.
PICK INFO
When we get to the pick phase I will email you in pick order (to be determined by a random.org <http://random.org/> seed). after getting the email you will have 24 hours to respond with your pick, so I suggest writing up a list of nations you would like to pick beforehand with your team in case you can't contact them in time. This way it will take us hopefully less than a month to get through picks, timezones depending.
MAP
A map is being worked on, one that will be shaped to fit the game and will be tested in blitzes to check through any glaring errors. Please consider an image you would like to be used for your starting area.
SOCIAL
I know some teams want a concentrated area for inter-team discussion. I can set something up but I don't really know what would make a good platform. A Google+ group? A subreddit? 8chan page? Perhaps the best option is the one suggested by the dom3mods team, a private sub-forum for teams. If you have any suggestions or ideas please notify me.
SERVER
Lastly and possibly most importantly, I am going to be setting up a server for the game, to ensure people can connect at some point in the next few weeks I will set it up and ask people to try to connect to make sure the damm thing is working. I will send further info on the server a few days before the test is due to happen to give ample warning.
When the game is running I will try and send reminder emails for the game, I will turn off any timed forcehost and host once every 48 hours or so (this is a large game and you guys will need time to communicate in team and with other teams). If I forget personally, I hope you guys will remind each other.

Sorry for the long email, See you in 48 Hours!

KoolNoodles

Arcane

So, the autistic particulary gifted host of this game sent an email to all the teams recently. Since Dayyālu decided to keep it to himself for some reason, and meanwhile I happened to spy on enemy team, here you go:

MAP
A map is being worked on, one that will be shaped to fit the game and will be tested in blitzes to check through any glaring errors. Please consider an image you would like to be used for your starting area.
sAGmOV2.jpg

Edited for hugeness.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This is maybe more appropriate, for a map area? Can we include this plz.

il_340x270.38755039.jpg

il_340x270.38755882.jpg

il_340x270.122269967.jpg

I will be in command of East Princessia as Count KoolNoodles, guarding the Strait of Three Wishes from all evildoers who wish to harm the Grand Duchy of Codexia.

Grimwulf can be the Count of West Princessia, and Malakal can be the Duke, sitting on his throne at the Kingdom of Wonder.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm sorry, I did not check the mail today.

Again, we'll truck on. KN's Images are excellent and will be submitted. I need bigger res images to cut them together.

On the other matters,

This game will never start, let alone finish.

I agree.

I am surprised how the Codexian community is , well, balanced. We are considered to be a cesspool of the Nets, but we are far more logical and direct than the other Dominions communities. Bar some exceptions.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'm sorry, I did not check the mail today.

Again, we'll truck on. KN's Images are excellent and will be submitted. I need bigger res images to cut them together.

On the other matters,

This game will never start, let alone finish.

I agree.

I am surprised how the Codexian community is , well, balanced. We are considered to be a cesspool of the Nets, but we are far more logical and direct than the other Dominions communities. Bar some exceptions.

Hmm, not sure there ARE higher res images of those. I just googled "magic fairy land maps", and found some drawings presumably(I won't judge) by some child.

Edit: Here you go, these are a bit better. Make it so.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/paintandink?section_id=5123488

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

BANS
Option 4 won by a narror margin, sorry for the delay in sending this email out.
Please send me your ban choice, you have 48 hours from this email being sent to you to choose your ban. Duplicate bans WILL count.
If you want to have a secondary ban phase before the final round of picks please notify me, if over half of you agree a secondary blind ban phase will be inserted.
If you do not wish to ban either notify me or don't reply within the time limit.
PICK INFO
When we get to the pick phase I will email you in pick order (to be determined by a random.org <http://random.org/> seed). after getting the email you will have 24 hours to respond with your pick, so I suggest writing up a list of nations you would like to pick beforehand with your team in case you can't contact them in time. This way it will take us hopefully less than a month to get through picks, timezones depending.
MAP
SOCIAL
I know some teams want a concentrated area for inter-team discussion. I can set something up but I don't really know what would make a good platform. A Google+ group? A subreddit? 8chan page? Perhaps the best option is the one suggested by the dom3mods team, a private sub-forum for teams. If you have any suggestions or ideas please notify me.
SERVER
Lastly and possibly most importantly, I am going to be setting up a server for the game, to ensure people can connect at some point in the next few weeks I will set it up and ask people to try to connect to make sure the damm thing is working. I will send further info on the server a few days before the test is due to happen to give ample warning.
When the game is running I will try and send reminder emails for the game, I will turn off any timed forcehost and host once every 48 hours or so (this is a large game and you guys will need time to communicate in team and with other teams). If I forget personally, I hope you guys will remind each other.

Sorry for the long email, See you in 48 Hours!

Wait so did we miss the chance to ban?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I have honestly no idea of what's happening. We are still in the 48 hours timetable, I think, the mail was from Saturday.

I have no idea of what we should ban or else. Xibalba?

I can reply when I am given an answer. On the other hand, the autism is growing truly strong in this game. Giving more time to internet madmen is only a bad thing.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OK then, which pick are we getting? If its early it may be worth it to gamble on not banning a strong nation for us to pick, like if we are first getting Ragha would be great.

Dayyālu

Arcane
OK then, which pick are we getting? If its early it may be worth it to gamble on not banning a strong nation for us to pick, like if we are first getting Ragha would be great.

Who knows. They will go for a .... ya know, I don't even want to type the amount of drivel I've read. No, you can't pick it yet. Choose a ban. Anything. I've already sent a mail that we'll give a reply as soon as possible.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I will try to coordinate bans with other team or at least get to know what they ban.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom