Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Win32 aplication support coming to Snapdragon devices (O.o)

Perkel

Arcane
Microsoft Is Bringing Windows 10 To ARM, x86 Apps Included

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10889/microsoft-and-qualcomm-bring-windows-10-to-snapdragon-processors

That is yuuuuuuuuuuuge news if true. It opens up way for proper PC handheld or steamhandhelds that look like handhelds instead of bricks and are proper pc handhelds without bullshit or cut down things.

I don't like win10. but getting proper pc handheld would be awesome.

Perkel

Arcane
Bottom line:

- Intel and AMD are fucked. Their low performance market is going away this way. Intel much more so than AMD as AMD doesn't even have much market there.
- proper PC handhelds in future. DarkSouls/StardewValley/Witcher/whatever on the go.
- win32 aplications on tablets. Meaning all those graphical tablets will soon go away when you will have adobe photoshop on tablet.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You can already have Photoshop on a tablet.

If you mean on smaller devices than a Surface or similar, then it's kinda pointless. Screen would be too small and performance would be too crap to be usable.

Also from that video: "works great!!!!!" while showing a simple image being rendered in sections and then using a blur filter to show it's REAL Photoshop. :lol:

Perkel

Arcane
Imagine that with win32 support:

ps_vita_front_side_sony.jpg

that is what some companies will be able to do.
I am pretty sure that soon you will see at least 10 different kickstarters for pc hanhelds like that.

talan

Augur
- proper PC handhelds in future. DarkSouls/StardewValley/Witcher/whatever on the go.
Dark Souls and The Witcher on a mobile phone? EMULATED?

- win32 aplications on tablets. Meaning all those graphical tablets will soon go away when you will have adobe photoshop on tablet.
We've had x86 windows tablets at cheap prices for the while. Check out aliexpress.

Perkel

Arcane
Microsoft and Qualcomm Collaborate to Bring Windows 10 & x86 (32-bit) Emulation
meh.png
to Snapdragon Processors

We are not talking here about some fan made emulation but company made.

Same type that allows Xbox one to emulate X360 despite having 0 hardware in common and not requiring i5-9999 20Ghz to run and Nvidia TwinXXTitan9000 53GB.
They are outright saying you will be able to play Crysis 2 or some games like that.

What is the difference with a regular Win8 / Win10 convertible computer? Not to be obtuse, it is a 100% honest question but I don't see the big revolution here.

Mobile sized PCs that will be able to run win32 aplications and masively cheaper than what you can buy now.

For me personally i always wanted proper handheld PC with win32 support.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Microsoft Is Bringing Windows 10 To ARM, x86 Apps Included

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10889/microsoft-and-qualcomm-bring-windows-10-to-snapdragon-processors

That is yuuuuuuuuuuuge news if true. It opens up way for proper PC handheld or steamhandhelds that look like handhelds instead of bricks and are proper pc handhelds without bullshit or cut down things.

I don't like win10. but getting proper pc handheld would be awesome.

Anything is better than Android. ANYTHING.

Severian Silk

Why hasn't anyone made a Linux handheld yet? That would eliminate the whole need for a thing like this.

Oh waaaiiiit...

Perkel

Arcane
Why hasn't anyone made a Linux handheld yet? That would eliminate the whole need for a thing like this.

Oh waaaiiiit...

Handheld means it plays games, can i play Dark Souls on Linux ? No. Nor 99% of games out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom