Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wings Over Flanders Fields

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I only played phase II and must say it was the best WW1 flying game I ever played, including RoF.

Creates a very good athmosphere and an excellent sense of flying. With Rise of Flight I simply don't get that feeling. It has to do with believability, sound and the way the terrain works, which is all superior in the 10 year old engine. You will also see small things on the ground like tents with soldiers, cars, guns etc. It was not without it's problems though, P2 stopped working after a while and interface was still littered with crap from CFS3.

This isn't simply meant to be a game in which you shoot biplanes, it attempts simulates the hopelessness over the trenches. The correct way to play it would be dead is dead. Take off with no time compression, always stay alert to your surroundings and try to survive mission after mission.

I would highly recommend it, but I don't spend so much money for games and especially not mods.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
They really say a lot about the campaign mode but don't really show a lot from it. Is it anything like the one in ye olde Red Baron? That was one of the most immersive (yikes) and personal ones I ever saw. That much personality in a flight sim amazed me.

Burning Bridges

I would keep "campaign" and "career" separate here. In Red Baron (2) , what I really liked was the career mode. If I remember right there was a map of the front with many (historic) units, you could transfer between them and so on.

This part left me unimpressed here. They have a career similar to RB2, yes, but it's running in an external app. It's outwardly made to look very professional, but it wasn't very good.

The campaign however is fantastic. What you see on the ground is constantly alive, you see soldiers, trains, AA, balloons, planes take off from airfields when you pass over them, etc.
Apparently CFS3 was years ahead of it's time in this respect, and if you dream of a flight sim where there's always something going on on the ground, this is the one you should get.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
They really say a lot about the campaign mode but don't really show a lot from it. Is it anything like the one in ye olde Red Baron? That was one of the most immersive (yikes) and personal ones I ever saw. That much personality in a flight sim amazed me.

watch and awe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3h9nym70WY

there are troops on ground assaulting enemy trench positions, and you can join in to strafe the poor bloody infantry and help the war cause. This is what I always in a flight sim, especialy WW1.
Game is truly amazing for what it is meant to be.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Looks amazing, who would guess that a 2002 engine can pull it.

Pol%20Screenshot2587.jpg

Madmatt%20pfalz.jpg

WOFF20140401-009.jpg

Burning Bridges

if you multiply that by 10, it gives you glimpse what gaming in 2014 would be without the :decline:

Luka-boy

Arcane
How the hell did I miss this? I thought RoF was the only decent WWI sim nowadays and since I won't buy RoF because I don't like their business model I thought I was out of luck and would need to stick to Red Baron 3D forever.

This seems pretty good and the dynamic campaign section in their website alone is giving me a boner. I will investigate further, but so far it seems like a strong candidate for :takemymoney:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bounce:

$49.99 >> BUY NOW <<
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY (NO DVD)

:takemyjewgold:

Recommended settings and hardware related to getting the best out of our amazing WW1 simulator Wings: Over Flanders Fields(known as 'WOFF').

* Note: Requires Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 PC with Windows 7 64 bit or above. *

:negative:

Is it even legal to charge money for a mod to another company's game?

Burning Bridges

It is legal unless it is declared illegal.
MS has never given a shit what people do in this respect. Afaik the logic was that mods increase sales of their game, and since there are companies that sell nothing but airplanes for MSF, why not a WW1 game.

The analogy is, if your software requires Microsoft Windows, why should Microsoft have an interest to stop you?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The team is working on a 'ultimate edition'

full-14437-127373-woff_ue_shaders_22.jpg

full-14437-127375-woff_ue_shaders_24.jpg

Too bad they are jews and want AAA price for a mod for a 15 year old game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom