Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witchcraft games search

Dertuik

Novice
Hello,

im looking for some good games with witchcraft as the main theme. i liked this thread http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/games-with-a-stark-bizarre-atmosphere.106715/ about bizarre atmosphere games but im looking for something more specific.
i havent tried the blair witch game yet, i guess i will have to..

im dont have any specific game genre or setting in mind, dark, weird, eerie and mysterious atmosphere (but most importantly a witch or witches) is what im looking for.. hex bags, eating children, manipulation..

what im looking for in a witch:
Goya_Caprichos_68.jpg
image.jpg

forest-witch-thumb.jpg
trials_1799.jpg

or maybe just a normal looking woman being a witch...

what im not looking for:
sabrina3.jpg
Halloween_Minnie_Mouse_Witch.jpg

how i picture a hex bag:
download.jpg

how i dont..:
original_hex_vacity_laptop_bag_laptop_15_techgag.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions.

lemon-lime

Educated
I tried to think of something, but unfortunately, Skyrim's Hagravens are the only ones, that crossed my mind.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hagraven_(Skyrim)

Hagravens are not the main theme of Skyrim, of course. But they are not uncommon, especially in the Forsworn territory of western Skyrim. Most of them are just enemies to be slain. (That's Xcom Skyrim, baby!)
But it is possible to interact with a few in some side quests.

Cadmus

Arcane
Silent Hill 3 is something like a modern witchery thing but I can't remember anything else. Maybe Bloodborne.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Divinity: Original Sin's story is centered around two witches. They are of a different kind though, more cute than evil (though one of them is evil and is the main antagonist). There is also a witch class you can play with.

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Elvira RPG/adventure game was the only thing similar to what you want. Or Darklands.

Dertuik

Novice
Thank you for the suggestions.
I played the Gabriel Knight remake which was great, the vodou/voodoo (whatever.. ) theme was exactly what i was looking for when i was in the mood for voodoo stuff.
Also shadowman really hit the spot.
Still not exactly what i want now.
is there a secret gabriel knight game with a forest witch corrupting a village nearby or something? would love it

Im not sure about silent hill, will try though. i only played SH2 and SH3. But when i think about it, it might satisfy me a bit.

Actually the hagravens in skyrim are (in my opinion) really dark and creepy and id love something like that as a main story, i wouldnt mind that skyrim is skyrim if it was all about these deformed witches and creatures alike and not about stupid guards with german accent and their knees full of arrows...

Witcher is off the table, my computer couldnt handle it.

I finished divinity original sin in multiplayer, then i tried creating a witch character (dark spells, poison healing/heal dmg perk and so on..) - that was great, i guess i could go back to this game and try to finish it with this build, feels witchlike enough.

i checked murdered soul victim on youtube - i cant stand the guys hat , i feel embarrassed just watching him. ill try not think about it and play the game some time. you got me with voice acting and writing.

not sure if i can handle darklands graphics, im just not oldschool enough. maybe i can power through or something though..

and.. is bayonetta a sex teacher?

baturinsky

Arcane
Kyrandia 2 could fit, I think.

But most authentic Witchcraft experience probably lies within Minecraft mods, especially aptly-named Witchery.

Also, there are certain Witchery/Magic themed The Sims DLCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom