Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Witcher 3 10/10 GOTY Review Roundup

SwiftCrack

Arcane
DZgPATA.jpg

next-gen textures

Reminds me of LA Noire.

Perkel

Arcane
Predictions:

pros
- amazing non linear C&C
- great story
- best characters
- best world design
- no fetch quests in traditional sense of that word
- amazing writting
cons
- shit combat
- junk
- padding

DZgPATA.jpg

next-gen textures

:prosper:

Nyast

Cipher
I got hyped about Witcher 1, I had a weak will, and I bought it. I didn't like it.

I got hyped again about Witcher 2, I had a weak will, and I bought it. And I didn't like it either.

I'm hyped about Witcher 3, I have a weak will, and I'm gonna buy it. Will I like it ?

Gicusan

Educated
I got it on GoG!
It comes as a bundled game with Nvidia's GTX 900s and a friend traded it for 2 beers (and the tips). I still wonder if those money weren't better spent on booze for myself. but he was penniless so I would have had to buy him drinks anyway.
I somehow liked the first game as it had an interesting story, a fresh world with some decent characters. Did not like or finish 2. Have low expectations on 3. But I finished the boring PoE (I mean I still have to beat that last boss but that is 2 weeks old in waiting and expect it wont happen ever) so i have free time. At least I am not expecting much out of this one so I surely wont be disappointed. I hope so at least. I had 0 expectations from DA Inquisition and I was still disappointed (2 hours in game was all I could do) - horrible game.

As for the potato producer, I used to like them but now they are selling their "good guys image" like a would be virgin selling their hymen for the highest bidder. So, I expect them to do worse and worse games that will sell more and more.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Yep, it looks like crap in xbox:

That footage was shot on PC afair.

Also... why even link this?

"Hey guys, look at this video footage of a TV screen of a PC game, this is how we judge how games look."

It's like watching the new Avengers film on a VHS tape through a manhole cover and then saying the VFX look mediocre.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Yep, it looks like crap in xbox:

"Hey guys, look at this video footage of a TV screen of a PC game, this is how we judge how games look."

It's like watching the new Avengers film on a VHS tape through a manhole cover and then saying the VFX look mediocre.

Dude, get over it, the downgrade was confirmed by CDR. They blatantly said it was downgraded for consoles, it looks worse than TW2.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Dude I mainly linked this for the laughs. Also I spotted some pretty low textures and since the vid is showing the xbox game case, I'm assuming he is playing the xbox version. If he is playing the PC version, I really hope he is using mid-low settings.

Zeriel

Arcane
cons
- shit combat

No need to go further. An action rpg with shit combat isn't worth playing.

So pretty much every action RPG ever with the possible exception of Dark Souls. (I actually don't like Dark Souls gameplay that much either, but some people love the timing-based stuff, not really my thing but I can respect the argument.)

cons
- shit combat

No need to go further. An action rpg with shit combat isn't worth playing.

So pretty much every action RPG ever with the possible exception of Dark Souls. (I actually don't like Dark Souls gameplay that much either, but some people love the timing-based stuff, not really my thing but I can respect the argument.)
dragons dogma, blade of darkness, dark messiah, risen 1, dragons crown all actionc crpgs with great combat. I dont even know how it is possible to develop an action game about monster hunter and combat system is not your fucking priority....

Ulrox

Arbiter
I got Witcher 3 for free due to a friend buying a gtx 970.

If Witcher 3 is awesome, then awesome - I'll have awesome fun.

If Witcher 3 is horrible, then awesome - I'll have awesome fun watching butthurt on rpg codex

:dance:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
The question is can father time polish a clump of turd (or coal) and turn it to diamond or some other rare and valuable substance?

Witcher Infinity - not a bad game

Can I only ask that the Codex review is not funny this time as I nearly bought number 2 on the strength of Vaultdwellers review - however I had already bought it because Witcher 1 had some potential.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is the main guy now capable of just STABBING a monster that is right behind him, or does he still feels the need to do a triple backflip first? (and get his attack interrupted in the process)?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If this Potato wonder has tits and Grim Dark story + fun popamole Combat? if yes First Day trip to Buccaneers Port if not Kommissar will have fun reading Komrade Roxorovich review and RK-47 kun LP... Either way Pobieda and :5/5::5/5:! :russia:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom