Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 patch 1.08 is out

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You guys seeing any performance gains?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Truly a great sign when the patch installer freezes and crashes. I'm not really in the mood for redownloading the entire game to make sure nothing got broken, but the game does start properly and even says that it's version 1.08. Just wondering how long it takes before some completely fucked-up stuff starts appearing.

Frozen

Arcane
Truly a great sign when the patch installer freezes and crashes. I'm not really in the mood for redownloading the entire game to make sure nothing got broken, but the game does start properly and even says that it's version 1.08. Just wondering how long it takes before some completely fucked-up stuff starts appearing.

Same thing happened to me on install but all seems fine so far.
Don't know is it me not noticing it in updates before but the only thing I see different is that mutagens are now easy recognizable-they change the icon appearance.
And you get that 1h level scaling for gear potion.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Not much performance gains on my side on this one, but I think I definitely saw some with 1.07

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I think the loading times might be a bit shorter, although 1.07 greatly improved those already. Otherwise the game seems to run like before, that is smoothly all around.

Kind of like 1.06, the main purpose of the patch seems to be to just fix everything that the previous patch broke. I wonder if it truly fixes all those broken quests. There are some issues that still haven't been fixed, like the annoying character pop-in that was introduced with an earlier patch, and an annoying issue that causes the attack key (and sometimes also the sign-casting key) to stop working completely until you exit combat or load a previous save. The latter seems to happen most often when fighting sirens, and I wonder if anyone else has been getting it. I don't remember running into it before 1.07.

I also ran into a new, hopefully rather minor issue today, as the ominous music track that played during the Coronation quest started playing on repeat, remaining the same even during combat or playing Gwent. Should be fixed by simply restarting the game.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Anyone tested Skellige's most wanted?
It was already fixed earlier, although they forgot to mention it. If you're using the GOG version, you can just redownload the DLC (they put updated versions of some of the DLC on the site) and it'll work fine, or at least it did for me. The Steam version supposedly got a hotfix of some sort.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It was already fixed earlier, although they forgot to mention it. If you're using the GOG version, you can just redownload the DLC (they put updated versions of some of the DLC on the site) and it'll work fine, or at least it did for me. The Steam version supposedly got a hotfix of some sort.
What's the filename of the fixed DLC?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
God fucking dammit with these patches. Now it seems I've got the Soldier Statuette bug which is apparently ancient but never appeared in my game before, with Triss simply standing around when she should be casting her spell. It seems a completionist run has become a physical impossibility with things just going wrong in so many different ways. I had precisely zero quest-related issues with either 1.02 or 1.03, no annoying character pop-in, no crashes to desktop at all (only the occasional freeze on the inventory screen, which could be easily fixed by removing the FPS limit), and prety much all issues were purely cosmetic. During this playthrough (started with 1.07) I've encountered half-a-dozen broken quests, character pop-in that's not just annoying but actually causes real problems by making certain characters (usually merchants) impossible to interact with or just makes them not spawn at all until you leave the area and then come back, a couple of CTD's (very rare, but still) and new graphical annoyances like some characters having these horrible low-detail faces when you look at them from a short distance away, like from the other side of a room. The patches have added some really good stuff, improved performance and so on, but I'm not certain if CDPR know what a "patch" is actually supposed to do.

They released 1.08.1 a few days back, and apparently that managed to break the achievements again, something that they already did in 1.07 and fixed in 1.08. Doesn't bother me that much personally, but it's pretty absurd at this point.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
And they still haven't fixed the PC-only bug that allows you to apply oils during combat by dragging them with the mouse to the swords. I used to think it was a design oversight but noticed I can't do it with a controller or with the 'E' key.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
And they still haven't fixed the PC-only bug that allows you to apply oils during combat by dragging them with the mouse to the swords. I used to think it was a design oversight but noticed I can't do it with a controller or with the 'E' key.
I was wondering what the deal was with oils that have a limited duration but which can be applied anywhere, anytime, as often as you want to.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was wondering what the deal was with oils that have a limited duration but which can be applied anywhere, anytime, as often as you want to.

Which made the skill that improves oil duration a strong contender for the "most useless skill in the game" award.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom