Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher mobile MOBA - shut down in less than a year, lol

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd be mad if I gave a shit about the Witcher universe.

But I don't. Because it sucks.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Cool.

Screenshot_2014-05-16-21-40-58.jpg

Avellion

Erudite
Everything will be a MOBA nowdays.

I for one cant wait for a MOBA starring all 44 presidents of the United States of America.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
THE WITCHER BATTLE ARENA CLOSED BETA LAUNCHES

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of the critically acclaimed Witcher franchise of games, and Fuero Games are thrilled to announce the launch of The Witcher Battle Arena Closed Beta for Android devices. Starting today, invites will be sent out in phases to selected gamers who signed up on the game’s homepage.

Gamers interested in joining the beta can still sign up here.

The Witcher Battle Arena is a fast, fun and accessible MOBA game based in the Witcher universe. Crafted to excel on mobile devices, Battle Arena combines great accessibility and a balanced learning curve with complex tactics and a limitless array of skill-based strategies gamers can deploy during each battle. Designed with fairness in mind, the game features no pay-to-win elements and allows players to unlock every piece of in-game content via gameplay.

The Closed Beta focuses on balancing gameplay, fixing potential netcode issues and further refining in-game features. Players can choose from 8 heroes and battle it out on two maps playable in Conquest Mode--The Nilfgaard Arena and Korath Desert.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-21-the-witcher-battle-arena-moba-available-tomorrow

The Witcher: Battle Arena MOBA available tomorrow
Free-to-play spin-off for iPhone, iPad and Android.

The Witcher: Battle Arena will be available to download tomorrow, 22nd January, on Android and iOS devices.

A free-to-play MOBA with in-app purchases, the game will extend CD Projket Red's Witcher universe with a "mobile-focused experience".

Familiar characters such as sorceress Philippa Eilhart, mohawked dwarf Zoltan Chivay and Kingslayer Letho Gulet will all appear, although series frontman Geralt of Rivia will not.

CD Projekt has promised that the game will offer a balanced and fair pay structure with no pay-to-win elements, although you will be able to speed up the process via micro-transactions.

"It will be a free game," project manager Tadek Zielinski promised to Eurogamer last year.

"You know we are fair with gamers. We are known for giving away stuff for free. We believe free is fair. So we wanted to realise our philosophy also with the MOBA game."

All items and heroes can be unlocked by playing the game, but you can spend real money to accelerate your unlocking speed.

"You will mostly pay for saving time," Zielinski added. "If you don't want to farm for your hero you can buy him. And also there are vanity items you pay for. But there will be absolutely no pay to win elements in our game."

Battle Arena was first shown off back at E3 2014, when it was announced for a Q4 2014 launch on iOS, Android and Windows Phones. There's no word on whether the Windows Phone version is still on the horizon.

:popamole:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shutdown is coming: http://thewitcher.com/twba/goodbye

But here's the cool (or CDPR's usual gamer friendly PR) part:

In a nutshell, we’re shutting down TWBA and, as a goodbye gift, we’re offering anyone who purchased items in the game time until November 23rd to receive an equivalent of the money they spent in the game to spend on GOG.com.

To participate, you’ll need to gather all the invoice/order numbers you received after your in-app purchase(s), have a GOG.com account ready (if you don’t have one, you can create one for free here), and fill out the form below.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, that means GOG.com will need to give away around $23 worth of free games! Probably less, if people have deleted their invoices.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Didn't even know this existed.

Mobile games success is 99% marketing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At the very least the lack of funding will somewhat curtail the shitty Tit-witcher series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom