Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 7

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Wizardry 7 - did anyone play it? It is worth it? What is your impressions?

Epsilon

Cipher
Are you new here?

Then I can save you some time, by telling you that it's widely regarded as being shit and not worth the time.:troll:

Dorateen

Arcane
Crusaders of the Dark Savant is among the top three computer role-playing games of all time, possibly the second best ever made.

But start with Bane of the Cosmic Forge, if you want to run through the complete trilogy.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's terrible

Once you've played it you realize that few gaming experiences will ever match it, then you despair

Then you start waiting for Grimoire

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Don't play the Wizardry 7 GOLD version, as there is a bug of which ALL the text immediately flies past you on the screen (you will miss out on almost everything because of this). Find the DOS version and play that. And and as Dorateen has already said, start with Wizardry 6 SO YOU CAN GET THE RING.

:obviously:

pippin

The gog version of Wiz 6 + 7 has the DOS version of 7 as an extra.
edit: the steam versions has it too.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Wizardry 7 - did anyone play it? It is worth it? What is your impressions?
Considering that probably half of Wizardry megathread is about Wiz7, yes, definitely someone played it.
And it's great and one of my most cherished cRPGs.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Need some help.. 1. How to repeat last action? 2. Is there lvl scaling? 3. How I can see info on monsters? 4. Psi school has item id? 5. Can I take long to explore or Npc take all maps?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How exactly scouting works? Why can't I manually lvl up and why there are 1 OR 3 stat increases? You need save scum at lvl up?

kmonster

Augur
Need some help.. 1. How to repeat last action? 2. Is there lvl scaling? 3. How I can see info on monsters? 4. Psi school has item id? 5. Can I take long to explore or Npc take all maps?
1.just go through the same clicking routine again 2.No, grinding long enough will solve all combat problems 3.Find it out yourself 4.Read the manual 5.Take your time, if NPCs take the maps just look at answer 2, there's only a small chance of the game getting unsolvable because of this (wandering NPCs trading with a stationary one you can't trade or fight with).

How to broke Wiz7 easy way.

1. Kill brother Tsober.
2. Return to kill his ghost and demons and since they're resurrecting infinitely (just need to leave map and back), rinse and repeat.
3. Gain this way 1-3 levels per fight.
4. After 1-2 hours of grinding you are able to stomp everything in this gaem, including Fiend of 9 Worlds and Beast of 1000 Eyes.

Last edited:

kmonster

Augur
How exactly scouting works? Why can't I manually lvl up and why there are 1 OR 3 stat increases? You need save scum at lvl up?
Now you're getting too obvious. Continue your clickbait in the Let's Play section by faking a blind longplay there.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I can dual wield some weapons, any penalty or skill for it? Anyone tried cosmic forge for automap map?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Has anyone seen my umbrella ? I just can't find it and it's getting rainy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom