Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 8 Custom Portraits

I would indeed enjoy seeing your psd files

Ask and I shall deliver! (it just might take a while)

https://mega.co.nz/#!tEpljQxL!4qy_RY2IZ-bnFfBAGp-seb3PaqL_1zWYp4cuu6-dr2s
edit (may 2020): working link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04204109323603190703

This should include files for both getting my portraits to work in Wiz8 straight away, and also those psd and tga files and such.

If anyone tries using these in game, let me know if they work. If they don't, I'll fix it (in just a couple of months or so)

Thanks to everyone for the comments (regardless of tone). I disagree with some and agree with some. Lighter background/darker face combination doesn't really work, but I did prefer having some colour in the background to those all blacks of original portraits.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great work 4th, I checked em out and I like your style. Using the "upper row of teeth" method for the "stretch" layer makes good sense as it is a natural mouth position. Thanks for sharing and again I'm grateful if my guide helped you.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Zombra
:lol:
These portraits... ah, DeviantArt. Should expect that.
They're from game See No Evil, lot of NFWS gay pictures and scenes, sexbad seal of approval.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
anyone know how I can export portraits from the game? I used to know but I forgot. :avatard:

edit: nvm found it :salute:

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CErDdeI4zIQ.jpg

What the hell, don't credit me for freakin Jean-Luc Picard and the Terminator, not mine, nor the dog

Still, nice to be appreciated

Zombra

Patron
Looks like Madras was already part of the 2014 release, but for some reason I decided to make a gif just now to show him off. Sti files also available as standalone download on mega.

Probably my favorite RPC and a damn good Gadgeteer.

lPInixS.gif

ptH8CUF.jpg

Art credit: original art by Draggeta
No idea where that crazy gun is originally from but here is the image I shopped it from

Last edited:

mikebrown

Literate
Would it be possible to port Wizardry Labyrinth of Souls' anime portraits to Wizardry 8 like how you did for these portraits? I found some of the portraits here
https://www.creativeuncut.com/art_wizardry-labyrinth-of-lost-souls_a.html
Some gameplay of how they look
https://youtu.be/6MLzbqO3_lc?t=649

as you can see... they are animated. I think they'd transition smoothly in theory. i don't have Labyrinth of Souls on Steam myself so I can't check if you can simply go into the file folder and find the portrait images or if you have to unpack a data file to get into those.

Zombra

Patron
Would it be possible to port Wizardry Labyrinth of Souls' anime portraits to Wizardry 8 like how you did for these portraits?
Lost Souls and Wizardry 8 were created by different developers and use different engines. There's no reason to believe the file types would be compatible. Even if they were, they are at different resolutions and would need to be "rebuilt" from scratch to accommodate the older game's parameters.

Probably the easiest thing would be to simply take screenshots and do the import process the same way as any other images.

I like that hustle though, let me know if you find out they're compatible.

mikebrown

Literate
ah that makes sense, they are released years apart after all. honestly i dont think i have the willpower to import via screenshots and manually animate enough characters for a full party. i really wish the developers didn't pack in the portraits in the data file, instead just have them out in the open so they can be easily replaced lol

mikebrown

Literate
Sorry for the double post, but I've been looking more into it and I think I want to at least import them unanimated. I was thinking of getting characters from Wiz LoS, Strangers of Sword City, and Goblin Slayer into this game. I just wanted to ask - what do I do at the end so I can make them share-able with other people like you did here? I noticed you have folders in the portrait folder not just for medium, but also large and small portraits as well. Even though in your guide, it only says to do that for medium portraits.

Zombra

Patron
Sorry for the double post, but I've been looking more into it and I think I want to at least import them unanimated. I was thinking of getting characters from Wiz LoS, Strangers of Sword City, and Goblin Slayer into this game. I just wanted to ask - what do I do at the end so I can make them share-able with other people like you did here? I noticed you have folders in the portrait folder not just for medium, but also large and small portraits as well. Even though in your guide, it only says to do that for medium portraits.
Correct. The guide is actually out of date, which is to say it should still work but I've found better tools since then. If you use a tool called STI-Edit instead of the portrait importer in the guide, you should be able to use it for all three sizes and keep separate files for each custom, instead of having them all overwrite PATCH.010.

I've vaguely wanted to update the guide, but .... you know, life.

mikebrown

Literate
Correct. The guide is actually out of date, which is to say it should still work but I've found better tools since then. If you use a tool called STI-Edit instead of the portrait importer in the guide, you should be able to use it for all three sizes and keep separate files for each custom, instead of having them all overwrite PATCH.010.

I've vaguely wanted to update the guide, but .... you know, life.
Ok so I spent all day and I got like 18 or so characters imported using that STI Edit program and your guide (thank you!!). I am completely burnt out. They look great though. The problem is, I only used STI Edit with the medium picture. I used the portrait manager for the small and large images. Is there still an easy way to share my work at this point? I would love to post them here.

Zombra

Patron
I use the mega.nz file sharing service to share my in game files. If you want to make gifs of your images like I did in the first post for easy visual sharing, that takes a totally different utility. I use Ulead GIF Animator.

mikebrown

Literate
Update: I'm currently working on more races. I will update this soon. I already have the Draco, Rawulf, and Mook races finished. Currently working on the Felpurr race.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom