Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WoD meets EVE

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Now, throw similar creatures in front of Conan, and you get eldritch sushi and Conan being grumpy that he lost more hit points than usual.
There's a webcomic with a picture of this plus magical girl http://www.exiern.com/?p=28. The next page has the sushi.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You realize the main target audience for this will end up being 15-16-year-olds who like goth metal and would like to be very mysterious, right?

laclongquan

Arcane
Depend on the ass of teh models I will chose my clan...

Anyway, Codex society is the very definition of Anarchist regions. We are not orderly enough to be Camarilla, as that require at least 1 charismatic enough leader as baron with twenty willing subordinates as minions. Unwilling ones dont count. And I dont see twenty.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You realize the main target audience for this will end up being 15-16-year-olds who like goth metal and would like to be very mysterious, right?

You could say the same about Bloodlines and that is a great game.

Data4

Arcane

Anyway, Codex society is the very definition of Anarchist regions. We are not orderly enough to be Camarilla, as that require at least 1 charismatic enough leader as baron with twenty willing subordinates as minions. Unwilling ones dont count. And I dont see twenty.

I see us as a mix of Nosferatu and Brujah with a healthy dose of Malkie.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Better to divide by sub-forums:

News - Tremere
Site Feedback - Ventrue
Computer RPG - Setites
MMORPG - Nosferatus
jRPG - Gangrel
General Gaming - Brujah
Codex Library - Toreador
Workshop - Tzimisce
Prosper's Funhouse - Malkavians

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I know quite a few VtM larpers of the 15-16-year-old goth variety, sadly.

I know none that have actually completed VTM:B, nor even heard about it except from me.

VtM:B is way to non-gloomy and fresh for that target audience.

Black

Arcane

I see us as a mix of Nosferatu and Brujah with a healthy dose of Malkie.
Malks are too docile and sane for the Codex, we need a new clan of Prosperians.

Norfleet

You know, every time I see this thread, I think "Vampires in Space", and that this would be awesome.

Then I realize it's THIS thread again. Lame.

oklenny

Educated
kinda want to play a werewolf hopefully we can
otherwise ill just pk vampires as human cuz meh

Erzherzog

Magister
It IS WoD right? Why are we discussing only Vampires right now? Is the rest of that shit left for expansions? Fuck them if that's the case. Always prefer the Hunter series, if simply because Witchhunters are one of the greatest fantasy archtypes ever.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/27/e...et-footage-shows-hunting-parties-and-parkour/

Players in World of Darkness start out mortal, but will be quickly tuned. Or so CCP expect. There will be players who try to last as long as they can in human form. Initially, it won’t be a fully fleshed out way to exist. “We’re not putting a huge amount of functionality into the mortal game,” McDonough says. The other races that fill the World of Darkness universe like werewolves and mages won’t be in at launch either, but CCP “consider this to be future expansions.”

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm kinda disappointed CCP hasn't released anything official regarding WoD even though they said earlier to look forward to this year's Fanfest.

The footage was rendered in the World of Darkness engine. McDonough admits that the working client doesn’t run at the video’s framerates, and postprocessing has been used to add additional lighting effects that they’re planning to implement as they unlock DirectX11 features further into development. I wasn’t taken with the spindly early character models, but the city – dark, brooding, soaking wet – was detailed and evocative. The window shaders CCP are building show interiors that shift depending on your perspective, giving depth to the multi-storey facades. Fans whirr in their sockets, steam rises from the drains. Everything glistens. I want to put on a trench coat, tip my hat against the rain and explore.

At least they're honest.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Game will have shit grafix.

Gangrel Tier II Discipline (Claws of the Beast/Feral Claws) will be be nerfed right out the bat pissing of Gangrel players and resulting in rage quits

Things will stablize and die hard wod fans will keep playing

Newbies will bitch about harsh death penalties and high level players stalking them.

Game will limp on like a zombie ghoul (heh) then finally crash and burn. Kinda similar to TOR but TOR at least has the power of the Star Wars brand backing it. WoD will have nothing.

Bonus: Squeals of rage when hordes of TWILIGHT fangirls try to play so they can LARP the bitch from Twilight, and find out this is nothing like it.

Bonus II: Squels of rage from WoD fans when developers add in Glowing-in-sunlight Vampire Clan top satisfy the urges of Twilight wimmin (and the urges of dev bank accts)

Black

Arcane
Why weren't you around when I played Lotto, you fuck.

roll-a-die

Magister

I know none that have actually completed VTM:B, nor even heard about it except from me.

Where the fuck do you live that 16 year olds larp?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

It's called Denmark. Or Sweden. Or the US. Or anywhere where LARP is done. It's true that kid's LARPing is mostly in Scandinavia, but 15-16+ is the usual starting age for LARPers. Exceptions are places like Israel where people don't start LARPing until adulthood.

Mortmal

Arcane
It IS WoD right? Why are we discussing only Vampires right now? Is the rest of that shit left for expansions? Fuck them if that's the case. Always prefer the Hunter series, if simply because Witchhunters are one of the greatest fantasy archtypes ever.

They are probably focusing on vampires as you cant sell gothic dress , shoes, makeup, hair dye to werewolves.... Remember those guys thought selling virtual monocles for 90$ was a good idea, before people left in drove .This game will be centered around an item shop, they never hide it.

roll-a-die

Magister

It's called Denmark. Or Sweden. Or the US. Or anywhere where LARP is done. It's true that kid's LARPing is mostly in Scandinavia, but 15-16+ is the usual starting age for LARPers. Exceptions are places like Israel where people don't start LARPing until adulthood.
I'm just saying nowadays it's mostly the 30 somethings like me, last I saw a 16 year old at the local larp, he quit after 2 months.

Most 16 year olds either have school, or else aren't interested enough to socialize beyond the World of Warcraft.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Better to divide by sub-forums:

News - Tremere
Site Feedback - Ventrue
Computer RPG - Setites
MMORPG - Nosferatus
jRPG - Gangrel
General Gaming - Brujah
Codex Library - Toreador
Workshop - Tzimisce
Prosper's Funhouse - Malkavians

General Discussion - Sabbath version of every clan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom