Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Rev

Arcane
Didn't Square penis whine a lot that the game flopped because they were throwing too much money at it? It was interesting mess to watch,it sold a ton of copies and the Square penis whined how it didn't make any money. Also Lara lacks the killing rack!
They were whining about Tomb Raider 2013 sales, iirc. It sold 4 million copies in a month though, so undoubtedly it made a profit and it's just Square Enix which has completely unrealistic expectations with its games.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I dream of a time, when we could just play a game, without thinking too much about all the political and social and theoritical implications.

I get so tired. Every fucking time there's a new game out, people have to discuss what it means in contemporary society.. jesus fucking christ. It's so infectious.

I just shut it off. The internet was a mistake. It gives too many morons a voice. Delete the internet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Didn't Square penis whine a lot that the game flopped because they were throwing too much money at it? It was interesting mess to watch,it sold a ton of copies and the Square penis whined how it didn't make any money. Also Lara lacks the killing rack!
They were whining about Tomb Raider 2013 sales, iirc. It sold 4 million copies in a month though, so undoubtedly it made a profit and it's just Square Enix which has completely unrealistic expectations with its games.
I am not that certain that it made money. 4 millions are 240 mil gross in the best possible way.In reality it would be around 150 mil or even less,when you put taxes,sales,difference in prices in different countries. Now when you take out the production costs,inflation and marketing.... it won't be that much of a profit if any.

Rev

Arcane
I am not that certain that it made money. 4 millions are 240 mil gross in the best possible way.In reality it would be around 150 mil or even less,when you put taxes,sales,difference in prices in different countries. Now when you take out the production costs,inflation and marketing.... it won't be that much of a profit if any.
It was 4 million copies in a month, man. It's now at 5 millions on Steam alone, and that's not counting 360, ps3 and its re-releases on PS4 and One.
It definitely made profits for them, in spite of whatever budget they spent for the game (although I think it wasn't so high that they needed more than 4 million copies, tbh).

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
They'll never learn, that's for sure. It's not a first time a leftist agenda game flopped. Remember - hijacking established franchises is a bad idea without bringing anything new to the table that actual player would appreciate to see, "more of the same" sequels tend to flop. Copypasting others too.
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst? Flopped.
Rise of Tomb Raider? Flopped.
ME: Andromeda? Flopped.
Lawbreakers? Flopped.
Wolfenstein II: The New Cuck? Definitely Flopped.
Who would have thought focusing on political soapboxing and virtue signalling would not be as entertaining to paying customers as a mechanically sound game that is fun to play, devoid of real world politics that people use games to escape from, and optimized well.

I get so tired. Every fucking time there's a new game out, people have to discuss what it means in contemporary society.. jesus fucking christ. It's so infectious.
When a game (or anything) doesn't even have a decent, plausible story and/or tone, how can it have any type of reference to any outside issues is beyond me. In other words, they suck so they have to play the socio-political card.
I also don't, by any means, understand why something like homefront_2 bombs so heavily; while basically it's same shit, different boogeyman.

Queems

Barely Literate
I played and liked more than the previous version, although Blazkowicz's last game and adventures were also good.

Ash

Arcane
Dammit. General Gaming has a lot of decline-loving mole poppers as it is.

Anyhow, someone was talking about Bethesda as a failed publisher of games that aren't their own. Doom? Dishonored 1? Granted, they've probably had more flops than not, but I'd hazard a guess that all publishing efforts of third party games has cumulatively resulted in the green. Wolf TNO probably returned good results too. A lot of people played the first one. And a lot of tards think it's good and a return to old school form (even some of the codex, if you look at the beginning of this thread).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dammit. General Gaming has a lot of decline-loving mole poppers as it is.

Anyhow, someone was talking about Bethesda as a failed publisher of games that aren't their own. Doom? Dishonored 1? Granted, they've probably had more flops than not, but I'd hazard a guess that all publishing efforts of third party games has cumulatively resulted in the green. Wolf TNO probably returned good results too. A lot of people played the first one. And a lot of tards think it's good and a return to old school form (even some of the codex, if you look at the beginning of this thread).
And a lot of people though that Doom 4 is a good return to old fps....

Ash

Arcane
It probably was if you're in the braindead arena shooter camp (Serious Sam, Painkiller). I never got the appeal of those games, but thankfully they were the minority. Most old school FPS wasn't like that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It probably was if you're in the braindead arena shooter camp (Serious Sam, Painkiller). I never got the appeal of those games, but thankfully they were the minority. Most old school FPS wasn't like that.
Serious Sam was mindless fun,at least have colour,unlike doom 4. Still the best fps is DOOM 2!

Ash

Arcane
Mindless.
Fun.

Pick one. I'm not sure I've ever played a game I could describe as both mindless and fun. Even a simple game better be demanding constant tactics, strategy and decision-making, and throwing new shit at you to skillfully overcome. Does Serious Sam actually demand that? Not really from what I recall. Just keep strafing and blasting the hordes in a empty non-interactive arena. Sure you got to manage pickups and control the horde, but t doesn't go much further than that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mindless.
Fun.

Pick one. I'm not sure I've ever played a game I could describe as both mindless and fun. Even a simple game better be demanding constant tactics, strategy and decision-making, and throwing new shit at you to skillfully overcome. Does Serious Sam actually demand that? Not really from what I recall. Just keep strafing and blasting the hordes in a empty non-interactive arena. Sure you got to manage pickups and control the horde, but t doesn't go much further than that.
You need to drink more and relax. We are talking about shooters not about grand strategy games.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Ash

Arcane
Meh. Decline. Original Shadow Warrior was a "true" old school FPS, not that arena shooter shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom