Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

There are (unfortunately) so many wars (and other events) throughout history, why is this one getting so much attention, after all these years? If it wasn't all one-sided bullshit, and if the "losers" (Germany+ many nordic, scandinavian, slavic countries, Japan+ Hong Kong, SKorea, Thailand etc; even Italia, which joined forces with the so called Allies halfway through) weren't so demonized, perverted and humiliated (both In media and real life), then we could've said it was for (some kind of) historic importance and the effects. Then again it wouldn't justify THIS much attention. This is why I kinda appreciate North Korea for its stance, though not all their actions.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There are (unfortunately) so many wars (and other events) throughout history, why is this one getting so much attention, after all these years? If it wasn't all one-sided bullshit, and if the "losers" (Germany+ many nordic, scandinavian, slavic countries, Japan+ Hong Kong, SKorea, Thailand etc; even Italia, which joined forces with the so called Allies halfway through) weren't so demonized, perverted and humiliated (both In media and real life), then we could've said it was for (some kind of) historic importance and the effects. Then again it wouldn't justify THIS much attention. This is why I kinda appreciate North Korea for its stance, though not all their actions.
It'd be a disservice to our ancestors who died in the war to not dedicate two minutes per day hating those vile dirty Nazis for plunging the world into war and being responsible for all those innocent deaths. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I watched most of it on youtube including the ending. The tonal inconsistency in this game is staggering. It felt like they were originally going for an all out exploitation homage, something like Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds or Black Dynamite, but partway through development realized they need to make use of current political situations to make the story more topical. What you end up with is a game that is preachy about how we need to strike back at our evil oppressors, goes on at length about the horrible depravity of the Nazis, while meanwhile our main character ruthlessly chops a woman's face in half with an ax, stabs people multiple times in the throat and bashes their heads in with the butt of a gun and so on. We have characters making non-sequitur jokes during life and death situations, characters who are then shortly after killed in horrific fashion--are we supposed to laugh? Cry? Who the fuck knows.

BJ is a character that the game really wants us to sympathize with because he won't shut up with his mumbling monologues about his childhood memories, delivered after you have just blown apart 50 Nazi soldiers with your dual wielded automatic shotguns. At one point a character even stabs a sleeping Nazi guard in the stomach and watches him bleed out, when they could have, maybe, hit him over the head to knock him out? I'm not one to shy away from violence in any media, either, I really don't care for the most part, but when your game is trying to prop itself up as meaningful, to deliver some message about virtue and hope and change and whatever, it makes it very hard to swallow when half of the game is a non-step reveling in hyper violence. "Our side is absolutely right so the other side deserves nothing but unmitigated cruelty," seems to be the message of the main characters of the game, but the writers lack all self-awareness that might have allowed them to address how similar this stance is to, you know, the bad guys? What a stupid fucking game. Gameplay is pointless to discuss since it seems to take up a total of about 2 hours, scattered in 5 minute chunks across the 15 minute cutscenes. The game doesn't even have a final boss, because I suppose that is too "gamey" for their cinematic, poignant masterpiece.

... what do you mean you're ancestors weren't even close to the theatre? How does that matter? It isn't called WORLD War 2 for nothing! :outrage:

agentorange, you just, roughly, described the new order, except that one has no humor whatsoever (aside from the occasional easter egg).

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Juice, of course.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is the latest,there haven't been any major wars since.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The game doesn't even have a final boss, because I suppose that is too "gamey" for their cinematic, poignant masterpiece.
:lol::lol::lol:
Shit, for real?

Even Uncharted series had a final boss. Granted, banalshitboring QTEs, but still a boss fight.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Nope. Not even a QTE. BJ walks up to a woman, in a cutscene, and sinks an ax into her face, then slowly pries her skull apart to the point where the brain is fully visible. Then BJ and his multi-cultural gang of rebels stand in front of TV camera and directly address the player about how they will not stand for oppression, that the evil, lying bad guys who have taken over America will be defeated with extreme prejudice.

Drakron

Arcane
about how they will not stand for oppression...

That is amusing considering how they treated Sigrun for most of the game and the reason why they were even alive was because she betrayed her mother. Of course that was solved when Sigrun had enough after that stupid party and decided to choke a bitch and was about to walk out.

I say this again I think, the problem with the game is the tone ... you want comedy and over the top, thats fine but then you have all that shit that sticks up like BJ father and all that seems to want to be taken serious so there is a dissonance with "they stuck my severed head into a supersoldat body and I am OK now" and "my father made me kill my dog" ... PICK ONE.

Also bonus points for smoking near a baby, MOTHER OF THE YEAR!

Ash

Arcane
To be fair smoking back then wasn't widely known to be harmful as it today. It could also be the point, to add contrast and highlight that even the good guys are flawed. There's no way a dev studio could add smoking and babies in the same room and not be conscious about it.

Just in the name of fairness, even though the devs weren't fair when they took a pre-existing IP and shat on it. Seems to be a thing Scandinavians are quite fond of doing.

Last edited:
Also bonus points for smoking near a baby, MOTHER OF THE YEAR!
Let me guess - father of the baby died fighting nazis and not just left?
The father was a white, fascist, rapist pig; that didn't even used his own nazi sperm to impregnate her
it was stolen from the house of a jewish genius mastermind, that the kind man that he was, used his own sperm to "cure" infertile mothers, and the sterile nazi, stole the vial to secretly admire it when nobody was around and sink into his misery. One day that girl, whom was taken slave by the nazi to work in his übersecret lab (because that's totally what Jerries did, not the freaking colonialists), interrupts the nazi's privacy, and to both take revenge and test a mega ubersyringe that they were working on, rapes the girl, and injects! der jusperm into her womb and impregnates her; and due to both jewish superiority and the terrible experimentations of the third reich, the baby is actually immune to toxic smokes or other forms of pollution; then s/he goes and invents! the GasMask®; and it's the backstory of one the dlcs.
:dance:

Ash

Arcane
You (or someone else) said that he was a cartoon because he was not only abusive but also racist and sexist...have you ever met anyone abusive? They usually are racist, sexist, and a ton of other such traits rolled into one. Especially old school types.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You (or someone else) said that he was a cartoon because he was not only abusive but also racist and sexist...have you ever met anyone abusive? They usually are racist, sexist, and a ton of other such traits rolled into one. Especially old school types.
That is a bullshit mate.

Urbanolo

Augur
That is a bullshit mate.

It isn't actually, people with narcissistic personality disorder are usually like this - megalomaniac and disdainful of others, no matter race or sex. I don't think Wolfenstein wanted to accurately portrait an abusive father figure, but those people DO exist.

Ash

Arcane
By abusive we're talking physically/sexually, like daddy BJ. Not someone that yells at you in the street. They're often nasty balls of psychotic on multiple levels.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I knew a guy who's old man was practically a terrorist on that level in terms of abuse. But he wasn't racist or sexist.
Like, at all. If he heard his kids talking like that they'd get the shit beat out of them even.

Edit: For me, those scenes seemed more of an attempt to shit on white America/Midwestern USA, etc.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is a bullshit mate.

It isn't actually, people with narcissistic personality disorder are usually like this - megalomaniac and disdainful of others, no matter race or sex. I don't think Wolfenstein wanted to accurately portrait an abusive father figure, but those people DO exist.
I know that they do exist,know a few criminals and assholes. They are just people,when you get married or waiting for a baby,you don't go in a corner and mumble how much you are going to beat the shit out of them. Live is going on and some people just can't take it any more and become assholes. Also being aggressive and violent doesn't mean that you beat the shit out of your family. Most people that are people that beat their families are more of a beta cuck type of guys. Have someone that hate at work but he is stronger and they beat the shit out of their family.

As for the racist,sexist thing....well most people are racists and sexists,not the cartoon and media type of sexists and racists. Just the simple dislike of a difference type ,that likes to joke about such shit. Most people don't even know such things about themself.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Guys, SJWs don't care about abusive assholes. What they care about is painting "racists" and "sexists" in as bad a light as they possibly can. If you are a racist, you are also likely to be the type of guy who has no qualm stringing up black kids by the neck or killing dogs for shits and giggle, according to them. Obviously if you are a psychopath being a racist may also come with the territory, but not everyone who is a racist has to invariably be a psychopath, and once we factor in how loose the definition SJWs use to classify what makes a person racist you can see why there's a problem with them justifying psychotic violence on people on the ground that they are deemed to be the psychotically violent ones.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Guys, SJWs don't care about abusive assholes. What they care about is painting "racists" and "sexists" in as bad a light as they possibly can. If you are a racist, you are also likely to be the type of guy who has no qualm stringing up black kids by the neck or killing dogs for shits and giggle, according to them. Obviously if you are a psychopath being a racist may also come with the territory, but not everyone who is a racist has to invariably be a psychopath, and once we factor in how loose the definition SJWs use to classify what makes a person racist you can see why there's a problem with them justifying psychotic violence on people on the ground that they are deemed to be the psychotically violent ones.
Racism is based on emotion and some logic,psychopaths have no emotions,they are evolved sociopath. In modern day most psychopaths are sjws,because that is the movement that lets them do bad shit unnoticed.

What are you guys rambling about? I just made something up trying to ape, what I've seen and read of, The Jew Cuckossus the best I can! Unless that thing is actually in the game. Regardless:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2674454/ Churchill

The Raid World War II http://store.steampowered.com/app/414740/
The Man with the Iron Heart http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3296908/

Seem to favor both sides, don't really have a narrative whatsoever:
Steel Division: Normandy 44 http://store.steampowered.com/app/572410/Steel_Division_Normandy_44/
Day of Infamy http://store.steampowered.com/app/447820/Day_of_Infamy/

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
With the father "character" they simply threw a bunch of negative traits into him and out came some silly over the top evil dad that lives just to be some racist abusive asshole. It's so cartoony.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol @ the Nazi angle from the video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom