Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have set the standard! Also I greatly anticipate the next thread you start. Surely it will herald the coming of another gem such as this one and the countless others.

Machocruz

Arcane
45GB? It would take me days to download it and less than half of one to beat it. I'm going to start taking that into account in my ratings. And thus his game is already a 5/10 at best.

Peter

Arcane
So, so weird how serious the game seems to be about its story, from the tidbits I've seen.

Does this shit actually appeal to anyone? I would think that even the 13 year old boys want their storytelling a bit more :obviously:

Sorry, I'm just really dumbfounded by the existence of this thing. Not one solid decision seems to have been made in its development. AAA gaming is becoming more and more of a sad sight. We've been getting dumbed down/popamole/whatever games for a while now, of course, but the number of complete abortions being released (the likes of Syndicate, Hitman: Absolution, Thiaf, now Wolfenstein) seems to really be on the rise.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's weird that a contemporary singleplayer FPS starts on a high note. As expected, though, the stuff that came afterward was pretty sucky.

You know that video of the guy entering the room and the enemies just slowly walking toward him and repeatedly stabbing him without doing much damage? Well, that's not just the case for that room. That is the enemy AI behavior for an entire level.

Jesus fuck

retardation

Learned
It's weird that a contemporary singleplayer FPS starts on a high note. As expected, though, the stuff that came afterward was pretty sucky.

You know that video of the guy entering the room and the enemies just slowly walking toward him and repeatedly stabbing him without doing much damage? Well, that's not just the case for that room. That is the enemy AI behavior for an entire level.

Jesus fuck

Are they zombies or something?

That's so mature I can't even

kazgar

Arcane
Not sure why, but i'll spoiler this just in case

With that youtube ending, wonder what happens if you don't stab the heck out of him and just run off, would be interesting to have the not gory death being the err "good" ending, i mean the cannons gonna wipe him out anyway

That'll probably be asking way too much from popamole.

Maybe sexbad can test if its doable as he's playing the game.

Divinity: Original Sin
Not sure why, but i'll spoiler this just in case

With that youtube ending, wonder what happens if you don't stab the heck out of him and just run off, would be interesting to have the not gory death being the err "good" ending, i mean the cannons gonna wipe him out anyway

That'll probably be asking way too much from popamole.

Maybe sexbad can test if its doable as he's playing the game.

Probably the game will take control and Blow Job Lackowitz will actually perform the action anyway... I hate these false choices....

Suicidal

Arcane
So I take it this game is total garbage even if I kinda enjoyed Wolfenstein 2009?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Extra funny since Blapowitz clearly says "I will force your surrender", only to then just stab the guy anyways. Would have been more interesting to see him actually capture the guy alive; if you don't want to have a real boss fight then you could also put some effort into not having it not end with a simple killing. But that wouldn't be visceral. Also lol at the fact that they did not even change the text, it still says "takedown". I guess stabbing someone through the heart would take them down, though apparently not quick enough to keep them from grabbing and unpinning a grenade with one hand.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anna?
Some random chick dropped here by devs (with the publisher order) to make same role as that little girl from Bioshock:Infinite (forgot her name) - to catch the bait called mature gamer. Or younger audience, depend of the view.

Angthoron

Arcane
So, BJ is dead, but not before spreading his seed. Guess the next Wolfenstein (like that will happen) we play the role of BJJ, a man looking for to avenge his dad, a middle-aged, derpy-looking guy.

Also, for all those sex scenes, BJ does not live up to his name. :decline:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, interesting piece of trivia for potatos, that Anya womyn is VO'd by Alicja Bachleda-Curuś :M

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If that Eurogamer review quote about linear levels didn't scare you off, watch the Giant Bomb quick look. Fucking thing is Call of Duty levels of railroaded.

Also textures for items look terrible, just like Rage, even on the mighty PS4.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So I take it this game is total garbage even if I kinda enjoyed Wolfenstein 2009?

If you enjoyed Wolfenstein 2009, you are the garbage :smug:

:killit:

Wolf '09 is actually a very cool game, but it takes a while to get to the cool parts. Its start and the first few missions are utter shit, I'll give you that, and when I played it for the first time (quite recently), I only clenched my buttocks and stuck through them because I thought "hnngg maybe it'll get better once high-tech nazis appear". And it actually did get better, pretty drastically even. It picks up after about 25% of the game, while around the middle it pretty much turns into a Typical Wolfensteen Experience (tm) - it has lots of supercool guns, cool enemies, a lot of flexibility of approach because of the superpowers and multitude of guns and upgrades, and many pretty cleverly hidden secrets. Also, the gaem is fairly long for a modern shooter, so even around that middle when it gets extracool, there's still a lot of playtime left.

Wolfensteen 09's just about only weaknesses are the terribad start and the popamole hp regen. But otherwise it's a ridiculously fun game in the long run that gets shittons of undeserved flak (often from people who haven't even played it, but read on ign that its bad).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
No it's not. It's not a "non-linear" shooter by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as you hit the Castle level (about 45m in) the levels open up very slightly, with opportunities with stealth and flanking attacks via secret passages. The Poland-Berlin border checkpoints level is basically a series of open courtyards with patrol routes and gun emplacements dotted around, giving the player a chance to consider the best route. It's no more linear than FEAR or the original RTCW with the exception of having portions of the level blocked off behind you.

Well I watched an hour of the fucking thing and it was all a straight line. It was also extremely CoD style in that you were forced into certain points so you can watch sinematic akshun moments. It looks pretty fucking terrible. If it gets better after that fine, but I gotta go by what I see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom