Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I didn't say only the zombie stages were bad, if anything that mission where you can't be detected is the worst of all

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I didn't say only the zombie stages were bad, if anything that mission where you can't be detected is the worst of all

Paderborn is great, fuck you.

The one where you are paradropped into the rocket base perimeter is annoying though, yes. But it's just about the only annoying one in the whole game.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Paderborn is great, fuck you.
That's the one where you have to assassinate the nazi leaders? It sucks too although a little less, it's just in the wrong game. They had to put that alarm shit because they knew stealth is completely worthless

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Played for about four-five hours. Decided I'm too old/busy for repeatedly shooting nazis in various settings. Was digging the story, though, so I watched the cinematics back-to-back on YT. It was pretty neat all in all.

Guyz during release date I tried tu run it on my Core 2 Duo 2,66 / 3 Ghz Ram / Geforce 9500 GT but geam run like ass (unplayable slideshow below 10 fps), I've ready that meanwhile some good dude release a fps lag fix. Since I've not installed 64-bit of Win to check it... has anybody tried to run TNO on such weak hardware with this patch?

Last edited:
I don't gonna upgrade for there's no games worth it so far (maybe after Cyberpunk 2077 release...)... I expect TNO to be at least as good as Wolf'09.

newtmonkey

Arcane
:necro:

I bought this on sale long ago, and finally got around to putting some time into it tonight.

Pretty dumb. No AA settings (though you can enable MSAA through console, but it resets every checkpoint; you can also force FXAA through Nvidia, which is, in the immortal words of Keiji Inafune, better than nothing), textures are generally pretty poor. I can't believe this thing was from 2014, looks way older than that (a YEAR AFTER CRYSIS).

How is this any different from Call of Duty? You go from tiny map to tiny map, setpiece to setpiece, turret section to turret section and enemies are akin to pinatas full of health and ammo and armor.

The tryhard story is simply lame. Why is Blazkowicz constantly whining to himself? Why are the cinemas so long but nothing even happens in them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom