Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warships

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Figure I'll investigate this for myself. Apparently there are 27k online right now (EU).
Yes, because apparently the game is released, but give it some time. If the official forum is anything to go by a most of the beta and alpha testers have already self-ejected... and they were the devoted types.

The game is currently in total stagnation, no real progress have been made for months now (besides fucking up the IJN CVs, again - I think this is the third time they did this)

Norfleet

Well, lack of progress means lack of decline. No news is good news, after all. Things can only get worse.

Norfleet

Well, I mean, they can only get worse if news occurs. The notion of improvement is a physical impossibility, the decline is inevitable and inexorable.

Endemic

Arcane
Yes, because apparently the game is released, but give it some time. If the official forum is anything to go by a most of the beta and alpha testers have already self-ejected... and they were the devoted types.

Gave it a go, haven't seen anything too broken yet (probably because I'm still at T2). Decent time-waster so far. Loading times are somewhat long, but when you see the game is 21GB with 160k files it's not all that surprising.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Actually, besides the Polish DD there also should be some other stuff added like:
- a complete Russian DD line
- a complete German Cruiser line
- a premium Russian BB
- a premium Japanese Tone Class CA
- maybe some ships from the CBT will be back (Warspite, Kitakami)

I'm not sure why we are getting a Polish tree instead of incorporating the Błyskawica into the British tree, because you can be sure there isn't enough paper ships to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I play these games only casually so i can't really give any insightful criticism, but this game just dont have the addictiveness of World of Tanks. Whats strange is that i like the gameplay itself much more than WoT, but after a couple of weeks i felt like i had enough. WoT on the other hand was like a drug, i understood that i played a shit game, but for some reason just could not stop...

Endemic

Arcane
I'm not sure why we are getting a Polish tree instead of incorporating the Błyskawica into the British tree, because you can be sure there isn't enough paper ships to fill in the blanks.

It was built in the UK anyway.

On another note, why is the Kawachi's range so terrible? Can't see a balance reason for it. :?

Endemic

Arcane

Not expecting RL ranges (22km) but with the measly 8.9km it currently has, I can get forever kited by same-tier cruisers spamming HE. The matchmaking is somewhat better after the recent patch, at least.

Thane Solus

Arcane
played until tier VII with Emperors finest, and quit after. The battles are ok, in a arcadish way, the only good feature is the Ranked matches, where you can coordinate with people, if you are lucky, the rest is banal and useless like all WG games, no persistent goals, no dynamic wars, just a cash grab multiplayer arena arcade, much like WOT and WOWP, but with a disastrous EU launch, and epic balance issues eg selling Tirpitz as premium. Fuck WG and their shitty games.

Yay....

Beastro

Arcane
It became basically a World of Battleships, where team-play is discouraged and retards are under protection.

Which is what it should have been but they decided to stuff in WWII and not focus on the late Victorian and Edwardian periods where they could have had a pure gunnery game, but no, games have to have WWII warships because that's as far back as people's knowledge of history goes.

Had they even kept out carriers and kept the inter-war and WWII eras they still crammed the whole period into one tree instead of starting early and gradually adding new periods of time in with a long tech tree that had solid progression.

Endemic

Arcane
I like the buff to US destroyers in the latest patch, tier 6,7,8,9 ones are actually competitive now. CV nerfs are bullshit though.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Don't forget about the bug that makes most AP shells from BBs over-penetrate cruiser armor for small damage.

It's still a beta.

Endemic

Arcane
Don't forget about the bug that makes most AP shells from BBs over-penetrate cruiser armor for small damage.

It's still a beta.

Maybe I got lucky, but I have no problem scoring good hits with a BB (now that I got past the horrible T3 ones).

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
What on earth did they do to make that happen?
Tier 9 and 10 USN CV were overperforming with 2 TB squadrons, so they fucked a bit with the manual aiming, in the process screwing harder the lower level USN CV that have only 1TB squadron.

Or something to that effect because EU is a mushroom farm and we don't get any info, people always try to puzzle what has changed.

Destroid

Arcane
Tier 9 and 10 USN CV were overperforming with 2 TB squadrons, so they fucked a bit with the manual aiming, in the process screwing harder the lower level USN CV that have only 1TB squadron.

Or something to that effect because EU is a mushroom farm and we don't get any info, people always try to puzzle what has changed.

Oh, I was more interested in Destroyer buffs than CV nerfs, since the basic mechanics of the game seem to conspire to make destroyers bad.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Oh, I was more interested in Destroyer buffs than CV nerfs, since the basic mechanics of the game seem to conspire to make destroyers bad.
USN DDs got longer torpedo range but thei speed of the torps was lowered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom