Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Fuck levelling, it's not like it matters nowadays because pre-endgame is scaled anyway.

Yeah, I'm just happy it's fast. It's entirely pointless and the level grind is even less rewarding than in Legions which was already lowest I thought it could get. There's still plenty of groinding to do, like the awful Pathfinder achievements again (ugh) and not to mention you now have to grind to unlock new races. And some people on the WoW forums even defend this lol. I can't wait for new Class unlocks be gated behind timed rep grinds.

I'm still butthurt about them presenting cut content as NEW content. The whole pruning thing is so dumb, holy shit. They even removed most of artifact related skills/passives instead of integrating them into classes. I think I had more skills on them action bars back in Vanilla at lvl 30, compared to Legion (and even less in BFA i'd imagine, since they only removed stuff). Granted shit like scorpion sting wasn't extremely useful (if at all), but they had 10 years to figure out the design of underused skills, instead of just removing them completely, fucking hacks.

:negative:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had hard time placing my skills and stuff at vanilla as a gnomish engineer druid. Things really got out of hand raiding where you start to use lower lvled spells too for mana management...

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Guys is it worthy to pay for a 1 month sub while not having the last expansion? I've heard that all the others expansions are free for current subs (Including Legion). I barely played Wow, but I want to give it a shot. Maybe I should wait for Wow classic?

Revenant

If you haven't played the game much, 1 month of subscription will get you a shitton of quests to complete which is exactly what you want if you are interested in Warcraft lore. Heck, for all quests up to Legion 1 month wouldn't even be enough. So, depends what you want from the game. Dungeons will obviously be shit since the game is now balanced for levels 110-120, but as a solo player you will have plenty to do (which, again, solely depends on how much you are interested in Warcraft lore, because the gameplay of WoW is shit).

EDIT: a good idea to gauge if you want to spend money for that is to create a starter account. This will grant you access to levels 1-20 which amounts to IIRC over a thousand quests for all the available races. I would suggest doing that first, and if you like what you see then go ahead and buy 1 month of subscription.

EDIT2: WoW Classic will be an entirely different beast from the current game because Cataclysm reworked much of the old world zones so the quests there are actually different. So, you will be able to experience new stories in retail WoW as opposed to vanilla.

Sykar

Arcane
Well, Sylvanas was like "I hate Arthas, but his style is pretty cool" since WotLK, when she "stole" some of his troops. And since the beggining of Cataclysm she was outright genocidal, so I don't really know what's the fuss about when she is just being herself.
What was actually retarded is that the other horde leaders just went on with her antics and Thrall said nothing about it (same goes for Garosh), and the fact that she became the Warchief because Vol'Jin heard some voices in his final hours.

She did not do it because it was cool, she did it to replenish her depleted folk since you know undead do not procreate. Without the Valkyrs the Forsaken faction would probably be at irrelevant numbers at this point. It was a pragmatic decision like most of her decisions were prior to this batshit retarded character assassination. Not that she would not wage war on the Alliance but the how and why is just completely moronic.

Darkman

Educated
I leveled a Brewmaster monk from 110-120 in about 15 hours. Having a lot of fun progressing my characters ilvl and artifact by running the new dungeons. Tanks are ultra scarce at max level and people are literally begging any remotely geared and competent tank to run shit. You got DPS sitting in hour long Que compared to my 3 second Que. I've done this enough times to know that the first couple weeks of an expansions launch of pre raid gearing, are by far the best and things turn to shit after raids come out.

Imo worth the $60 and sub fee for a couple weeks of fun before the raids suck the fun out of everything

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I really like the professions changes (tiers). For example now I can have new blacksmithing main without having to train him up to the current expansion level (and I can switch next expansion without worries). Even fishing/cooking got the same treatment (they kinda got stuck on my Druid that I haven't done much with since Cataclysm or something, couldn't be bothered to train them up on a new main just for some achievements/content). But of course they half-assed it a bit so archeology isn't included :MStill waiting for secondary professions to be account wide in 2018.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
With the Alliance zones, Blizzard seems to have listened to criticism that quests were far too hub centric. There still are quest hubs, but you can find quests off the beaten path that may or may not become relevant later. I also enjoy the special items or temporary companions you can obtain along the way. For example, in Drustvar, if you save a soldier/town guard from a witch, he will will tag along (until he dies that is :(). Another example is the Witchrender, which is a blunderbuss ability you can use in certain areas, which functions has a high damage cone AoE spell.

US-Sargeras, however, consistently crashes during the day. It crashes at least once or twice between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM EST. If it does not crash, then I get booted off the server due to a small WoW update around 10:00 PM each night.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Same boring shit as the last two expansions. I hope this is the last one and Blizz can finally move on to something new.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Anyone in EU (Horde) ? I'll tank/heal your levelling dungeons or something :M Hoaxmetal#2929 in bnet.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I feel like I'm getting behind, I read all the quest texts and explore, I'm still only lvl 112 :?
Tell me about it. I am only 116, but people in my guild already have the heroic BFA dungeon master achievement. I also saw people selling mythic dungeons carries, which seems insane to me.

Same boring shit as the last two expansions. I hope this is the last one and Blizz can finally move on to something new.

Legions was p gud. This is like Legions but lazier.

I am finding that I enjoy BFA zones more, but it has not hit the level of Suramar. I thought Suramar was amazing.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I feel like I'm getting behind, I read all the quest texts and explore, I'm still only lvl 112 :?
Tell me about it. I am only 116, but people in my guild already have the heroic BFA dungeon master achievement. I also saw people selling mythic dungeons carries, which seems insane to me.

It is insane since mythic shouldn't be unlocked yet as far as I know. Raids and mythic dungeons unlock in two weeks (after BfA release). Anyhoo it took me like 10 hours to get from 110 to 120. The leveling was super fast. A good thing too given how unrewarding it is in BfA.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

It is insane since mythic shouldn't be unlocked yet as far as I know. Raids and mythic dungeons unlock in two weeks (after BfA release). Anyhoo it took me like 10 hours to get from 110 to 120. The leveling was super fast. A good thing too given how unrewarding it is in BfA.
That is what I thought lol. Still, some people are leagues ahead already. It is just surprising. Granted leveling is fast, I would say I have about 5 hours in and I am almost at 116.

Why do you think it is unrewarding?

Hobo Elf

Arcane

That is what I thought lol. Still, some people are leagues ahead already. It is just surprising. Granted leveling is fast, I would say I have about 5 hours in and I am almost at 116.

Unrewarding because there are no interesting persistent perks to work for. All the Azerite armor skills I've seen are some of the most uninspired crap out there and the picks flip flop between utter shit or the obvious good choice (good, but not fun). You're leveling up and not getting new skills or talents, in fact your overall power keeps dropping as the gear you wear matters more for your scaling than your character level and the scaling of your secondary stats drop. It's going to take a while before we get good enough gear where fighting normal mobs isn't a drag again.
Seriously tho there's no reason for the game to have leveling anymore. Leveling up literally does nothing past level 100; it serves no purpose.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

Unrewarding because there are no interesting persistent perks to work for. All the Azerite armor skills I've seen are some of the most uninspired crap out there and the picks flip flop between utter shit or the obvious good choice (good, but not fun). You're leveling up and not getting new skills or talents, in fact your overall power keeps dropping as the gear you wear matters more for your scaling than your character level and the scaling of your secondary stats drop. It's going to take a while before we get good enough gear where fighting normal mobs isn't a drag again.
Seriously tho there's no reason for the game to have leveling anymore. Leveling up literally does nothing past level 100; it serves no purpose.
I will have to reach 120 before I can truly comment. My Disc Priest at 116 just seems to get stronger and stronger with the azerite perks. Right now, I have passive shield every 30 seconds, consistent self-heal every 6 seconds, and buffs to penance/shadow mend. Leveling is a poor metric for power obviously, but the damn spec feels immortal with some of these traits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom