Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World's Largest Video Game Collection on Sale for $100K+

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000958029

The World's Largest Video Game Collection recognized by Guinness - 11,000+ Games

The collection consists of all 10,607 games that were verified by The Guinness Book of World Records during the official count performed on December 3rd, 2012, as well as four hundred plus more games that I have acquired since. In total, OVER 11,000 GAMES!! Guinness did not count duplicates, so every game is unique with no repeats.

I’m also including the actual Guinness Certificate.

The winner also receives a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION to RETRO MAGAZINE, including all back issues and an autographed copy of the premiere issue that features this very collection.

Win this auction and you will have the largest recorded collection of games in the world – or Universe, even! I’m handing over the baton and the winner will instantly become the new crown holder, without three plus decades of meticulous hunting.

Assuming this is USD and each game cost on average, $40 USD to purchase - this represents a net loss of some $300,000.

So, any bidders?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A PC elitist could buy the collection then hold a video game purification ritual.

Cleanse the world of decline by sacrificing the console games to the flames.

Delterius

Arcane
A PC elitist could buy the collection then hold a video game purification ritual.

Cleanse the world of decline by sacrificing the console games to the flames.

No cleasing fire required -- simple humiliation is much better. Five more years and the average gamer's collection will be around the 200,000 games, all thanks to Gaben.

Tytus

Arcane
The guy who owns all those games looks like a bastard child of irate gamer and that man-whore avgn keeps around.

Luzur

Good Sir
well though i hail him as a fine Video Game collector, i hope that he doesnt get the prize as the greatest collector of them all, but just for the console game part.

buzz

Arcane
Syd Bolton is better, also a computer fanatic (he made this site)
I'm a huge video game fan and collector. The CBC has declared that I have the largest game collection in Canada with over 9,627 console games and over 5,050 PC games (so 14,825 games as of March 22, 2013) and just about every single game console and hand-held released in North America resides in my collection. I am also a recognized video game historian. You can check out my game list here which I maintain with the excellent Game Collectorz
RUBFRkZDTEBJRUNGQ0BHSERJRw
software (note: not all items in the collection are cataloged).
http://www.sydbolton.com/videogames.asp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom