Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Worthplaying says Oblivion

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

<a href=http://www.worthplaying.com>Worthplaying</a> have their <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=33124>review</a> of Bethesda's latest offering.<blockquote>It's not often that I gush over a game, but I find it hard to find a critical word for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion when it works like it should. It's not safe from a small list of issues, like mis-rendered water, the very rare corrupted save, and the rarer still misfire in the scripting system (from which the main plot seems to be able to recover). I've had a few crashes and some glitches, but much of this seems related to graphics drivers (get the best drivers you can find, trust me, especially if you have a 6000 or 7000 series GeForce card) and task switching (a cardinal sin in any game of this magnitude, and one I commit regularly, even with the consequence). All of that added together does not diminish this game. Oblivion is one of the best packages of the past several years, with no element even average; everything is as close to perfect as can be expected, and even a few odd bits here and there can be dealt with well enough. Anyone with even a passing interest in this title should get this game as soon as humanly possible. You will not regret it. Bethesda, you may only release a few titles and release them with huge gaps between, but you are a superstar nonetheless. I salute you.</blockquote>Todd Howard's Medal of Honor is in the mail, I'm sure.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
For a second there I thought you were pasting from the ninja cartographer thread.

Micmu

Magister
Anyone with even a passing interest in this title should get this game as soon as humanly possible. You will not regret it.
Hey, I'm special. I had a small interest yet I regreted it greatly, especially after some time. This game's best feature is how it manages to hide it's most horrible shortcomings for early 10-20 hours of gameplay (well, 30 minutes after chargen dungeon if you look for a semi-decent CRPG).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Worthplaying says Oblivion... what?

Looks like Spazmo encountered the quote bug. If you edit a post with quotes in the title, you have to put the quotes back in as they mess with the input field. I could duck in their and put in a bit of code to fix that.

Spazmo

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
Worthplaying says Oblivion... what?

Looks like Spazmo encountered the quote bug. If you edit a post with quotes in the title, you have to put the quotes back in as they mess with the input field. I could duck in their and put in a bit of code to fix that.

That'd be kind of nice, because us professional journalism types know putting quotes in headlines means... good.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
PATRICK STEWARTS BASTARD HEIR MARTIN TURNS INTO A DRAGON AT THE END AND KILLS DAGON BOOYAKA

/END SPOILERS

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
"Worth playing!", says Oblivion. Nothing wrong with that headline.

Section8

Cipher
Oblivion is one of the best packages of the past several years, with no element even average; everything is as close to perfect as can be expected, and even a few odd bits here and there can be dealt with well enough.

Huh? All elements are average at best, and the only saving grace is that there are so fucking many.

Spazmo

Erudite
Rhombus said:
But you can fix the errors with the difficulty-slider and mods.. so it's all good, no?

I have just published a revolutionary new game. I call it "BLOOD PURGE GENESIS: THE UNIFICATION ANNIHILATOR". There's no actual content, but it comes with the most flexible and powerful suite of content editing tools ever made. Download it here. Make sure to download this first.

For support on the toolset, consult this.

Some people may criticize me for having so little interesting content in "BLOOD PURGE GENESIS: THE UNIFICATION ANNIHILATOR", but I say that as long as the community can use the tools I provide to make the game for me, I'm a visionary developer and should be on the cover of PC Gamer/Game Informer/your video game rag of choice.

Baenre

Novice
Naked_Lunch said:
It makes me wonder if the reviwers ever played the game for more than an hour.

Hah! I bet you are one of those who flamed Oblivion before it was even relased! How can it be ok to flame games without playing it, and same time it's not ok to say it's good if you play it only like 1h?

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Hah! I bet you are one of those who flamed Oblivion before it was even relased! How can it be ok to flame games without playing it, and same time it's not ok to say it's good if you play it only like 1h?
1. I may have made fun of Oblivion like once or twice, mainly about the soil erosion stuff.
2. I guess you're right. We shouldn't make fun of games without trying them first. For all we know, FOBOS could be the greatest game of all time! We're just not giving it a chance!
3. When you play it for one hour or so, you're not playing the whole game and you're doing the read a disservice. They may go "wow he says it's really good!" and go out and pay 50 bucks for it and find that it was only good for that 1 hour the reviewer described.
4. I hate you. Die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom