Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Can you play in both servers using the same client download?

I'd like to know this too. Rebirth seems like the better server, but population really makes or breaks MMOs for me. I can't stand playing on low-pop servers.

Don Peste

Arcane
Well... I downloaded the Feenix client... I will download the other one, just in case.
I'm Tretiak, Undead Priest @ED

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I'd like to know this too. Rebirth seems like the better server, but population really makes or breaks MMOs for me. I can't stand playing on low-pop servers.

As far as I know, Rebirth uses the 1.12.1 that you could patch from Blizzard and in that manner is the "native" one and it should also run Feenix fine. Feenix client however has been altered a little in a manner that it'd not be usable for other servers.

Ninjerk

Arcane

As far as I know, Rebirth uses the 1.12.1 that you could patch from Blizzard and in that manner is the "native" one and it should also run Feenix fine. Feenix client however has been altered a little in a manner that it'd not be usable for other servers.
Basically, if you get the client from Rebirth and run the patches you just have to change your realm list to play on ED (but of course you have to make a game account on their website).

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well you don't have to run the patches since it's fully patched client. My point was more like that it's naturally patched and unaltered from what Blizzard offered back in the days. :p

Angthoron

Arcane
Recommend basic addons! The list is huge.
For Vanilla? Things like Threat/DPS meters, HP number revealer, some RP description addon for extra lulz, if they are supported. Vanilla doesn't really need much.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
KTM Threatmeter for threat, SWStats/Damage Meters for damage, MobInfo3 to reveal mob hp, FlagRSP for RP shit. Far too many UI altering mods to really suggest anything and preferences change.

Angthoron

Arcane
KTM Threatmeter for threat, SWStats/Damage Meters for damage, MobInfo3 to reveal mob hp, FlagRSP for RP shit. Far too many UI altering mods to really suggest anything and preferences change.

That's pretty much my Vanilla mods list right there.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't remember seeing them when I started playing Emerald Dream early last year, but Vanilla was pretty much the golden age of unitframes and actionbar modifications (mainly because of Discord).

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Just for heads-up if anyone plans to play on EU day to early US day times tomorrow:

Hey Rebirth!

As you may have seen our population is increasing very nicely. We reached 242 players online on sunday and around 200 the last days. This is awesome! Welcome to all new players!
However, as a negative side effect we experienced a few lagspikes and overall small increased latency over the weekend. We consider this as urgent to fix and will move our servers to bigger machines to increase the available processor, memory and bandwidth.
We'll move some time tomorrow, not sooner than 12pm (12:00) server time. The server will remain down during the transfer. The downtime is unsure. We expect something between 6 and 12 hours if everything goes as intended. You'll get an ingame notice prior and we'll keep you updated and inform you here, in the forums, on reddit and on twitter when the servers are back online.

Don Peste

Arcane
Hi there!

ZxglDeeqfMZG

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
The transfer was completed some hours ago, new realmlist stuff to set in case you were running with one of the two options that said cloud-something:

set realmlist wow.therebirth.net

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So, let's say I bought WoW many moons ago and haven;t played it in forever. Presumably I can log into the WoW site, download the client and connect to this shard, yes?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So any of you phag-mo's still actually playing and are you on Emerald Cream or Afterbirth?

Ninjerk

Arcane
So any of you phag-mo's still actually playing and are you on Emerald Cream or Afterbirth?
59 1/2 UD Mage on Emerald Dream. Pretty sure I'm going to main there since I'm in raiding guild and they have social raids. Several ZGs a week + main raid group does MC, Ony, ZG, BWL + social raid group does those as well. Should be geared in no time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom