Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Was discussing with some Codexer last night on Rebirth and know of at least one another still playing there. Oh and me of course.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's been so long since I played I would have to be considered a newb. I don't iagine these private shards are newb friendly.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Pretty much as friendly as the original game was. So if you turn with your keyboard, you're going to have a bad time.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's been so long since I played I would have to be considered a newb. I don't iagine these private shards are newb friendly.

It's not complicated or anything, it just requires you to actually have some basic cognitive abilities unlike current WoW. Keep in mind that WoW was never really a complex game with obtuse mechanics or anything that made it difficult to get into. You'll just need to dial back the clock if you played post, I don't know, WotLK or so.

Don Peste

Arcane
I think it's easy to find some decent people. I randomly joined a levelling guild and they're quite OK. I forgot a lot of things, I consider myself a newbie too. I don't remember how to tank, how to heal, how to go to Cowland... I forgot that I could ask guards for directions, that you have to learn weapon specializations, that you don't have a radar, mount is at lvl 40 and 60, what addons I used to have... Lots of good old things.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I imagine the biggest problem for new players is that (I'm assuming) the servers are all PvP. N-e-ways, thought there were more people playing. Don't really feel like playing with randoms.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Seems like there's maybe 5 or 6 dexers on Rebirth. I'm just reluctant to spend that much of my time on what's likely to be a terribly small economy at endgame with limited raiding guilds.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well Rebirth has been booming in population, making new post 2011 records almoust daily in regards of population. I'd say if you were ever to come over now would be the right moment. :p

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
There was something like 350 people on Valkyrie today. Guess people are starting to figure out that it's a lot more stable than others.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think Archangel was 1x (another Feenix server). They have a vote system where you get a point or something if you follow the links to vote for their private servers and you can use the points to buy particularly hard to acquire items from level 70 instances (Dungeon set pieces and blue trinkets). 3 votes/day and the items cost something like 75 points.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I'd just wait for Corecraft if you want TBC. That project seems extremely promising and if you're worried about population it has some Youtube/Twitch celeb Kripparian intending to play there which means following of thousands of people.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So 3 questions:
1) Which of these servers are in the EU? If none, do you know of any good EU servers?
2) Is world PvP enabled?
3) It's been years since I into vanilla... Did sap have diminishing returns back then, or could you perma-stunlock by spamming it?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Rebirth is cloud based system with connection nodes all around the world, including Europe. I play from Finland and get good 80-135ms on general, same numbers reported from by my US friend, IIRC Australian ping is around 150-200. The population is fairly even and the prime time starts roughly at 18:00 EU time and ends at 3-4 in the night, which is early night for US time I'd reckon.

World PvP is enabled as it is a PvP server. Some diminishing effects do apply but if you are a rogue for example, you should be able to stunlock someone into death if you don't derp.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
WotLK was a steep decline in quality raid-wise from BC. The quests were pretty much the same, the open world battleground suffered from population imbalance. The graphics were arguably better. Depends on how you feel about the TECHNICOLOUR EXPLOSION that was Outland. The only thing I liked in WotLK was the Death Knight, whose resource system was slightly novel at the time.

Besides, the official servers are 2 expansions (soon 3) removed from WotLK. The WotLK areas are a wasteland and the skill trees have been streamlined into utter retardation since they prepared to switch to cataclysm.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Oh well. I guess both Rebirth and ED can run off the same client if I switch server tracker. Time for a trip down nostalgia lane. Rolling Horde since Alliance is for fags.

subotaiy

Cipher
Because of boredom and because I'm a cheap bastard I'm willing to try one of these; is by any chance one of them located in Europe? Also, not russians would be better.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
ED is supposedly in Europe while Rebirth is Kwan. Rebirth is supposedly cloud-based with EU nodes and decent ping. I've no idea if they're talking out their ass when they claim this.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think ED is in the Netherlands. IDK what the cloud setup is, but both servers seemed to have similar lag issues. It's all very playable. Main difference is population as far as I can tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom