Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

Ninjerk

Arcane
+Internets for choosing troll. IDK who Undead Phoenix is but feel free to PST me if you see me on and need help with something.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ED is supposedly in Europe while Rebirth is Kwan. Rebirth is supposedly cloud-based with EU nodes and decent ping. I've no idea if they're talking out their ass when they claim this.

Well I can't know what you consider decent ping but what I get is very much playable. :p

i8lakZ2.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm getting 50-60 ms on ED. It wasn't meant as a jab at Rebirth, just stating I've no idea if the ping on Rebirth is tolerable from the EU. I've got to admit the whole transatlantic cloud server sounds a wee bit iffy to me.

Also dat UI. :M
Action bar/unit frame/nameplates/chat window was always the first thing I redid

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dinged 11. Went to barrens. Was instantly transported back to 2005. Not sure if :x or :love:

Also, since ED seems to be down atm, I rolled an alliance scum (boo!) alt on Rebirth. A dr00d named Droody.

[edit]

Also, 1.12.1 addons have hellish configuration UIs. My UI is finally beginning to look acceptable.
Next up I need some better debuff trackers, nameplates and scrolling combat text

0JJBJvq.jpg

Last edited:

Schoening

Literate
It is a great server :)
I am taking a break from it.
But if I am online say hi to me ^_^.

Haxx, 60 Dwarf Hunter

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Out of curiosity, i tried both of those. Rebirth was a desert, while the queue for Emerald Dream seems to be endless. Rebirth is 1x leveling rate, right? Might fiddle around just to feed my nostalgia, since Emerald Dream appears to inaccessible right now (might try another time).

Ninjerk

Arcane
Out of curiosity, i tried both of those. Rebirth was a desert, while the queue for Emerald Dream seems to be endless. Rebirth is 1x leveling rate, right? Might fiddle around just to feed my nostalgia, since Emerald Dream appears to inaccessible right now (might try another time).
I haven't logged on to ED in months probably, but if you're playing EU primetime you're bound to have a queue. The NA population was much lower last time I was there.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm back on rebirth leveling a rogue (alliance, Loop). The population has actually been steadily climbing; where it was 200-250 max the last time, it's getting to be 350+ consistently and broke 400 the other day.

Rebirth is x1 and it's extremely well scripted for a private server. I've only encountered a handful of pathing bugs and maybe 2 or 3 bugged quests. They also don't accept donations, have any kind of donor rewards, and no voting bullshit. It can be difficult to find an instance group by yourself, but it's not impossible. I've found groups for every instance I've needed to so far, and I see groups forming for 60 instances all the time so that shouldn't be a concern. Also, there are at least two raiding guilds on both alliance and horde.

So yeah, I recommend it if you're nostalgic for the vanilla experience.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
For more accurate view on population, this is from my own observations and my insider sources from staff. Those are the general peak numbers, normally there is at least couple hundreds of players on regardless of the time and world overall seems fairly buzzling, especially since 3 full guilds moved from Emerald Dream after growing tired of the apparently power-tripping admins&GMs and piss-poor performance/crashes

UCDgHXF.jpg

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I don't know what their names were on ED, but on Rebirth they are named Exiled (went to Horde), Young Black Ravagers (Alliance) and third I don't remember the name of and since new guilds keep popping up seemingly all the time now I don't hazard to guess random from /who :p

Ninjerk

Arcane
Lots of server issue threads over on ED general forums. Beginning of the end, maybe. I hope for your sake the first rats to jump ship aren't the old Apathetic boys.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Apparently they capped their servers at max 500 population because of severe stability issues which caused major queues and butthurt

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Thinking about this again but leveling a healer would suck balls on a vanilla PvP server. As would the actual healing part~

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, rolled a warrior, got raped on the starting zone. Ho, good old vanilla.

Ho, silly grievance but, is there a mod to tone the frequency of weather effects down? I guess the Rebirth client got stuck on the patch where they introduced that shit, and it never fucking goes away. Nostalgia trip of leveling on sunny Elwynn Forest ruined by non-stop raining.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Warriors were awful to level. Sub 25ish you couldn't really handle more than one mob at a time.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Heh, rolled a warrior, got raped on the starting zone. Ho, good old vanilla.

Ho, silly grievance but, is there a mod to tone the frequency of weather effects down? I guess the Rebirth client got stuck on the patch where they introduced that shit, and it never fucking goes away. Nostalgia trip of leveling on sunny Elwynn Forest ruined by non-stop raining.
Probably not since that's controlled server-side. Your best bet would probably be to turn the weather effect setting all the way down.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Warriors were awful to level. Sub 25ish you couldn't really handle more than one mob at a time.

Warriors are awful regardless of level until you hit 60 and get some gear. I had forgotten how painful experience leveling one was before I started mine and blasted through the content >.<

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, if you want to level a warrior I'd advise leveling a mage, priest, or hunter first and stocking yourself with sharpening stones and +damage enchants for leveling.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
As far as i can see the only problem warriors have is a lack of an "ho shit" ability. Every time shit hits the fan you are going to die, period. Aside for that, i really like the way the class is designed. It feels more "gamey" than the others. With some classes it feels painfully obvious that you are playing a MMO (erm paladin), but not so much with the warrior. I remember reading Pardo himself designed this class, i guess you can feel his imprint into it.

Ninjerk

Arcane
As far as i can see the only problem warriors have is a lack of an "ho shit" ability. Every time shit hits the fan you are going to die, period. Aside for that, i really like the way the class is designed. It feels more "gamey" than the others. With some classes it feels painfully obvious that you are playing a MMO (erm paladin), but not so much with the warrior. I remember reading Pardo himself designed this class, i guess you can feel his imprint into it.
They're just so heavily tied to scaling that you can't run around giving them many abilities (all other classes staying what they are).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Been trying to download the vanilla client from that Mega site but it always stalls out around 52%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom