Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WTF has happened to this forum

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

He was not here.. just like you :M

Don't start a fight you can't win, youngster.
70faTq5.gif
That fucking gif never goes to 2012, let alone 2015. I waited patiently. :argh:

ArchAngel

Arcane

He was not here.. just like you :M

Don't start a fight you can't win, youngster.
70faTq5.gif
I guess you deserve one as well. So here you go:
70faTq5.gif

Don't worry, there is plenty for you as well (lets turn this topic into a mobile connection killer):
70faTq5.gif

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not much has changed honestly.

Codex has always liked terrible games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion. It's just that the game industry now is so fucking derp that it makes previous derp look amazing.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I don't know about others, but I have bought (or kickstarted) three and a half RPGs this decade, out of which I have played only two. I intend to play one more in the future, but it may take a while. I don't have much to say about RPGs at this point in time.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No. Go back to 2011 and look at the hundreds of pages on the Skyrim general thread (and dozens of other, lesser, Skyrim threads) before release and a couple hundred pages and threads since.

HURR DURR, 100 PAGES OF PEOPLE MAKING FUN OF A SHIT GAME.

CODEX FULL OF SHIT GAME FANBOYS, I HAS PROOFZ

Please fuck off already, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DOS2 was good. TToN was disappointingly short. There, I've discussed every RPG I've played for the past 2 years

Absinthe

Arcane
I was not joking, actually. Exaggerated a bit, yes, but was not joking.

Are you guys trying to tell me that there has been no noticeable decline in declared tastes in the past couple of months? In a weird way this is reassuring. I am going insane, but could be worse. Are you sure, though?
Some forum reshuffling led to more megathreads which are prone to circlejerking and worthless natter. Also I reckon we have the occasional 8chan user registering here and shitposting in the imageboard style instead of posting insightful content. Aside from that NeoGAF imploded a while ago and all their forumites have been splitting up to forums across the internet. I doubt we have a large influx of NeoGAF users but I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting a few more fans of so-called "modern RPGs" like Skyrim suddenly joining us.

Still, if you start new threads on shit you care about you can still get a good discussion going.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I couldn't pay much attention to the Codex for a while, and now that I can I find people talking about Skyrim and such shit in all threads. WTF has happened, have we lost this base? Are we gathering in some other forum now? Somebody please let me know about our new meeting place, I was accidentally left behind.

We're evolving

eh5.jpg

thesoup

Arcane
No. Go back to 2011 and look at the hundreds of pages on the Skyrim general thread (and dozens of other, lesser, Skyrim threads) before release and a couple hundred pages and threads since.

HURR DURR, 100 PAGES OF PEOPLE MAKING FUN OF A SHIT GAME.

CODEX FULL OF SHIT GAME FANBOYS, I HAS PROOFZ

Please fuck off already, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Someone's feelings are hurt.

I guess the praise Skyrim and fallout 4 got and get to this day are purely ironic, amirite? Even fallout3 had its fair share of apologists, including VD. The Bethesda subforum is there ironically, purely to make fun of the developer and its wacky representatives Todd and Pete.

As much as everyone bitches about bioware, they play their games anyway. You know what I do about Beth and bioware? Nothing. They have nothing of value to offer to me, so I don't even pirate their products, let alone purchase them. And "making fun of" something gets boring eventually, so I stopped even that. They don't exist to me or anyone else who sees no value in their products.

Codex is a den of casuals, whether you like it or not.

Also, kill yourself.

Revenant

The Codex has been founded by fans of Troika, who were the truest RPG developer of the time... Bethestards and biowhores were newfags

Lorenzen

Augur
Whatever's happening has been happening since the beginning because this kind of thread seems to pop up every two years or so.

Or maybe I'm just exaggerating.

Trashos

Arcane
Look, I used to get attacked just by mentioning BG2 (a Codex top 5 game no less), whereas now I see posters casually declaring their love of Skyrim (or such shit) in random threads. Maybe this is a dark underbelly that I had somehow missed? Hopefully, the Codex is not going to end up being another place where I have to explain to Bethestards how games are supposed to work. This is just an example, of course.

Sorry, people from 2015 don't get to comment on others' tastes

OK, but still the Codex is the only RPG home I have ever known. So I am worried.

Aside from that NeoGAF imploded a while ago and all their forumites have been splitting up to forums across the internet. I doubt we have a large influx of NeoGAF users but I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting a few more fans of so-called "modern RPGs" like Skyrim suddenly joining us.

I guess this could be it. Can't we put them all on a Greek island or sth?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom