Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

wtf is with the white font in the forums?

Deleted member 7219

Alright, this has gone on for long enough.

I call for a vote of no confidence in DarkUnderlord's leadership. I also vote that we give emergency powers to Vault Dweller indefinitely. Viva la revolucion.

Last edited by a moderator:

gromit

Arcane
It's become evident that the site now lacks the presentational quality befitting this prestigious magazine.

Please implement Drop Caps.

Code:
.messageContent .messageText::first-letter {
  font-size: 3em;
  float: left;
  line-height: .8em;
  padding-right: .1em;
  font-family: Serif;
}

Deleted member 7219

I can't read this forum anymore.
It's so bad I've actually checked out RPG Watch twice today.

I don't want to sink into hyperbole but it is almost as bad as the Mammas Gang incident. But this is self inflicted, so actually it is worse.

Nothing can make me go to the Watch for news, I sometimes go there if I want to see what new depths they've declined to. If this kind of thing continues, we will soon join them in hell.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
There are actually two problems. One is brightness of text, bright should be RPG watch, not RPG codex, the second is forced bold text. Only bold looks weird.

A little test. Perhaps that forced brightness is making the text more bold than it should be. Then again, it does look more bold than it should be because, bold text is unreadable. Normally comic sans is readable even bold.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Comic sans is actually amazingly readable, it should be usable as one of these text formatting options.

See? I can
use a normal text, but not comic sans. Also could people who were against comic sans explain me why they complained in comic sans?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You all know you could spare yourself the headache and switch to the Fixed Width theme until the storm passes, right? http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?misc/style
Every website admin that enforces Fixed With should have the skull of a long-dead pope shoved up their ass.
Maybe so, but the "Fixed Width Theme" holds a magical secret. Did you try it?

No, seriously, try it. Don't click the next spoiler until after you've tried it.

fairy-with-wand-clip-art_f.jpg

GOD DAMN IT. WHY WON'T YOU FUCKING BELIEVE ME. THERE IS A MAGICAL SECRET. TRY IT.

I thought you all were creating unnecessary drama until I realised I was using fixed width. Changing back to the default has left me with scars that will take time to heal. This is not the codex I remember.

That's what I've been using ever since it was introduced. I changed it to the other one to see what the complaints were about, but I did that on my cell which (apparently fixes the fonts by itself), so I still couldn't see the glory of RPG Comic. It's like my ineptitude is protecting me from decline.

Whew. I figured out how to turn off the Comic Sans.

Probably the same way I did. Stopped reading text, taking in only emotes and pictures.

Also known as "Pulling a Comissar"

Last edited:

omega21

Arcane
Bring back the page counts please, I dislike having to mouseover each thread to find out if it is a hot topic, because I'm a bandwagoning faggot

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom