Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime XBone controller vs triseecty controller

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I decided to embrace my inner Blackness and buy a console controller to enrich my PC library with worldstar content. The triseecty controller is significantly cheaper on Ebay so what are the improvements Microshit did on the Xbone controller to justify the extra $$?

Is there a place to buy this stuff for the cheapest possible amount?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
X360 controller is the industry standard, and it is pretty good overall, but its D-pad sucks balls. It is much improved in the XBONE version. Other than that they are pretty much the same. You have to decide for yourself if that difference is worth the price premium for you.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
GX0155B.jpg

It seems the Dpad allow diagonal movement? Was it unresponsive? How does the new one deal with that?

Also does the wireless 360 work with PCs?

GrainWetski

Arcane
Essentially, if you plan on emulating games, the 3shitty controller is pretty bad due to the d-pad. It's very "loose" and inaccurate.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems the Dpad allow diagonal movement? Was it unresponsive? How does the new one deal with that?
What GrainWetski said. The D-pad is very inaccurate and "soft", it is very easy to press the wrong direction.

Also does the wireless 360 work with PCs?
Yes, if you have a USB wireless adapter for PC - it is bundled with the pad when you buy "Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC" version (red packaging, slightly more expensive), but not with regular X360 wireless controllers (white-green packaging). You can also buy it separately. Up to four controllers work on one adapter - we have been using such a setup for local multiplayer games for some time now.

EDIT: Some games work with splitscreen, sometimes unofficially (Borderlands). We play shared screen games mostly (Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Sacred Citadel, Dungeon Siege 3, etc.)

EDIT 2: I already mentioned it does require an adapter. No bluetooth/direct wifi connection.

Last edited:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
we have been using such a setup for local multiplayer games for some time now.

You can play splitscreen on PCs?

Does the boner wireless controller requires a special adapter or does it work with the PCs wifi/bluetooth card or something?

Bahamut

Arcane
Bought PS4 pad recently, works both wired with usb and wirelessly with generic bluetooth, its touchpad is handy sometimes
xbox pad sucks donkey balls when you use d-pad frequently,

Soulcucker

Savant
EDIT 2: I already mentioned it does require an adapter. No bluetooth/direct wifi connection.

I'm asking about the new Boner one.

The newest Xbone controller has bluetooth, but it is not on the market yet. I think it will be released in August alongside the Xbone S. Though I would say the Bone's controller is a step back even with the improved D-pad, the sticks are not as tight, the shoulder buttons are crap, and who thought it was a good idea to replace Start/Select with a box and a hamburger button.

The Decline

Arcane
Been happy with the PS4 controller I bought. Just needed a generic bluetooth adapter and the custom drivers. Got it on a good sale too.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
As far as I heard PS4 has compatibility issues for Windows games. Is this a thing?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Never used 360 but the d-pad and r1/l1 on the xbone controller are p. gross. Wobbly an weird clicky sound.

As far as I heard PS4 has compatibility issues for Windows games. Is this a thing?
Probably not. There's a custom driver for it that makes shit think it's an xbox controller.

Soulcucker

Savant
The sticks are raised on the Xbone controller vs the 360 so it takes less force to move them, making small and accurate adjustments harder for me. Shoulder buttons on the Xbone are molded in a weird shape and are no longer meant to be finger pressed, you are supposed to roll your finger to press or some shit, I find them too easy to accidentally press or to let go of while holding.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Never used 360 but the d-pad and r1/l1 on the xbone controller are p. gross. Wobbly an weird clicky sound.

Probably not. There's a custom driver for it that makes shit think it's an xbox controller.
Inputmapper is the program i use to play PC games with the DS4. It works pretty well.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can say from experience that the 360 is probably the best controller I've ever played with, and I was playing with the PlayStation controller for years. If you play a game that is made for the 360 controller, it feels great. I bought one when it was on sale. It's a limited edition gold controller. No regerts here.

I do wonder how the Steam controller feels, though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
i like the finish of it, will look disgusting after a while but at least doesn't make your hands sweaty.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
XBONE controller is fantastic. I find it much more ergonomic than 360
Prone to failure, though, apparently. I don't think there's a natively wired Xbox One controller, either. Shame, I really like not having to worry about batteries or charging.

I like my combo of PS2 Controller + 360 Controller. PS2 for emulation/D-Pad focused games and 360 for indies, AAA and the occasional emulated game.

J1M

Arcane
Don't buy third party controllers. They suck. If you are poor, find a used one.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have the Xbox one controller for my pc, it is pretty good. The D pad does suck ass though.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Prone to failure, though, apparently. I don't think there's a natively wired Xbox One controller, either. Shame, I really like not having to worry about batteries or charging.

I like my combo of PS2 Controller + 360 Controller. PS2 for emulation/D-Pad focused games and 360 for indies, AAA and the occasional emulated game.
Prone to failure? Been using mine for over a year now with no issues. Also, what's your problem with detachable cord? It's very snug, so if you never unplug it you'll be fine.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Steam Controller has my interest because they say its almost as good as a mouse. Anyone use it? Good or shite?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom