Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime XBone controller vs triseecty controller

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Prone to failure? Been using mine for over a year now with no issues.
Ah, memory lapse, that was for the limited edition controller.

Also, what's your problem with detachable cord? It's very snug, so if you never unplug it you'll be fine.
Not like I'd ever know, but I'm just never comfortable with them.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
If I understand correctly, every new Xbone controller is wireless by default but u can use a wire to plug it directly since they don't even ship with a charger and adapter for the signal.

Most 360 are wired only, unless u pay extra and get a wireless model. That u can plug anyway.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Yeah there's a lot of cheap ones shipping from china. Just wondering if the wireless controllers for both Xbone and 360 have those plugs

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
If I understand correctly, every new Xbone controller is wireless by default but u can use a wire to plug it directly since they don't even ship with a charger and adapter for the signal.

Most 360 are wired only, unless u pay extra and get a wireless model. That u can plug anyway.
Most 360 controllers are wireless and they cannot be plugged in, you have to buy a special wireless adapter, same as with xbone.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
XBONE controller is fantastic. I find it much more ergonomic than 360
Prone to failure, though, apparently. I don't think there's a natively wired Xbox One controller, either. Shame, I really like not having to worry about batteries or charging.

I like my combo of PS2 Controller + 360 Controller. PS2 for emulation/D-Pad focused games and 360 for indies, AAA and the occasional emulated game.

I can dig that setup. PS3 controller is king for d-pad shit. I used to be a badass on Steet Fighter HD: Remix. That D-Pad is fucking legit as hell.

What I don't like in the PS2 controller is the R-2/L-2 buttons, the ones in the back, had a gigantic problem of getting stuck... getting stuck all the fucking time for me. The PS3 controller is superior because they didn't encase it in plastic and made them more free, almost similar to the XBOX controller. I think the PS3 controller is the best; although, I haven't played the PS4. I don't know how that controller is.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
PS4 controller seems better designed (more ergonomic trigger and analog shapes + longer grips) but I heard it breaks easily.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
PS4 controller seems better designed (more ergonomic trigger and analog shapes + longer grips) but I heard it breaks easily.
I saw a review that said the plant that made the plastics for the controller was found in the sewers of China. :lol:

sullynathan

Arcane
PS3 controllers break easily not PS4 controllers. On the other hand, the PS4 & Xbox 360 controllers have shitty battery life.

Yes mine has a battery compartment and it connects directly to PC via easily removable micro USB cable. Which makes cable very easy to replace in case of damage.
As far as looser sticks and bumper buttons go I presume it's a matter of taste really. Some people will prefer x360 pad more because of it. Myself I found it no trouble at all to get used to and I actually prefer it over x360 pad now (I have both of them). Xbone pad also has more detailed vibrations, for whatever that's worth.
Still, both are very good and I would pick them over playstation pads any time.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Gone through 2 PS3 controllers in the last two years. The feel cheap.
I've only gone through 1. It was the one that came with the console. That light sixaxis thing. Yeah, it did suck. They were built feeble as fuck. I sent it back for my warranty and they sent me back a DS3 controller for free. I've had it for a very long time now, and it's still running well. I'd say the DS3 is easily the best controller I've played with from the PlayStation.

I went through about 3 PS2 controllers due to the R2/L2 getting stuck/fucked. This problem has been happening to me since the PS1 days. This is why I think the free triggers were a better idea. I've had zero problems with them even though people say they're too sensitive. Never had that problem, and I was a fucking pro at Resistance.

PS3 controllers break easily not PS4 controllers. On the other hand, the PS4 & Xbox 360 controllers have shitty battery life.
Yeah, 360 controllers suck through batteries like fucking crazy. I wasn't expecting that. PS3 controllers had crazy battery life.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I borrowed a 360 from a friend to play Dork Souls in the meantime

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/20160613_230411-930x523.jpg

20160613_230411-930x523.jpg

This one is gonna come out in August and should feature bluetooth support among other things. I think I'm gonna wait until it comes out, hopefully it reaches us colonies at the same time as the US. I did try an old one at the store yesterday and they still have that same problem with the pressure needed to run or jump using the analog sticks. To click I have to curb my thumb and generate a lot of strength which with make all my other fingers tense and fuck up the position of the controller.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Steam Controller has my interest because they say its almost as good as a mouse. Anyone use it? Good or shite?

I have one.

Steam controller is...a good idea, with a sloppy execution IMO. It feels REALLY cheap and configuring it every single game is a pain in the ass. Most of the time I end up using my X360 controller. When you fine tune your Steam controller it DOES feel pretty good and all, but I can't help but feel like those buttons belong in a Paraguayan Pirate Playstation controller, :lol:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I did try an old one at the store yesterday and they still have that same problem with the pressure needed to run or jump using the analog sticks. To click I have to curb my thumb and generate a lot of strength which with make all my other fingers tense and fuck up the position of the controller.

Anyone having a problem with that?

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've been using my Xbox One controller on PC since I found out it works on PC if you just plug it in via usb.

It has been plugged in for the last 4/5 days and it stays on, but the batteries are not running out... Is it taking power over USB?

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I guess this could mean if you removed the batteries it would still work with a cable. What kind of charger do you even need for these things? I bet it doesn't ship with the controller.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I guess this could mean if you removed the batteries it would still work with a cable. What kind of charger do you even need for these things? I bet it doesn't ship with the controller.
There's a charger pack but I don't see the point, just buy a bunch of AA batteries.

Also last I checked the wireless adapter for peecee cost about as much as a new controller.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
yeah that's why im waiting for the new ones who will have bluetooth. I wonder tho, if the wireless adapter for the 360 is the same as the boner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom