Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

LucidTactics

Literate
I wont run through the full script but power of the sepulchre helps UW, also had friendly currents and rigor mortis up.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Crom whaf I remember of that UW battle, Ys didn't have too many mages either, and rigor mortis fatigued out the sacred cavalry before they could cut through the skellies (slowly, because no firebreath).

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Good news from ye old Grimwulf: no more blood hunting in Troll Land.

jdLTot5.jpg

Two Kohens dead, two sanguine rods destroyed.

30 blood slaves were liberated during this daring operation.

3dSLelI.jpg

Unfortunately, none of them survived.

And how are you going to conduct this unholy war? Are you going to buy a ship?

A ship wouldn't be so spectacular. Fun fact: those Golems can teleport right on top of your capital. I suggest you hide those blood hunters inside your crappy fortifications.

In other news, Abysia decided to act before 3 turns expired. Bad manners.

cJMzun6.jpg

But I won't take it personal. That weird gesture did literally no damage.

XpbMEYO.jpg

Although now I feel like a bull seeing red. Hope you are ready, coldcrow

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Gath can do horrors too, no? I'd worry about that golem :)

Horrors? Seriously?

Unless you got Blood 9 researched and smth like an empowered Kohen Gadol able to send actual Horrors. Wait, you did have an empowered Kohen Gadol! I believe there was some sort of an accident, though. :lol:

Don't take my rumbling personally, LucidTactics - that's just how I roll. One could say I am an unpleasant man. But then he'd lose his teeth.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I didn't even realize that it had a chance of horror mark!! Was that true in dom4 as well? I love that spell :(

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
no damage

Except I will need to reposition my poor scout, since you'll probably increase your PD there :argh:

I didn't even realize that it had a chance of horror mark!!

"...people that fear being on the receiving end of earthquake while underwater. People mixing phoenix power with phoenix pyre. People missing their spell ranges by 3 tiles or less."

...you get the gist of it.

Since you're here shitposting when do you think to come back at the helm of the gazillion nations you abandoned :argh:

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Turn 37 is upon us, men. This is a good time as any to make conclusions and talk geopolitics.

Here is a rough map:

OwQbwfn.jpg

It is sad to see half of the world dominated by bloodhunting abominations. Men of Man will see to fixing this.

And here is a brief history on the nations:

- Gath had a pretty good expansion and sucessful early war against Xibalba. Frogmen were driven into the water and a fragile peace established between two nations.
- T'ien Ch'i has been maintaining neutral policy regarding other nations, preferring peace and never going to war.
- C'tis also had a notable expansion and managed to avoid wars with T'ien Ch'i and Man so far. Currently fighting Xibalba underwater, with no notable progress so far.
- Xibalba lost the war against Gath and is currently defending underwater provinces from attacking forces of C'tis. Xibalba's position is rather desperate, sadly.
- Ulm failed to expand and lost most of the forces during a daring attack on one of the Thrones. Then God of Ulm abandoned his people, and the nation was conquered by Man and Abysia.
- Man is doing okay so far. Probably the only nation realizing the danger and sheer scale of bloodhunting practices in the world.

Throne situation is pretty balanced right now.

tZ5lC4f.jpg

- 2 points for C'tis
- 2 points for Gath
- 1 point for T'ien Ch'i
- 1 point for Man

Hall of Fame is spectacular.

m6N7zSv.jpg

- We have Mam Lum, Grandfather Earth, who managed to fend off several attacking armies of C'tis. Glorious.
- Bernlad the Green Knight, champion of the Arena. True men of Man.
- Kukulcan, I believe the only Bacab who survived Gath-Xibalba war. Fought C'tis side by side with Mam Lum until he finally fell. Last of Bacabs, last of the great frogs.
- Wolfgang Von Cross the Prophet of Kromus, currently leading Man's forces against Abysia. One day he'll be on top of HoF, mark my words.
- Some mercs, dead and alive.
- Weird heroes of Gath and Abysia of whom I know little.

In conclusion, the nations of the world must unite against the growing blood threat that Abysia and Gath represent. Before it's too late.

LucidTactics

Literate
Step 1: Bootstrap in to blood as man
Step 2: Beg for blood items to speed up progress to vamp factory as man
Step 3: Form a coalition of "non-blood" nations to make sure people dont gang up on you since you are the biggest by some margin along with good scales and great research
Step 4: Eat blood neighbor
Step 5: ???

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Best battle ever. I salute your courage, coldcrow. You could wait for Man to storm your fort, and use those walls to your advantage. But you decided to face the enemy in open field.

hsM8cvv.jpg

MUCH THUNDER has fallen from the sky this day!

H1m58Zk.jpg

3F3D0Pa.jpg

zz93zN3.jpg

But alas, I can't take all the credit for this victory. Abysian mages condemned their army by casting Hell Power. The results were predictable.

wGDWG23.jpg

HwDaAQE.jpg

cOKhd8v.jpg

Don't do blood magic, folks. Let the fate of Abysia serve an example for other nations and Pretender Gods.

V98Elbh.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Oh, come on, my version is much more fun! Surprise immortal, teleporting and exploding guy which autosummons horrors for fun and profit...

Now, if you want to bring something as boring as efficiency and cost vs value into the equation, sure be my guest!

...spoilsport.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Horror Harmonica Golem beats it all.

I've only seen KoolNoodles do it, and considering the situation in Dec20 Ys or Mictlan have it, so *fun times ahead.

*Fun not guaranteed. For more details about "fun", send inquiries to Scabiel, Maker of Ruins

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I should have just went with my original plan - chaff screen and communion casting call horror several times. But I wanted to see if I could beat fairly what Grimwulf brought to the table.

PS: Wow. In retrospect hellpower cost me that battle, right? First time using this spell, no idea that the cvhance attracting horrors is that high. I wanted to save my blood boosters, should have left them on my main mages and went on to cast harm without hellpower..... sigh.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PS: Wow. In retrospect hellpower cost me that battle, right? First time using this spell, no idea that the cvhance attracting horrors is that high. I wanted to save my blood boosters, should have left them on my main mages and went on to cast harm without hellpower..... sigh.

Indeed, Hell Power was one of the main reasons you lost that battle. But also, you wasted a lot of mage turns on Corpse Candles. If you watch the battle closely, 80% of those candles didn't do anything. Wolves from Howl appear at the edges, just like candles, so they just fought each other.

Harm is not a solution either. Damage output is minimal, and has to pass MR check. Tower Guards have 11 hp each, they would endure. Not to mention precision of your Warlocks during this battle. It was 4. Four.

You brought a lot of archers and one of your guys did Flaming Arrows. But Tower Guards have decent prot, shields, and more importantly Man has no problem casting Arrow Fend.

Fire evocations have a malus under Storm. And once again, low precision. Good thing you didn't bet on them, that would end with even more decisive victory for me.

Summer Lions performed surprisinly good. Didn't expect that.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Harm cast by B7 mages is not that minimal. Them first horror arrived just after casting hellpower and fucked up the whole army AI.
I didn't think about candles and wolves attacking each other... would have been better to summon 2 fire elementals then. I actually like my chances after that - without hellpower that is.
Learning by mistakes!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Harm cast by B7 mages is not that minimal.

Still think it would result in more friendly fire than actual damage (and your troops have less MR than mine), but you can try that next time. At least you saved those blood boosters.

I didn't think about candles and wolves attacking each other... would have been better to summon 2 fire elementals then. I actually like my chances after that - without hellpower that is.

This. This is what you should have done. One thing I was truly worried about is you bringing a fuckton of F mages spamming fire elementals. If there was a thing that could win you this battle, it's massive elemental spam.

Too late now, though. Old Grim got new tricks prepared for you.

Damn, this war is entertaining

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
The hulking procession lumbered forward, slowly and steadily, oppressed by the scorching summer heat.
The ponderous palanquin rolled on. Four adept Air mages, ailing from the province of Summeredge, were selected to sustain the impossible weight of its golden frame. Playful cloud Persons, spirit from the sky, were bound to the wagon to lighten its world-crushing load.
Runes of aching and longing they carved on the wheels, etched with the blood and ichor of birds, imposing a fatal attraction to the skies, holding them fast as tethered to the heavens above.

The gargantuan corpse of Mam Lum, the Grandfather Earth, last of the Basalt King, is laid upon the titanic slab of gold which constitutes the base of the palanquin. Gossamer garments, spun from threads of pure astral matter, adorn the almost-flawless giant carcass. The deep wounds around the chest, legs and arms are still pouring pure, crystalline waters, although in a lesser extent than when the revered body was hauled from the sea. A connection with the ancestral powers of Water and a clear sign that it was magic, and not a mundane blow that struck the Giant down. Surely those wounds couldn't have been enough to fell one of the living Pillars of ancient Atlantis...

High upon the City of Tombs stands a single, tall minaret. A needle of marble and ivory gleaming in the desert sun. On top of it the figure of a lone Sauromancer, raptured, as if in trance.
Nammu, the master of Earth, foremost seer on cthonic affair, the highest standing Earth mage in all of C'Tis, slowly opens his eyes. The connection he shares with the Earth, amplified by the ritual spell laid on the royal road, stretching from the capital to the faraway sea, warns him of of the arrival faster than the vision of the procession and the accompanying army closing in from the horizon. He arrives.

After weeks of travel, the Elder is brought to the place of his final rest. With utmost reverence, the body is prepared for the last rituals. The bones from his mighty rib cage are etched with runes of power, rulership and appropriation, then piled and disposed forming a perfect circle. The femurs and tibiae, as strong as pillars and still bearing a lingering connection with the Axis Mundi, sustain the weight of the enormous skullcap and along with it make so that the structure's power extends above all lands and seas, because the Grandfather still dreams of the sacred waters.
Lastly, his bare skull is painstakingly enchanted, 34 reborn give their life, one for each of the vertebrae that will adorn it.

The greatest work is done. Mam Lum is now part of the land itself. His desire to protect his people from suffering won't die but will instead keep the pain and maladies affecting this shattered world pouring inside his perpetually open mouth, to be devoured.

"The Well is open."

"...the King is coming"

Suddenly, eldritch, violet tears started flowing from the empty eye sockets...

Here's who we're talking about:

yI4ko0S.jpg

Those stars? I paid in bones for each one of them. Up untill now Mam Lum has killed ~1000 troops, alone. Taking that thing head on UW is like trying to stop a whale with a fishnet, two thirds of what could normally beat him don't work and what does work is under special caveats.

Ufnfortunately for him though, this guy here can spam skellies for as long as Mam Lum can keep swinging his sword.
0qlqN1w.jpg

Yep, a round of summoning hordes causes him to recover 5 fatigue, I probably went overkill with reinvig. Mam Lum is bound to fail a roll, sooner or later...

...or not. Two turns ago he destroyed my army, and among them my eternal spammer. Just sayin'

Third time is the charm though, we assemble on the back. Instead of a screen of chaf, we opt for just fielding some decoys and rely on combat re-animation.
Mam Lum relies on Quicken Self and has combat swiftness, as soon as he's finished buffing, cue in Yakkety sax rapidly, coz it only takes 3 rounds for this particular train to traverse the battlefield.

He comes crashing on my left side, while my water elementals and constant stream of skeletons fills the middle, they will duke it out with Xibalba's rearguard ultimately bringing C'Tis victory due to rout. Remember kids, we're attacking here, we only have 50 turns to do everything, an eternal skellyspammer does little good when your time is over...

mMQg4Nc.jpg

Finally, it happens, the champion fails a roll. A single roll, but we know the battle is basically over.

zb8LifK.jpg

But he's still full health, 79 hp, 20% regen. If the rest of his army hadn't routed, he could probably survive this....

XvtzN6O.jpg

Once he's alone on the battlefield, skellyspamming stops and the mages are smart enough to shift to single target drain life, it still takes time.

And finally here are Dayyālu superskekrit weponz. He kept spamming me lovely images like this one:

images

I had to rely on all my cruelty and my heroic trait "Ruthlessness" to muster the strength I needed to fight. I mean, come on. Just look at him...

cute-tree-frog-pictures.jpg

Truly a master of manipulation and deceit.

Dayyālu :salute: my friend.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, I'm sorry to be slow, but I've been greeted by a fuckton of work stuff on my return, and I still haven't had time to even look at the turns. Could I get 24h here and in D20? There's some diplo I gotta do as well :)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Postponed 12 hours.

I'll extend more if needed, but consider that Dec20 between you and Grimwulf has been postponed for more than four days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom