Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Yahtzee reviews Fable 3: Asbestos and Bacon Sandwich

Drakron

Arcane
Slenkar said:
Angry Joe illustrates the fail that is .... the sanctuary, holy crap that looks retarded

Even more when you consider that that was one of the things they were hyping, the "death to the UI" that started with the dog in Fable 2.

So instead of pressing a key and navigate menus we have a loading screens to a "interactive menu" that is pain-in-the-ass to use ... if I was a cynical man I would say Fable 3 was a slam dunk creating using Fable II resources (down to the multiplayer mode that should have been in Fable 2).

As a matter of fact Molyneux even said they were aiming at least 5 million sales (so far it sold under 3 million, more that Fable 1 and less that Fable 2) that kinda makes me suspect of Lionhead finances .

If I was a cynical man, that is.

CrimHead

Scholar
I don't like Yahtzee. He's a poor an extremely poor reviewer and an even poorer comedian (LOL RANDUM METAPHORS GUYS). I really have a hard time comprehending his seemingly ubiquitous appeal.

His entire shtick focuses on just talking extremely fast. That's it. There's nothing else. If he didn't talk fast, even his most moronic viewers would understand what he was actually saying wasn't at all interesting.

Another thing that gets my blood to a boil is how every swinging dick on youtube has begun imitating his style. Those fucking crudely drawn picture puns.

If you want a good amateur game reviewer, check out antisocialfatman on youtube. I don't agree with him on a good many things, but at least he's thorough. At least he's an actual critic.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CrimHead said:
At least he's an actual critic.
But that's it. Don't look at Yahtzee as a critic. He is an entertainer, nothing more.Whether you found his videos funny or not, now that is another question, but one thing is sure. He is not credible as a critic.
When I first saw his videos, I hated the guy, because he bashed my favourite games to hell, withouth a reason. Then I realized that I shouldn't take him seriously at all.

DraQ

Arcane
Drakron said:
So instead of pressing a key and navigate menus we have a loading screens to a "interactive menu" that is pain-in-the-ass to use ...
That's like totally surprising and unexpected - having to walk around separate location much more annoying and time consuming than simple inventory screen? Seriously, who would expect that? :roll:

I don't know nor care to know that much about fable, but in 4 stuff like checking character's strength should be only possible by having him pump iron in his house/castle/mansion/hq/whatever and watching his performance. Yeah, that's streamlining alright, menus are too cumbersome and time consuming to use.
:roll:

levelup

Novice
Random metaphors for cheap laughs. Where have i seen that before ...

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Alexandros said:
When even consoletards think that a game is dumbed down, you know you've got a monumentaly shit game in your hands.

Fable goes far beyond being dumbed down.

Black

Arcane
Drakron said:
That should be fun ... oh a few days ago I found out Angry Joe also hates Fable.
Man, that fag is so edgy.
Risen is an incredibly long and boring RPG that is damn near torture for any
sane person to play (on Xbox 360).
Sane people don't play games that are available on PC on 360. He must've missed that fact.
Also, sane people don't watch his show, don't try pretending they're voice of gamers while being nobodies and AREN'T SPICS LOLOLOLOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom