Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Deflowerer

Arcane
Hopefully 0 will move decent load of copies in the west. I can't believe these fucking weeaboos lap up any shit with 2d waifus and animu, but leave these games unnoticed.

Anyway, Yakuza is glorious. Pre-ordered 5 in August, can't wait to get started.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought it with the PS+ discount. Won't start it until a week or two.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can anyone tell me if this will download to a 60 GB fat PS3 ? How big is the download ?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Played for two hours. The engine is much smoother than previous game, especially transitions to battles. Fukuoka looks great, and Kazuma finally changed his fucking wardrobe from the cheap male host suit he was sporting before. He looks cool as fuck now.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Terrible clothing for a 45+ guy. Also wtf he looks actually younger.

I'm kind of getting annoyed that they are incapable of creating a successor character to Kiryu. With each game, his excuse for getting involved in all the shit gets lazier and lazier.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope to get some time with this game soon. I have had maybe and hour or 2 where i ran around the starter town and it was great fun, but i have yet to really get in there.

Deflowerer

Arcane
The quality looks too good for VHS and the bodies too modern. Not authentic enough.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I love all the taxi music, some chill tunes. Anyway, I'm close to the end of Kiryu's chapter with the taxi side mission completed and most of the substories as well. It looks to be one of the best entries for sure, although we'll see if it can dethrone Yakuza 2 for me.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i have not had time to throw my self at the game like i would like, but i am now in the Idol part. I am still un-happy i can not suppelex the enemy dancers. How ever it is an amazing game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Yakuza remake (Kiwami) is getting new live action scenes for the Hostess Club. FMV seems to make partial comebacks recently.

eb1tXFs.jpg

i3cOhe2.jpg

AOP9dk6.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12...owing-hostess-club-and-insect-queen-minigame/

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
This better be coming out on PC. Yakuza is one of the only few AAA shit I'm remotely interested about.

Martius

Liturgist
Since Zero english release is confirmed then maybe that will come to pc? Since its prequel it would be good entry point for newcomers.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Too bad Yakuza 5 had one of the worst fucking plots known to history of mankind. Jesus fucking christ...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
You can say that about the entire Yakuza series, really. It's like they lack self-confidence in their writing abilities and just make the thing absurdly complex to compensate. That or they don't know how else to fill a storyline so that the game lasts more than two hours. The Yakuza storylines are about as ridiculous as the Metal Gear ones.

Deflowerer

Arcane
You can say that about the entire Yakuza series, really. It's like they lack self-confidence in their writing abilities and just make the thing absurdly complex to compensate. That or they don't know how else to fill a storyline so that the game lasts more than two hours. The Yakuza storylines are about as ridiculous as the Metal Gear ones.

I think the first two are still pretty decent, and none of their twists are as bewilderingly bad as the games in the later series. I attribute it to them being written by Hase Seishu, an actual novelist.

Overall, the catastrophic plot in this game really left a sour taste in my mouth, so my excitement for Zero has tapered a bit.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
The whole
"-I'm not the bad guy... the real bad guy is......"
<NPC you saw earlier arrives>
"-..... NANI ???!!!"
<bewildered Kazuma face>

gets tiresome by the mandatory 15th time it happens in each episode. Yes. Even the first two.
The plot twists become so convoluted and so pointless that I rememeber in the final boss battles of Yakuza 4, I tought half of my opponents were actually the good guys and I had no idea why the game wanted me to beat them up.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
The whole
"-I'm not the bad guy... the real bad guy is......"
<NPC you saw earlier arrives>
"-..... NANI ???!!!"
<bewildered Kazuma face>

gets tiresome by the mandatory 15th time it happens in each episode. Yes. Even the first two.
The plot twists become so convoluted and so pointless that I rememeber in the final boss battles of Yakuza 4, I tought half of my opponents were actually the good guys and I had no idea why the game wanted me to beat them up.

I think that's really just Japanese TV drama formula, which is kinda what Yakuza obviously took cues from starting with the first game. So yeah, different cultures I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom