Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I want to make a Morrowind modlist. In making the guide to install it, I've come across a small problem, which is getting people to understand what I'm telling them to do. It's regarding the installation of the Morrowind Code Patch, which has a shitload of options to tick.

GAME MECHANICS

There are 36 patches in this category. Two of them you should stay away from, as they can potentially break your game, riddling it with crashes.

- Attribute uncap
- Skill uncap

Another thing to keep in mind are BTB's Game Improvements, the rebalance mod recommended by this guide.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH BTB's GAME IMPROVEMENTS

- Do not install Attribute uncap.
- Do not install Skill uncap.

- Of the patches that remain (34), feel free to install whichever tickles your fancy. I recommend you install all of them.

I WANT TO PLAY WITH BTB's GAME IMPROVEMENTS

- Do not install Attribute uncap.
- Do not install Skill uncap.

- It's recommended not to install Healthy appetite, as it unbalances the game.
- It's recommended not to install Spellmaking max. mangnitude increase, as it unbalances the game.

- Install Enchanted item cooldown.
- Install Enchanted item rebalance.
- Install Item recharging rebalance.
- Install Soulgem value rebalance.
- Install Spellmaking max. duration reduced.
- Install Spellmaker area effect cost.
- Install Detect life spell variant.

- Of the patches that remain (25), feel free to install whichever tickles your fancy. I recommend you install all of them.

------------------------------

I feel that this should be fairly simple to understand, but I would love to have a second opinion.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
So should I or shouldn't I install that uncapping thing?

Please no jokes. But assuming the question was serious: NO. It will break your game as not many mods are up to date in order to take advantage of those patches.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I've decided to split my Morrowind guide into two parts. One that focuses only on bugfixes, and another that focuses on graphical tweaks and gameplay mods. The purist guide would consist of 14 mods (if not a couple less). That sounds like a rather large number, but only four of them are actual must haves, as the others fix rather trivial issues a lot of people can do without.

- Morrowind Code Patch
- Morrowind Optimization Patch
- Patch for Purists
- Correct Meshes

That's really it. Every other patch fixes the smallest of issues (one patch just fixes Mudcrab UV mapping), or makes changes that people can easily live without (Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attack) or fixes issues that are only a problem if you are using "HD" texture mods (Correct UV Rocks). Hopefully I will have the guide ready tomorrow. It would be easy shit if I just half-assed it like I did with my New Vegas guide, but I want people to know what these mods do so they can choose for themselves whether to use them or not (or is this a major waste of time? Retards are always gonna retard).

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
u should merge all of the mods into a file and upload it somewhere so people don't need to download 1000000 mods and spend half a week manually installing

I've done that before in the past. If I were to do something similar in the future, I would upload all mod zip files into a single zip file.

Codex Year of the Donut
"Ah," Therris said. "Payment first, sweet thing." He put an arm around her, leaned over and kissed her, thrusting his tongue deep into her mouth and his free hand into her shirt.

"Nice," he said presently, withdrawing his tongue, but not his hand. His other hand slid down inside her waistband and fondled her buttocks.

"Let's go upstairs. We can use my room," Barenziah felt both embarassed and excited by his boldness.

Therris grinned insolently. "Why bother? You want me, don't you? I'll bet you'd pay me, wouldn't you?"

"No," Barenziah said. She did want him, but not that badly.

"No? Well, a bargain's a bargain and Therris keeps his word. But here. Now." He hiked her skirt up and pulled her onto his lap so she sat astride, facing him. He opened her shirt and pulled it down on her shoulders so that her breasts were exposed.

"Nice pair, kid." She was facing the wall but she could feel the stares of the other patrons. A hush had fallen over the place. Even the bard had stilled. She felt both nausea and a hot burning desire. Her hands released his turgid penis and then it was inside her and she was screaming in both pain and ecstasy. Then everything went black.

When she came to herself again she was sitting beside Therris, who was buttoning her shirt.

"That hurt!" she said indignantly.

"Always does, kid. Didn't anyone ever tell you about Khajiit men? It hurts good though, now doesn't it?"

Barenziah scowled at him. She was still smarting. His penis had tiny little barbs on it.

Khajits have barbed penises.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I've been testing out some Morrowind mods, especially shaders. I decided I would play in a smaller resolution (640x480) just to have the game load faster. And damn, it's very comfy: the massive increase in FPS (from 8 FPS during rain at 1080p to 60 FPS during rain), the UI being slightly closer together as opposed to being extremely spread apart, and overall the "retro" look of playing the game at closer-to-vanilla resolutions... it's really nice.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Group selfie:

zgYIuMYnSN-GCpHaWfV3Q_yAhuznAbWGLRS3VI35t1I.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom