Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your most hated video game character

Echo Mirage

Arcane
latest

Ah, Rosh. I never could think of a good enough reason to let him live.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Plenty of them but Grobnar AKA Bishop's hand shield from NWN2 and Rosh take the lead... Imagine my furry when Miss Big Blonde Tits died instead of him (But we got Amon Jerro as Companion instead so Bros before the hoes). Rosh was the reason why my heroine became the first always smug Sith Lady.

''I was wrong to choose dark side... No Rosh you were right then... just weak.'' :smug::incline::smug::incline::smug::incline::smug::incline::smug::incline::smug::incline::smug::incline:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Ass Defect has some shitty, annoying characters: Mordin - so quirky xD, nerdy. And bad ass. That dumb spic from ME3, Joker - hate that "witty" little shithead. Most of the characters in ME are more or less cringey too, but these are the worst. Biowaru <3

pippin

Mordin was ok, but I hate when Bioware forces singing into their games. The best character of the whole series was Zaheed, not only because he was a cool guy, his mission was one of the few that really felt like it had a real moral element attached to it.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Yeah, Zaeed was a cool grizzled oldfag. Another thing that was annoying to me about ME characters is how aliens talked and behaved too much like humans. It was probably lazyness of writers but I like to think that it was to make it easier for nerds to get embrace ME as their ersatz social life and become "friends"(or more XDDDD) with the characters from the game.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
For me it would be the Followers of the Apocalypse guy in Helios One that condescendingly tells you to give the power to everyone in the Mohave despite it not doing a damn good for anyone that way. The way he talks, bleeding heart knows what's best, makes me kill him once I'm done with the mission every time.

He was utterly forgettable and a complete waste of Sean Bean's talent (as was Patrick Stewart's role).

The amusing upside to his voice acting is the tone he has talking to you.

You can tell they just got the man to recite some lines and he has no idea wtf they have to do with anything but is half heartedly trying to put emotion into them. I makes the Emperor sound like a sweet, naively dementia'ed old man who is just feeding you BS, telling tall tales to a kid, while having no idea what the Blades are doing moving him around, and is just going with it like he got abducted from an old folks home.

SC3 is crap, but not all of its characters are hatable. I do share in your hate for the Owa and Clairconctlar, though.

I hated what they did to the Spathi the most, turning them into stereotypical groveling cowards from cartoons.

That wasn't what they were they originally were. They were depressed, cynical and pessimistic accepting bad things as they happened because that is what they always expected but they also had a bit of arrogance to them always spinning themselves in a positive light and doing what they wanted at the slightest hint that no one was watching.

They also had a bit of bite and showed it through passive aggressive, snide comments. Like when you ask them if they'd ally with you and they sarcastically accept, throwing the offer it back in your face as a refusal, which you wouldn't see them do at all in 3 with their kowtowing demeanor.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
SC3 is crap, but not all of its characters are hatable. I do share in your hate for the Owa and Clairconctlar, though.

I hated what they did to the Spathi the most, turning them into stereotypical groveling cowards from cartoons.

That wasn't what they were they originally were. They were depressed, cynical and pessimistic accepting bad things as they happened because that is what they always expected but they also had a bit of arrogance to them always spinning themselves in a positive light and doing what they wanted at the slightest hint that no one was watching.

They also had a bit of bite and showed it through passive aggressive, snide comments. Like when you ask them if they'd ally with you and they sarcastically accept, throwing the offer it back in your face as a refusal, which you wouldn't see them do at all in 3 with their kowtowing demeanor.

It's a very subtle change compared to what most players saw of the Spathi in SC2, but I get your point. I would say that the circumstances of SC3 would make the Spathi at least somewhat nervous, but that's not the worst character crime committed in the game, like with the Ur-Quan or the Mycon.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
No one mentioned the owl from Kings Quest 5?

Because people couldn't tell that an angry snake blocking your path would kill you, you needed an annoying owl to stop the game and tell you. Every fucking time.

I never got past the part where the wolf mauls him and drags him off. I reached that point and was satisfied with what has been accomplished so far and quit. I know you're supposed to save him, but fuck, who cares?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Entire cast of Deus Ex IW, including AlexD with douchebag haircut/his female version looking like popstar, eyeballing NPCs (I'm pointing at you, coffee vendor who ask me to sabotage his rival), major NPCs with opposite goals and missions and that data-mining hologram of popstar.
Only exception - Donna Morgan because it's the only good looking NPC here.

pippin

major NPCs with opposite goals and missions and that data-mining hologram of popstar.

So you're against multiple factions and c&c? Because I particularly enjoyed that aspect very much. Especially at the end where everything snowballs into a situation where you can fuck up everyone on your own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom