Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Arthandas

Liturgist
Oath in Felghana.
Play on Hard, and then replay on Nightmare.
Bitch, I'm a professional. How do you start on nightmare? Is that the highest setting?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, although I have a LE of the first game, I'm gonna wait for a PC/PS4 port or something so I can have all three games on one platform.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oath in Felghana.
Play on Hard, and then replay on Nightmare.
Bitch, I'm a professional. How do you start on nightmare? Is that the highest setting?
Highest setting is Inferno, but it's just Nightmare with higher stats for enemies. Not much fun.
They're all unlocked from the beginning, or at least it was patched to be that way some time after the release. Hope you're not using a pirated version!

Arthandas

Liturgist
Highest setting is Inferno (...) Not much fun.
Inferno it is!
Hope you're not using a pirated version!
8ab1cb18954d.gif

Arthandas

Liturgist
Everything else would be a travesty. If you beat inferno without grinding, no spirit necklace and without using the earth-ring unless absolutely necessary you can call yourself a man.
Challenge accepted!
...though I think I'll start with the Chronicles.

aaaaand GOG just discounted all Ys games :D It's like the universe wants me to play it.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Just buttin' in the earth-ring \ spirit necklace challenges are super optional and for masochists.
The game's balanced just fine for full use of them!

Arthandas

Liturgist
I started Ys Chronicles I on nightmare and I literally died 20 times on the first fucking enemy...
:negative:

Seems to me I get damaged no matter the bump angle and they take like 30 hits to kill. Well played Ys, well played...
Time to do some cock pushups and polish my humping techniques.

EDIT
Ok, apparently I was using my fists and you're supposed to avoid them and reach the second town -_-

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Ys I & II are meh ("different" combat system), start with 6 or Felgha - that's where the good shit is.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Definitely seconding Spekkio's opinion - I didn't find Ys1&2 to be "fun" per se, but .. somewhat enjoyable, mainly due to the atmosphere, graphics and music

The combat and bosses aren't nearly as enjoyable as in later games.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Ys I & II are meh ("different" combat system), start with 6 or Felgha - that's where the good shit is.
I know but I want to beat them in the release order which would be Napishtim->Felghana->Origin if I'm not mistaken.
Despite being simplistic I like it so far (also that pixel art and music:).

Exhuminator

Arcane
Definitely stoked for Ys VIII. Getting it on Vita.

I've beaten Ys I (PC), Ys III (PCECD), Ys IV (SFC & PCECD), Ys V (SFC), Ys VI (PC), The Oath in Felghana (PC), Ys Origin (PC), and Ys Seven (PSP). Of all those, I think Ys Origin was the best.

I tend to break the Ys series into three parts. The classic stuff (Ys I - Ys V), the rebirth era (Ys VI - Oath - Ys Origin), and the modern era (Ys Seven - Celceta - Ys VIII). I think if you have decent gaming skills it's good to start with the rebirth era. The classic stuff is pretty uninviting even for uninitiated oldschool gamers.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I know but I want to beat them in the release order which would be Napishtim->Felghana->Origin if I'm not mistaken.
Despite being simplistic I like it so far (also that pixel art and music:).
Yep yep - what I'm saying is don't force yourself to play these particular two on higher difficulties. They're not worth the nightmare!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Seems to me I get damaged no matter the bump angle and they take like 30 hits to kill. Well played Ys, well played...
Time to do some cock pushups and polish my humping techniques.

EDIT
Ok, apparently I was using my fists and you're supposed to avoid them and reach the second town -_-

Yeah that happened to me as well. I beat this game on Nightmare, but if I had to do it over again I would probably go with hard. Trust me, this game is unforgiving and cheap as fuck.

Especially the last boss, who took me almost two hours of non-stop dying to beat. Ys II on nightmare feels like a breeze in the wind after that bullshit.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
55Xle3L.jpg

He's probably about the most hated boss in the Ys series, along with another fucknut you'll encounter in Felghana.

3VxwHUA.jpg

Do your best!

Last edited:

Arthandas

Liturgist
Do your best!
The trick is to make short stops while running around so the bats can group up. I've learned it after repeatedly dying and then it took me like 3 tries to beat him so in the end he wasn't THAT hard.
He's probably about the most hated boss in the Ys series, along with another fucknut you'll encounter in Felghana.
Looking forward to him/her/it :)

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
it took me 3-4 attempts at playing ys1 before finally reaching the first boss in ys 1

the first time was before it was officially translated

at my 4th attempt i played the whole game in a single run, but stuck at the final boss

and haven't beat the final boss to this day :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom