Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
dafuq

All the prior Falcom PC ports were fine what did they do different? Talk about a self-own.

The quality ports and localizations were made by a quality company called XSEED. For YS VIII, Falcom went with NISA instead, apparently because they are so cheap.

Well, you get what you pay for.

:dead:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You do not have to configure any controllers in Steam, nor do you have to use Big Picture mode.

Big Wrangle

NISA has been consistently proving that it's a joke so they should do that. At least folks like Atlus USA aren't gonna somehow make a game broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthandas

Liturgist
(Also also note that Oath in Felghana is the best Ys title and you should play it first)
tenor.gif

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
how is the keyboard and mouse support working on ys 8 pc port? do you need to use the vertical axis (like, for example as in Nier Automata), OR is the game playable with only a horizontal axis?

does the horizontal axis automatically follow your movement or is it manual?

For example, could I play this only using the keyboard?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Wow i have had 3 crashes on the first act when you wake up on the beach.Go north,crash,attack dog,crash,etc...
Also the fps drops like a stone the moment you actually turn the camera.
This port is beyond shit.

I hadn't played any of these 'modern' party-based Ys, but I installed this today and what is this shit? When did Ys transition from a kickass action RPG to full weeabo garbage?

Haven't encountered any graphical issues reported by other people so far (4k maxed, constant 60fps at 20% gpu utilization, it's a very light game, but why is the install 21gb? WTF)

I did run into a weird audio glitch though - music was skipping ahead every few seconds. I had to disable the unused HDMI audio devices on my videocard to fix it. Never encountered this problem, very strange.

Perkel

Arcane
my god i though ys7 had amazing soundtack but ys8 beat it to pulp

i mean how the fuck you make something so good sooo fitting into gameplay ?
How fucking based you need to be to be that good ?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, Ys I took me by surprise too. Really simple, but somehow really fun and charming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom