Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conarium - Lovecraftian horror game from Zoetrope inspired by At The Mountains Of Madness

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
https://conariumgame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/conarium?as=1649904300

Announcement teaser

I really liked the two Darkness Within games, so them doing another Lovecraftian like Adventure game is TOTALLY FINE BY ME!

:takemymoney:

Only a crappy teaser announcement trailer for now, but looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I finished both Darkness Within games recently and liked them very much. Lovecraft would probably have liked them too, they hew very close to his work.

From the Youtube description:

Announcement teaser for Zoetrope Interactive's upcoming Lovecraftian horror-exploraiton game "Mountains of Madness"

The exploration part makes me :hmmm: though.

DW2 was shit because of the need to go 3D with free roam. The static 360 backgrounds of DW1 were much more focused.

Inb4 another cheap Amnesia clone.

I can't help but feel the Lovecraftian thing has been played out; I don't think there'll be another adventure game in the calibre of Shadow of the Comet.

hello friend

Arcane
Can't play something out if you never really start. Hardly any games have been in the same vein as Lovecraft mythos beyond some sort of lip service OMG Ctulhu insanity n tentacles lolz.

The potential is virtually untapped. This shit could be *so* good.

Explorerbc

Arcane
After the announcement of Call of Cthulhu by cyanide, I remembered there was this game being developed as well.

Turns out they have changed the name and released a few screenshots and info:

More on the site: http://www.transcendthegame.com/

transcend_logo1.jpg

After some hectic months with lots of planning, developing, ironing the ideas and concepts, we finally have some updates to share. Firstly we would like to announce that we have changed the name Mountains of Madness – working title- to “Transcend”

Transcend is a psychological horror, adventure game set in an Antarctic expedition. Using a device called “Conarium”, crew members try to break the boundaries of conventional human perception into the regions which have never been penetrated by any conscious mind before. Soon they plunged into mysteries they have never even dreamed of.

Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Transcend aims to bring cutting-edge visuals for more immersive storytelling and gaming experience. The game is planned to be released on Q4 2016 on Steam.

Transcend_04.jpg

Transcend_08.jpg

Transcend_01.jpg

I can't help but feel the Lovecraftian thing has been played out; I don't think there'll be another adventure game in the calibre of Shadow of the Comet.

One or two good games with a lovecraft theme and it's "played out"?
There are Lovecraft "themes" plastered everywhere these days, not just in videogames. I didn't mean to say that there's a great abundance of good games that are faithful to Lovecraft, but rather that the references are abundant everywhere, and in being so, have bastardized the theme - at least to me.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I guess 3rd time is a charm? :lol:

They have re-named this AGAIN. It's now called Conarium. (The old trancendthegame.com now directs to the new name). Current press release:

Iceberg Interactive announce Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium'
New horror title coming to PC and console in 2017

Haarlem, The Netherlands
July 14th, 2016

Buoyed by the success of the horror adventure series Darkness Within, publisher Iceberg Interactive and development studio Zoetrope Interactive have teamed up again with a publishing deal for the brand new horror adventure title ‘Conarium’.

Conarium is a chilling Lovecraftian game, which follows a gripping story involving four scientists and their endeavor to challenge what we normally consider to be the ‘absolute’ limits of nature. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s novella "At the Mountains of Madness", but largely set after the original story.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder, says: “We here at Iceberg love a good horror game and Zoetrope always deliver. We are excited to see them working on a new Lovecraft-inspired franchise, as I am sure will be their huge fanbase.”

The game is currently slotted for a Q1 2017 release on Steam and other digital platforms, as well as on consoles.

About Conarium

As Frank Gilman, a member of the Anthropology Department in the Miskatonic University, you have taken part in the Upuaut expedition led by Dr. Faust, attempting to pass beyond the limits of human consciousness by using a device called Conarium.

When you find yourself regaining consciousness, you are alone in the Antarctic expedition base, and you remember nothing. Soon you will discover that having used the device during the expedition, you have died but then returned subtly changed, speaking of strange memories and of strange places. You have lost something important or gained something sinister...

Explore the antarctic base, as well as dreams and visions. Study clues, unlock secrets, experience alternate realities, but avoid macabre beings present there at all cost.

Features

- A deep and suspenseful Lovecraftian story with lots of secrets and Easter eggs.

- Ominous but wonderful graphics created with the Unreal 4 engine.

- Death is used as a feature. When the player dies, they will be teleported to a different location where unlocking more clues and secrets related to the game’s story could be possible.

- Two difficulty levels, with only maximum difficulty unlocking all content present in the game. At the easiest level the player can’t die, but will miss out on certain locations.

- A haunting soundtrack.​

Some new screenshots here: http://www.gameboomers.com/Pressreleases/Conarium/Conarium.htm

And the new website with the new name is here: http://www.conariumgame.com/

Still looking fucking sweet! :salute:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Only recently I've discovered this developer. Played Darkness Within 1 and really digged it. Alas, DW2 has some stupid game breaking bug that prevents me from progressing, but Zoetrope is now definitely on my radar.

Starwars

Arcane
Some of the art looks kinda nice I guess? Other than that that teaser just looked like a cheap knock-off of one of those Frictional trailers.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
There is this thing on player's wrist. It looks like some portal or time device.
confjf.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom