Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zombi U dropping the U and coming to PC/PS4/XBox One as Zombi

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I guess those 700 000 sold copies were not enough for Ubisoft on Wii U. I do wonder how it's going to work without a second screen.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zombiu-re-release-confirmed-for-ps4-xbox-one-pc/1100-6429321/

The console and PC editions will be available digitally--Ubisoft has not announced plans for a boxed version of the port.

Zombi casts players as a human attempting to survive in zombie-infested London: "For the second time in history, a great plague has shrouded the city in a fog of death and thousands have died, or worse, been infected by a sickness more gruesome than death.

Once again, this fear-fueled first-person shooter invites all players to dive into the horror, chaos and tension found in the best of the genre. The nail-biting survival experience has been optimized for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC, using the power of the latest generation of hardware to bring gamers to a new level of horror."

A horse of course

I do wonder how it's going to work without a second screen.

The same way any game with a tacked on Sixaxis/Kinect gimmick works. IIRC the game uses the gamepad for hacking minigames and an inventory screen.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
At first I was like "They must have secured the rights to Zombi" but as I looked it up I realized that they had published it themselves back in the day. In fact, it was UbiSoft's first-ever published game.

A user named cat

Zombi... good Italian horror, also an awesome instrumental band.

Played a couple of hours, seems to be extreme popamole quest-marker riddled bs. Zero tension.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Put me back on ignore. I have to take a shower every time I read one of your posts, you creeper!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Put me back on ignore. I have to take a shower every time I read one of your posts, you creeper!
You know what buddy? When I replied to you, I swear to god that I knew that you will reply me in an idiot, insulting way, despite that I haven't said anything offensive to you. I just knew that being the little piece of shit you are, you will jump at me. So yeah, I just put you back to ignore.

Last edited:

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Played a couple of hours, seems to be extreme popamole quest-marker riddled bs. Zero tension.

What about the level design? Is it hub-based or are we talking about a purely linear progression? Any branching paths, optional areas to speak of?
Judging from the screenshots provided on the Steam page, it does seem to be a pretty atmospheric affair, at least - I'll give them that.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It is pretty atmospheric and the zombie menace keeps pretty frightening overall. Mostly because things can quicky spiral out of control at any time. You can very easily be overwhelmed and every zombie can be the end of you. Dying Light messed this up by letting you become a juggernaut during your playthrough, thereby removing all the tension. This one works at keeping that same tension going. Zombi not pausing while you check out inventory or goals does tend to keep me on edge. They also did a splendid job at recreating London. It's somehow very true to the real place. Anyway, I'm generally enjoying the game. Even with it being a railroaded affair that does have its fair share of problems.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
It is pretty atmospheric and the zombie menace keeps pretty frightening overall. Mostly because things can quicky spiral out of control at any time. You can very easily be overwhelmed and every zombie can be the end of you. Dying Light messed this up by letting you become a juggernaut during your playthrough, thereby removing all the tension. This one works at keeping that same tension going. Zombi not pausing while you check out inventory or goals does tend to keep me on edge. They also did a splendid job at recreating London. It's somehow very true to the real place. Anyway, I'm generally enjoying the game. Even with it being a railroaded affair that does have its fair share of problems.
Pass.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This is like jolly good Condemned. I like the atmosphere, authentic places and looting shit, but the biggest dealbreaker for me is that it's too easy. At least Condemned always kept you on the edge.
Ahah, sure, Condemned with its two or three whole enemies at a time, fireaxes, and one-hit-kill taser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom