Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware caught posting metacritic reviews..

ortucis

Prophet
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but I just learned about this so here:

calgone-1300150043-1300140568537.png

Rhalle

Magister
Some Bioware Cubicle Jockey said:
"For what it is, it is flawlessly executed and endlessly entertaining."

DA2: good for what it is?

blackadder said:
And the reaction...?

An overreaction.

An employee who believes in the product he worked on posts a good review on an open site.

Not a big deal, much less some grand conspiracy, tbh.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Befuddled Halfling said:
Blackadder said:
DragoFireheart said:
It's already in the biotard forums.

And the reaction...?

It's a rpgcodex conspiracy.

There's a biodrone (dubya75) who just changed his sig to "rpgcodex poisons the gaming community"

Rpgcodex is now more prestigious than ever. :smug:

Bruticis

Blackadder said:
DragoFireheart said:
It's already in the biotard forums.
And the reaction...?

The reaction was that it was perfectly acceptable for a developer to disguise his identity and give his unbiased opinion on his work. It's only fair since some really mean people gave DA2 a 0/10 review.

xemous

Arcane
...and you wouldn't believe i was just googling for metacritic plants because the user reviews are identical to the publishers, and what do i see here.

shame on everyone who bought dragon age, shame on everyone who bought anything from a big publisher. shame on you all, codex. you created these demons which u now fear.

U CREATED THESE DEMONS THAT WHICH U NOW FEAR

Rhalle said:
Some Bioware Cubicle Jockey said:
"For what it is, it is flawlessly executed and endlessly entertaining."

DA2: good for what it is?

blackadder said:
And the reaction...?

An overreaction.

An employee who believes in the product he worked on posts a good review on an open site.

Not a big deal, much less some grand conspiracy, tbh.

If the Biowhores hadn't made up conspiracy theories first about 4 chan raids, codex raids etc, I'd agree with you.

But you'd hope that as a rule, employees would be barred from posting reviews as independent players, em ... because they aren't. It is a bit underhand.

There is no proof that 4 chan fucked with the metacritic scores. There IS proof that BioWare fucked with the metacritic scores.

tennishero

Novice
this alone destroys all credibility bioware had left

disgraceful behaviour

in ancient japan there would be hari kiri ninja style

glorious nippon knew how to do things right

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Blackadder said:
Ahahaha...

The Codex arm has grown long.

Indeed it has. In fact, ex-biotard fans are now joining the Codex ranks:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Aermas said:
I just got banned from Bioware's forum because I was asking if Stanley Woo had changed is avatar because to a thing a tried to start called Re-Volus-ion. Bioware is getting way out of hand. It's ridiculous

Soon we will have an army worthy of Mordor.

Yes, I freely admit that I am a reformed Biodrone. I used to have homoerotic fantasies about Gaider, and spend long nights wondering about the color of Tali's pubes.

When they released ME2, I went into complete denial. Quel horreur! Surely this must be just a one off dumbing down. Kill the haters on the bio forums who think this is the beginning of the end!! Woo - shut down the disssent! Stamp out the trolls! All hail Gaider!

Now here I am, at the gates of the codex, illusions shattered ... heck, even removed the Tali wallpaper from my desktop.

To any other refugees - approximately how long before you can be rehabilitated into society, abd what lasting damage should I expect?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Befuddled Halfling said:
approximately how long before you can be rehabilitated into society, abd what lasting damage should I expect?

The proper Codexian way would not be dissimilar to that of the Imperium of Man. You will be lobotomised and transformed into a servitor, then given a job for the good of all, like making LPs :smug:

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Storyfag said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
approximately how long before you can be rehabilitated into society, abd what lasting damage should I expect?

The proper Codexian way would not be dissimilar to that of the Imperium of Man. You will be lobotomised and transformed into a servitor, then given a job for the good of all, like making LPs :smug:

Correct. This is the only way. Even a man who has nothing can still give his life.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This was discovered by /v/, yet the Codex still remains as the face of the Adversary for Biofaggots.

Edit: The reason they do this is because EA pays their employees bonuses for favorable metacritic scores.

Monocause

Arcane
Probably because:

1) RPGCodex is a traditional forum, not an imageboard, and you can find all the Bioware hate you need dating back as early as 2003. Also /v/ has nothing like our Best Thread Ever which contains enough material to make Woo end-of-line his butt.

2) Flaming the 'dex yields no risk. Going too far in flaming anything 4chan related might end up with napalm dropped on your house and 40 hookers with 40 pizza boxes daily coming to ask for their cash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom