Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

ironyuri

Fluffer ironyuri reporting for semen duty, sir.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
10 bravery, lets do this! Comrade Malakalov reporting for duty. Give me the heaviest weapon avaiable and lowest accuracy too.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As expected. :love:

Azira reporting for more cannonfodder duty. He was reanimated in an unholy ritual, so he can be killed again. And again. As often as is necessary. And as long as he gets the honourable duty of storming subs. :smug: :salute:

spekkio

Arcane
pftejl.jpg

That went close to perfect as for 1st sub.

:bravo:

korenzel said:
Not pictured : Warcupine panicking every single turn. He must be afraid of the dark.
From my expierience he should improve (given a chance). ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
korenzel said:
OSNvIl.jpg

Warcupine is ready to demonstrate swift justice. As per his training, he kneels, and triggers more reaction fire in the process. Zomg who was standing behind him takes the shot. He doesn't survive.
RIP Zomg :salute:.

:smug:

Alien turn, a door opens, an ominous throwing sound is heard.

3XZ7Dl.jpg

Look, what is that below Black's feet ? That's a primed alien pulser, that's what it is. The first strike team is wiped out.
RIP Azira :salute:, Black :salute: and Overweight Manatee :salute:, your sacrifices won't be in vain.

:salute:

Not pictured : Warcupine panicking every single turn. He must be afraid of the dark.

:oops:

Yeah, that bravery stat's gonna bite me in tha ass. Hard.

FocK1l.jpg

Zomg

Arbiter
damn I did not get a narrative arc there. Zomg II resolves to get killed by an alien that is actually shooting at him

eklektyk

Erudite
Darth Roxor said:
Black Bart Charley throws a flare, and receives a sonic blast as answer.

:lol:

Excellent slaughter. I love X-Com :love:

achh TFTD Delivers once more!!!

:salute:

Recruit eklektyk reports for DUty!! [here hopin for at least one kill-preferably alien-before my untimely demise :M ]

Black

Arcane
Life was short but eventful. Let's hope our second life will also deliver.
Black II reporting for (C)annon Fodder.

Only 8 dead? I survived 1.5 missions? Great Success!

Overweight Manatee II wants to return as the designated explosive containment device.

Only eight? Weak.

Stale, forgotten memes aside, send my stitched-together corpse back into the front. I think it might be better to set up death tallies near some Codexer's names....we haven't even gotten to see lobstermen, molecular control, or tentaculat rape yet.

korenzel

Educated
omgArl.jpg

Research on alien grenades is started immediately. They will be our main weapon until we get sonic weaponry and decent accuracy.

Now, for some more soldiers :

rPobBl.jpg

3SLaUl.jpg

mzaW1l.jpg

iZPcSl.jpg

nJqMNl.jpg

Back to the game. Despite the recent losses, we still have enough soldiers for a full Codex mission. Such enthusiasm!

ERN1tl.jpg

Triton spots a large sub near Antarctic. I send barracudas to pursue with order NOT to engage. We follow it for a while and lose track of it somewhere around the north pole.

o71Fql.jpg

A small sub is spotted by a barracuda. Both interceptors are sent in pursuit.

c5O6cl.jpg

Again, it escapes our dual Ajax interceptor. I think I'll switch to DUP torpedoes on this one too, so far it hasn't been able to down anything.

Pk6cUl.jpg

The other barracuda manages to finally damage a sub enough to bring it down, with two torpedoes.

ZOAGTl.jpg

The base is coming along nicely. Everything is built but the large array sonar. We need money for some scientists, so the Triton is sent to recover the sub at dawn.

gQEHll.jpg

And it makes it there before aliens have repaired their ship or scattered away.

94acWl.jpg

The mission is much like the other one, except some aliens have already been killed and the sub has lost some of its valuable equipment.

Dvlxzl.jpg

No aliens waiting for us right outside this time. Troops are deployed. Warcupine spots an aquatoid creeping up behind the sub.

Czkwkl.jpg

Spekkio shoots but misses. So does everyone else. Garfunkel arms a grenade and throws it down chzr's feet. chzr picks it up and lobs it above the sub towards the alien. End of turn brings alien death in a small explosion.

gjkYll.jpg

The alien sub is very close to ours, once again.

khq87l.jpg

Merk spots an alien and throws a grenade after Rabidredneck and Luscious Pear miss all their shots. It turns out alright, but we need to work on some accuracy.

HdZeBl.jpg

Roxorowski spots an alien on the other side of the sub. A grenade by Storyfag ends up right on his feet. It's enough to bring him down.

68WgPl.jpg

Rabidredneck has taken position on a hill to the west. Merk spots yet another alien and radios his position to the sniper. Rabidredneck's aimed shot doesn't miss for once, and the alien blows up.

V77B0l.jpg

Another alien spotted.

tP2Y3l.jpg

Warcupine does the honor after Rabidredneck misses yet again.

Z7BfJl.jpg

Stasgard is shot by something from the sub. I thought I had a mine down there, but apparently not, or it landed on the ceiling.
RIP Stasgard :salute:

y869gl.jpg

I do have a mine but it's too far away. Storyfag fixes his mistakes and throws another one.

FSk8wl.jpg

This time, all goes according to plan.

UoioXl.jpg

There is another alien roaming around the sub doors. He shoots at 20 Eyes, the first bullet misses. The other, doesn't.
RIP 20 Eyes :salute:

soNdkl.jpg

Roxorowski explores the last corner of the map and pays the price. I thought it was clear, but an alien was hiding in the coral.
RIP Roxorowski :salute:

r8DMWl.jpg

Rabidredneck takes swift revenge.

MC7Asl.jpg

DosBox or the game freaked out. Here you can see an abstract representation of a reaction fire from Merk. He kills the last alien and ends the mission.

MDRT3l.jpg

Victory is ours, at a relatively small cost. The Sub wasn't damaged at all despite the two DUP torpedoes it took. All the better for us.

YlGFPl.jpg

Well deserved promotions.

ixcS5l.jpg

We sell our loot and order more stuff.

j9vhul.jpg

Few days later, scientists pay off!

l8FBwl.jpg

We can now use the Sonic Pulser. Its damage is high and area of effect wide. It's more powerful than magna-pack explosives and lighter, so it can be thrown further away. Aliens usually carry a couple of those so we'll hardly need to manyfacture any. A mainstay in our arsenal for the rest of the game.

2GQnml.jpg

The Triton's new loadout. I still keep some motion sensor grenade for sub entrances and low powered grenades until our stocks of pulsers rise. With the recent sub missions and the addition to our weaponry, things are looking up. We might make it out alive after all.

cMM9fl.jpg

...or not.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, ensign Roxorowski was not supposed to die this fast.

Regardless, his twin brother Darthowicz wishes to enlist with great vengeance.

cMM9fl.jpg

Hahahaha, oh wow. Was nice knowing you guys :incline:

Black

Arcane
Huh, didn't think this LP would come to an end so fast :salute:

korenzel

Educated
Good thing I started building the second base so soon, right ?

In my previous game, I was also attacked in January. Repeatedly. The base succumbed on the third assault, and I had to wait until March for my backup base to be up to speed. By this time lobstermen and tasoths were the default sub and terror enemies. Fun.

We should be alright. I have ordered loads of proximity mines, and we have 20 soldiers to hunt down leftovers in the airlock and sub pens.

EDIT : alas, I can't rename troops while in tactical mode and I didn't think of doing it when replacements arrived. As such, there will be some random soldiers for the next mission instead of codexians eager for glory. Most are codexians though.

JoKa

Cipher
i want to be one of the brave defenders, if possible :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom