Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

eklektyk

Erudite
Ulminati said:
Curses! Killed by treacherous eklektyk! :x

Warcupine II will avenge me.

sorry BrO :oops:

yet in my first mission i got my alien and friendlyfire kills :M

now only thing left is to die gloriously by some blast in the back from other brotastic x-com meatshield :salute:

ps. go for armor since You like nades or failing that - drills are always fun :P

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Go for the sonic weapons. Some actual ranged shooting wouldnt hurt.

And I have my 10 bravery! Lets do this.

lightbane

Arcane
I vote for drills, because these will pierce the heavens!!!

Also, Korenzel, don't forget to add Lightbane mk 2 as an assigned soldier.

spekkio

Arcane
korenzel said:
RIP Spekkio, your death will weight heavily upon your comrades.

:cry:

1kI7P.png

Lucky Drog is lucky. :/

Play it safe - go with:
C - Armor & MedKits

korenzel

Educated
Vote is over, let's see what we have. Some people voted for multiple options, I'm going to assume they placed their preferred choice first. Counting only first choices, we have :

Sonics - 4 votes
Drills - 9 votes
Armor - 9 votes
M.C. - 0 votes
Misc - 1 vote

Drills and Armor and tied, so let's take a look at second choices :

Drills - 3
Armor - 2

We have a winner! Drills it is then.

korenzel

Educated
UPDATE 6 - Sacrifice

USmCs.png

We begin researching alien morphology, to better know how to pierce it. Gill men are the first step.

7G69J.png

Our base extends and sets up construction of new quarters and laboratories, for faster research.

Pnegu.png

Some technicians are also hired, since we should get the first results relatively soon.

7EwwS.png

The Triton spots a sub in the usual spot : near Antarctic. We lose track of it after following it for a while.

0IoYX.png

BKU9X.png

More soldiers come reinforce our current troops.

uaWUI.png

The second base is now online. Only a sonar station for now, much more later.

8bzPo.png

Another small sub in the usual location.

4uZDP.png

This time we go on the offensive, and manage to down the sub.

sfSqr.png

The second base starts expanding, we need to have a foothold closer to Antarctic, all the aliens seem to come from there.

rNh8y.png

And we send our mighty troopers to recover the crashed sub.

8LTn3.png

Alien takes a shot at Overweight Manatee II while he's waiting for action.
RIP Overweight Manatee :salute:

GErmv.png

Hoverdog sends the aquatoid a rocket. Another kill for our champion sniper.

78aHa.png

One more alien lurking in the shadows. This time the target ZomgII. As usual, the shot doesn't miss.
RIP Zomg II :salute:

eYlzx.png

Black II runs forward to spot the alien responsible, and once discovered, Hoverdog deals with him.

c6a2B.png

An aquatoid is seen waiting in ambush, but facing the wrong side. Rabidredneck tries a shot but misses.

fzsrN.png

eklektyk shows him how it's done.

T15Kf.png

Another alien ambusher, this time discovered by Yeesh II.

ggSIj.png

dextermorgan arms and throws a grenade at the aquatoid's feet. The resulting blast is strong enough to kill it.

By1rv.png

An alien in the sub manages to ambush Yeesh II.
RIP Yeesh II :salute:

wqwpa.png

Edward R Murrow lets loose his Gas Cannon and shoots rocket after rocket in the sub. After many rounds, it finally finds its target, kills the last alien and ends the mission.

O9HOA.png

The sub is recovered, we killed quite a few aliens after all, and got a good amount of loot.

U4mv5.png

Aliens are getting active in the Indian Ocean. Since China is one of our biggest funding nation, a sonar station is started there.

tY9Tv.png

Technicians arrive and are started on Gauss Pistol for now. These weapons will be sold as toys, since no one on earth will ever see any ammo for it.

DecCX.png

Science progresses fast, and we get our first results.

mOgMn.png

Now that we know more about normal aliens, let's research the sturdiest we ever met.

D5G67.png

6mP7V.png

More soldiers arrive, replacing those lost in the last battle.

ZnYn6.png

We spot a very small sub in the eastern African coast.

EpFu3.png

A Barracuda is sent after it, and when it starts running out of fuel, engages. The sub doesn't survive a D.U.P torpedo. Too bad, but it was so small it couldn't have contained much.

TKF2R.png

Scientists make steady progress, and finish their analysis of Calcinites.

aO4DY.png

Now we are ready to get into the heart of the matter, and begin research on the Vibro Blade.

m4Rj7.png

A sub is discovered very close to our base. Probably a scout for alien retaliation, it must not get away!

AMGyU.png

It doesn't. The Triton is there swiftly and we begin our assault.

tGNcR.png

First alien is discovered looking the wrong way.

Aj95G.png

Hoverdog is as ready as ever, and adds a notch to his gun.

cLOOd.png

dextermorgan spots an aquatoid far too close to his liking. He asks for grenade support and runs away.

V92XI.png

Bee does a good throw, and lands a grenade right next to the alien.

IcAfR.png

While not a direct hit, the blast manages to bring the alien down.

cMX6N.png

Proximity mines were placed as soon as the sub was seen. Once again, they do their job well.

pgPgT.png

An alien is spotted creeping near the northern border. ironyuri deals with him, and earns his first kill.

ZFpSM.png

Ashery shoot in a crack in the sub and kills an unseen alien. Good intuition there soldier, we'll have to get you a MC implant as soon as possible.

vhAW8.png

An aquatoid medic panics and begins screaming. It's somewhere in there, probably the last alien of the crew.

AbWMa.png

But both entrances are guarded by mines and the alien doesn't seem to want to get out...

-----------------------------------

I'll need a volunteer to brave the proximity mines, and probably die in the resulting blast. Soldiers currently on mission are :

Slaughter, Rabidredneck, RK47, dextermorgan, storyfag, Black II, Edward R Murrow II, Ashery, Bee, Oscar, eklektyk, Darthowicz, ironyuri, Hoverdog

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'd like to voulenteer the trecherous eklektyk who shot Warcupine in the back :rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
*Scribbles on a piece of coral*

"Give this to my family, tell them..."

"I died for the clear blue ocean."

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Very good LP. It's nice to see so much metagaming over a game that is, for once, really worth it. We're not talking metagaming over games who need metagaming to win like I need a second asshole, such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate or ToEE, but "TFTD Superhuman Iron Man". :salute:
You are not only a good player but a nice tale teller too, good screenshots and concise, to the point, comments. And the little words for every fallen soldier are a nice touch too.
Real good job, whatever you might be IRL, you're a fine gentleman as far as Codexers go. Thanks a lot for the enjoyment. ;)

Black

Arcane
Ulminati said:
I'd like to voulenteer the trecherous eklektyk who shot Warcupine in the back :rpgcodex:
I agree, we've got enough troubles as it is, we don't need silly trolls shooting us in the back.
Have fun, eklektyk!

ironyuri

An alien is spotted creeping near the northern border. ironyuri deals with him, and earns his first kill.

:yeah:

ironyuri will brave proximity mines under eyes of glorious comrade Stalin! FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
True to form, Azira, in any incarnation, has yet to survive a single mission. If there ever was a name fit for a meatshield, it is this one. :salute: :salute: :salute:

pajak713

Educated
RIP Overweight Manatee
RIP Zomg II
RIP Yeesh II

:salute: They were good soldiers. Not very durable, but very good indeed.

Also - every death, may it be the most tragic one - :incline:
I'll need a volunteer to brave the proximity mines, and probably die in the resulting blast. Soldiers currently on mission are :

You'll need a volunteer to brave the proximity mines, and probably become a hero, possibly resulting in a weekend off duty.
You can't just say "you gonna die" to any volunteer like some sort of New Orleans fortune teller :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
Seconded (thirded?).

Great job overall.

I always play with MC OFF and Perma Daylight, so some of the tactics are :M but still:

:thumbsup:

Black

Arcane
I don't know how differently MC works in TFTD but in EU I think it's the weakest part of the game.
There's no good way to defend against it at the beginning (and god help you if you don't manage to get a sectoid leader before ethereals show up) but once you have it you can basically drive around with a tank and break the game with MCing poor aliens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom