Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

JoKa

Cipher
joka2 reregistering...please use me (and any future clones!) for the dirtiest work - stunrods against lobstermen would be fitting.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
14549man_from_atlantis_.jpg

The Foundation For Oceanic Research wishes to express its support to X-Com brave aquanauts by sending a full crate of yellow scuba briefs.

Gondolin

Arcane
korenzel said:
MacGond isn't dead yet, and remains our best grenadier and highest ranking officer, despite his rather weak MC defenses. The waiting line is rather long, I'll add you when he dies or if we run out of soldiers.

Myeah, but you should get rid of him at some point (soon) anyway.

GhostHardware

Novice
Darth Roxor said:
Eklektyk should have his tag changed from sharpshooter to commissar, given how most of his kills are against teammates
I fully support this movement. What would be X-Com LP without someone going totally batshit insane and trying to gain total power killing his teammates in the process?

korenzel

Educated
Stereotypical Villain said:
Aryan SV died several times in TFD past... but in the future nigger SV survives.

Which is worse and why? Discuss.
Does it bother you? I can't see gender or ethnicity until soldiers actually enter a mission, but I could always assign you another one. You might end up a tranny though.

----------------------------------------

UPDATE 13 - Bigger Guns

This time, aquanauts know a little more about what to expect in the colony. Identified M.C. targets should make it less of an issue, and allow the smooth recovery of an alien tactical nuclear device.

5zUjZ.png

Here we go again. This time, no one has anything equipped but drills, except the proven veterans from the last mission who were not targeted once by M.C.

TWZV1.png

The door is open and flares are thrown. This is a highly stressful moment, as a reaction fire from a Thermal Shock or Disruptor Pulse Launcher could finish the mission in one fell swoop. Thankfully, we only spot another Hallucinoid.

nM0Tv.png

Darthowicz grabs a sonic cannon and shoots the beast, then drops his gun.

9T2zU.png

eklektyk is known to be M.C. resistant, so he can keep his. Besides, he earns another kill.

GfNab.png

The following turn, Darthowicz is targeted by a series of M.C. attempts and runs out of the sub in panic. He stops dead on his track, in direct view of a bunch of Tasoths and Tentaculats.

psN0T.png

Two pulsers are thrown to deal with the enemies. The first one kills the floating brain.

qeAYq.png

The second one deals with the Tasoth.

eMDXr.png

Rookies armed with drills fan out and begin searching for a Tasoth soldier carrying what we're looking for.

hHKUK.png

But the soon start hearing voices, and they join the alien cause. Zdzisiu succumbs in only one attempt.

hW9io.png

So does Hoverpies.

IxL7I.png

GhostHardware runs around for the complex entrance after Darthowicz is shot by some camping snipers.
Another alien, facing away, is carrying a Disruptor Pulse Launcher! So close to us, and yet so far.
RIP Darthowicz :salute:, at least you helped our team discover a safe route.

i4kfb.png

The assault team, GhostHardware and Pope Amole, encounters a Tasoth guarding the colony entrance. Neither soldier move an inch in fear of reaction fire.

sZDCH.png

MacGond is targeted by M.C. again.

70SDz.png

The guard doesn't look like he wants to move, and actually called for reinforcements.

YR9GO.png

The aliens are still sitting in their little command post. Hellraiser has an idea and requests a grenade.

c30Kh.png

He gets one and relays it to the top floor through the little balcony.

Njfkm.png

The explosion doesn't kill any alien, but hopefully wounds them a little.

GKZyX.png

The aquatoid manages to open the colony door before running away! The Tasoth shoots at the now visible targets.

6WVqr.png

The alien makes short work of GhostHardware and runs away.
RIP GhostHardware :salute:, without your sacrifice we could have been stuck there forever.

lsh9a.png

Hellraiser joins the team of permanent turncoats. We now have four soldiers constantly under alien control, and others succumbing to panic attacks here and there.

cA59D.png

Sometimes the alien fail to control some of them, but they're so demoralized that they panic or go berserk and can't do anything.

Zd08c.png

Merk resisted as best he can but he couldn't hold any longer. He joins the permanently molecular controlled squad.

YM9uK.png

Pope Amole, now the only sane aquanaut near the colony doors, is thrown a grenade that he relays to the top floor.

rz6vJ.png

It blows up and kills two Tasoths.

9g3aQ.png

If the eastern one is the Sonic Cannon lizardman, then the other one must be the DPL wielding one! We're getting closer to accomplishing our objective, too bad aquanauts can't take off their diving boots and swim up to it.

RbGsQ.png

The assault team regroups, ignoring the crazy babbles of their brethren on the way.

pllbw.png

They successfully manage to enter the first room. The elevator is just a couple of steps away.

jIrrY.png

Pope Amole runs for it and is shot by a Tasoth hiding in a corner.
RIP Pope Amole :salute:, you were one of the few soldiers to resist panic attacks reliably.

aNImA.png

More soldiers rush out and get ready to assault the place properly. Stereotypical Villain spots a guard but Yeesh III can't see it and therefore, can't attack it.

09yVl.png

Zomg III is thrown a sonic cannon and blows up part of the wall.

quFOV.png

The first shot doesn't do the trick, but the second one reveals the alien for all to see.

3sDWE.png

Yeesh III can therefore take revenge for all the panic attacks he suffers every turn, and that brings his morale back up a bit. The way to the elevator is clear, Stereotypical Villain runs for it.

v75pi.png

And makes it to the second floor. It's there, laying at his feet.

Qr01U.png

A tentaculat springs out of the western door, and turns Zomg III into a zombie.
RIP Zomg III :salute:, this incarnation truly had potential.

NHxbn.png

Stereotypical Villain grabs the gun, some ammo and begins to run for it. However, he finds an alien as he turns away.

Mrrem.png

He grabs his drill and deals with it. Yeesh III, to the east, gets a Sonic Cannon and a couple pulser off the dead alien. It's time to retreat, but the M.C. is still going strong and a Tentaculat is lurking nearby.

2QHLh.png

Sergiu64 kills the zombified Zomg III. A Tentaculat sprouts off the dead body.

vb7fP.png

Two thermic lance strikes later, the way is clear, but the initial Tentaculat hasn't been killed yet, and knows where we are.

I8K7c.png

Stereotypical Villain runs for the sub with our booty. He ignores the traitors as he passes them by.

LGpHG.png

Hellraiser manages to succeed in defending his mind against alien assaults, and is turned into a zombie by the Tentaculat as a result.
RIP Hellraiser :salute:, you helped us cover our retreat from the dreaded alien and for that, we thank you.

DTiBD.png

Sergiu64 moves up and deals with the Tentaculat first.

lv6xX.png

Then with the remnants of Hellraiser.

VV8rz.png

And finally with the spawned Tentaculat. With what little TU he has left, he runs for the sub.

cLME2.png

Stereotypical Villain makes it into the sub. We can now abort the mission, but we will give Sergiu64, Yeesh III, and all the M.C. soldiers a chance.

Kx1NJ.png

Yeesh III and Sergiu64 are safe! Our four permanently controlled soldiers embraced their new overlords, and don't show any sign they want to come back.

hUiTv.png

Turns pass and none of the controlled soldiers regain their senses. The Triton dusts off, leaving them behind. May you live a happy and productive life under alien leadership:
MacGond :salute:, our officer, who helped keep morale high when things looked grim, who provided such useful grenade support
Merkwürdigliebe II :salute:, a fine grenadier with a most promising start
Zdzisiu :salute:, you apparently joined X-Com just to meet some aliens, and you did.
Hoverpies :salute:, your career in X-Com was short, maybe the aliens will provide you with a better workplace.

uN7tP.png

The rating is surprising considering how much we lost for a single gun. Since we could have captured the live Tasoth without any casualty last mission, the Disruptor Pulse Launcher cost us thirteen lives. Was it worth it ? We shall see.

7H5Mj.png

With MacGond's treason, eklektyk finally gets the promotion he so long sought.

HQs30.png

We hire more soldiers to reinforce the current skeleton crew.

zSdHk.png

And I check that we didn't do all this for nothing. It's there, sitting in our stock, waiting to be researched. Which is what we will do as soon as the sonic line is finished.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Damn, transformed into a slave without even as much as seeing an alien.

Add my next incarnation to the waiting list.

korenzel said:
Turns pass and none of the controlled soldiers regain their senses. The Triton dusts off, leaving them behind. May you live a happy and productive life under alien leadership:
MacGond :salute:, our officer, who helped keep morale high when things looked grim, who provided such useful grenade support
Merkwürdigliebe II :salute:, a fine grenadier with a most promising start
Zdzisiu :salute:, you apparently joined X-Com just to meet some aliens, and you did.
Hoverpies :salute:, your career in X-Com was short, maybe the aliens will provide you with a better workplace.

Noooo I don't want to become a Dee(r)p one. :(

Speaking of deep ones, do you have to get one and then research plastic armor for other armor type research to open up? In my current game I'm a few months in, going quite well over all. However I'm yet to encounter a single derp one leaving my squads currently unarmored and very squishy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Goddammit, you don't use your officers as cannon fodder scouts :x

Darthowicz's cousin Roxorowicz stands tall to wipe off this travesty

Black

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
But that's the only good way :smug:
Leaving your higher ranking officers in the sub is boring.

Also, shame on fags who only lived to become sex slaves for tentacle monsters from the deep :decline:

korenzel

Educated
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Speaking of deep ones, do you have to get one and then research plastic armor for other armor type research to open up? In my current game I'm a few months in, going quite well over all. However I'm yet to encounter a single derp one leaving my squads currently unarmored and very squishy.
It depends on your game version. Unpatched, which is what I use, doesn't require a Deep One to get the best armor, but requires a Lobsterman Navigator. They show up often is large subs or during colony assaults, but capturing one is much harder than getting a Deep One. In v2 I believe you need a Deep One for any kind of armor, both a dead and a live one.

Darth Roxor said:

Darthowicz's cousin Roxorowicz stands tall to wipe off this travesty
You ran out of the sub on your own.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
07.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom