Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

Yeesh

Magister
korenzel said:
Yeesh III is shot down by a hidden alien below or on the stairs.
RIP Yeesh III , you had survived so much, it's a shock to everyone to see your death arrive.
God damn it.

Put me back in, coach. I have a good feeling about this next incarnation. I just know I can help turn April around. Or some other month.

kazgar

Arcane
kazgar falls under molecular control. And will remain that way for the rest of the mission.
Good Bye kazgar :salute:, may you be happy with your new green and yellow friends

sorry about that team, and the breaking out to scare people away at the last moment thing.

Fire up another clone onto the list when its ready.

ironyuri

Code:
eklektyk and ironyuri shoot down walls to get a visual on the alien that killed dextermorgan.

pulp_fiction,0.jpg

ironyuri is the next target of Molecular Controllers on the alien side. He's armed with a Sonic Cannon, that's very dangerous.

:smug:

Sergiu64 stuns ironyuri before he goes under alien control of shoots his gun in a berserk rage.

:salute:

With four survivors, and the stunned ironyuri, the Triton dusts off and leaves the cruise ship to the alien.

:incline:

Promotions overdue for the outstanding last mission performance of two soldiers are finally awarded.

:incline:

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tripjack and ironyuri conspired for my fall since they did not get their promotion last time around. Backstabbing in the ranks! Is this what x-com has come to?
Manly sibling of Golgepapaz Bir , Golgepapaz İki comes to set things alright

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Wow. That was a slaughter. It always seems to me that as soon as you're doing too good for a month (or two) that the aliens start launching all sorts of base building and terror missions. Making the game considerably harder.

Good luck with this month. Keeping the funding of all nations involved is paramount.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ship terror missions were what made me quit the game last time I tried to replay it. They're simply too tedious, all that running around rustling up the spare alien who doesn't want to be found.. :P

:salute: for trying. Now to try and rectify that horrible score. :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Truly my luck is horrible. Its time to change it. Ensign Mal reporting for duty. Let it last more than one mission...

TripJack

Hedonist
golgepapaz said:
Tripjack and ironyuri conspired for my fall since they did not get their promotion last time around. Backstabbing in the ranks! Is this what x-com has come to?
:smug:

korenzel

Educated
UPDATE 16 - Score Race, part 1

rOWmV.png

A dreadnought is found as soon as the remnants of Triton-1's assault team make it back to the base.

c7RRZ.png

It hovers around China base but eventually goes away.

h4fBJ.png

We also lost some melee equipment in the last mission fiasco. More drills are ordered.

R47gi.png

The very large sub is discovered touched down near Japan. There's nothing we can do about it, as reinforcements have yet to arrive.

NLYYr.png

It doesn't stay immobile too long anyway. Another victory for the aliens.

wOXym.png

A first batch of soldiers arrive in Atlantic-1.

MQ3zR.png

And the defenders of Pacific-1 take their quarters.

jDzAr.png

Pacific-1 scientists are started on the Medi-Kit. They'll research the armor line.

oNUYf.png

Pacific-1 expands to house another sub, and adds lodgings for humans and aliens.

Da44v.png

Reinforcements arrive in Atlantic-1. We're now back at full strength.

kAfKn.png

Few days later, scientists finally finish their research on the Sonic Oscillator. This craft weapon has the longest range, and doesn't require any ammo.

dChXm.png

Immediately, construction of 6 units begins. All our interceptors will make the switch to dual oscillators, in case they get in range of supply or terror subs in the future.

VsnDy.png

Barracuda-1 gets the first two units.

KK3gJ.png

Pacific-1's science team pays off quickly, and designs a compact healing system.

m9zcl.png

A very small sub is found in the south Atlantic.

SQPmz.png

The sonic oscillators disintegrate the sub.

Lyq1G.png

Constant patrols by Barracuda-1 and Triton-1 are done in the colony's location, in hopes of catching a supply ship.

rzXH8.png

China-1's sonar picks up a small sub.

7CEv6.png

Its barracuda hasn't received oscillators yet, but torpedoes do their job for one last time.

l3ZpN.png

Atlantic-1's scientists figure out the alien power source. We've been using it for months now to manufacture weapons and ammo, but I guess it can't hurt to finally know what it is.

CVszM.png

Especially since it leads to understanding the inner workings of the Disruptor Pulse Launcher.

IZ99v.png

Aquanauts are sent to recover the sub near China. We need all the points we can get.

OGgrL.png

Edward R Murrow finds a shadow to his left.

SFRMR.png

It's dealt with in proper X-Com fashion : with a grenade.

X30Of.png

The cadaver is that of an aquatoid.

7UAXS.png

A heavily armed alien walks straight past Undead Phoenix, without spotting him.

tMDPV.png

Azira is handed a grenade that he lands at the alien's feet.

UO7Nm.png

Undead Phoenix discovers an ambush to the west.

4wHcN.png

Azira IV is doing quite good. A second kill for him.

WpiqV.png

Roxorowicz comes face to face with an aquatoid.

QQOD0.png

Edward R Murrow practices his shooting and scores a hit!

GqoOa.png

The sub is found close to the west. It looks quite blasted.

pFyso.png

Alien movement in discovered in the sub.

KI1xE.png

Roxorowicz goes in pursuit but the alien turned back and waited in ambush!
RIP Roxorowicz :salute:, you couldn't predict the aquatoid would turn around.

mWo8Z.png

goodlittletoastboy fails to throw a pulser in the crack. His grenade bounces off the hull and lands in range of both Stereotypical Villain, and Edward R Murrow... Neither of which can move.

ryVYM.png

He runs to try and fix his mistake, but is short 5 TUs.

3Xzch.png

Another pulser is thrown to at least deal with alien, but it lands on the sub roof.

bwbSM.png

goodlittletoastboy's pulser blows off, and kills our three soldiers, while leaving the aquatoid unharmed.
RIP goodlittletoastboy :salute:, you tried to fix your mistake instead of running away. Brave, but foolish.
RIP Stereotypical Villain :salute:, you were too tired to take another step, and that cost you your life.
RIP Edward R Murrow :salute:, you were there to provide covering fire, and paid the price for your bravery.

The alien then casually walks off the sub's front doors, and trips on a proximity mine, ending the mission...

grFoh.png

No mission report, but we had 4 KIA and got about 10 aliens. Our score raises for about 30 points.
Since we have recruited many soldiers, promotions are awarded liberally.

e5xox.png

Selling the loot earns us about a million, so it was definitely worth it.

h0iKJ.png

Pacific base finishes the autopsy of a Deep One.

qM2bx.png

And scientists begin research on aqua plastics.

Zafew.png

Soldiers arrive to replace the recent losses.

ZjS42.png

Atlantic base finishes research on disruptor ammo. We need the launcher to make use of them though. And we can't manufacture ammo until the gun is also researched.

MK6ad.png

A small sub is found, once again in the China sea.

HMjOP.png

Our brand new sonic oscillators bring it down.

6OY0e.png

Scientists finish analysis of the aqua plastic substance.
Applying it to personal armor will take time but we're looking into it.

6HV3m.png

A very small sub is found.

I43AL.png

And is vaporized by our interceptor in one shot.

YImK4.png

Aquanauts are sent to recover the downed sub near China, while Command anxiously looks at reports from scientists assigned to the Disruptor Pulse Launcher analysis. It's going too slow, progress is barely average and we're nearing the end of the month.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, ffs.

You can add Darthowski to the unit roster : x

And I see Eklektyk is doing real damn fine in his campaign of a commissar

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*checks stats*

Looks like I'm totally useless (again) except for tossing grenades. Load me up, bro.

And am I reading that tiny screenshot right, or do I have WAY too many "L"s in my name?

Oh, and you'll get another shipping route attack 30 minutes into the next month. For the rest of the game. Prepare thyselves.

korenzel

Educated
Apologies for the tiny soldier stats screenshots, I tried to make what would have been a long list a little shorter but went a little too far. Unkillable Cat 2 only has two 'l's, so all is good. You're far from useless though, remember we're very close to acquiring a new weapon that doesn't require any skill to use effectively. You may also have godly M.C. stats. As you're currently garrisoned on our pacific base in case it gets attacked, you won't go on a mission just yet, so you'll probably have access to more equipment before you see your first alien.

I actually thought goodlittletoastboy could reach the pulser in time, but forgot to take his elevated square into account. On flat land he would have made it. If my screw-up fits with the 60 bravery, all the better.

We have three bases but only one of which houses a strike team. Pacific-1 just recently received its garrison of rookies and will need some weapons manufactured and transferred to them, as well as a new Triton, before they can take on any mission.

Gondolin

Arcane
goodlittletoastboy's pulser blows off, and kills our three soldiers, while leaving the aquatoid unharmed.

What a clusterfuck. Fortunately, the troops will get personal armor and medikits pretty soon.

On the other hand I see that the fourth Gondolin has arrived at the Atlantic base. Good thing we come from an extended family. :D

pajak713

Educated
Well, it looks like a part of my bloodline is in action, too. I hope he will be more helpfull than the previous one.

RIP goodlittletoastboy , you tried to fix your mistake instead of running away. Brave, but foolish.
RIP Stereotypical Villain , you were too tired to take another step, and that cost you your life.
RIP Edward R Murrow , you were there to provide covering fire, and paid the price for your bravery.

If someone could read this to me, it would be music to my ears. :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom