Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

oscar

Arcane
Are me and that other fellow still recovering?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sure sure, as soon as I die easy missions start. Great.

Good luck on the colony.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
korenzel said:
ajrhc.png

Their target is the alien colony. Their mission is to nuke the place.

halien.jpg

GOOD !

I'm eagerly awaiting that fight. Godspeed ! :salute:

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
those newspaper articles are awesome, adds another more humane dimension to a stroy otherwise visceral,full of pain and tentacle rape.Kudos to the editor.A war correspondent next time maybe?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: A promotion before the slaughterhouse mission? Free beers before takeoff, lads. :salute:

Write your last letter to your loved ones b4 u go? ;)

korenzel

Educated
UPDATE 18 - Boom

06GwP.png

One last quick look at our score to remind us of our objective. We need about 250 points. Failure is not an option.

r6kZu.png

Shorty before noon, the Triton arrives at the colony site.

CZiK4.png

The mission starts as always, with flares being thrown to light up the way. A hallucinoid is discovered in the distance.

Kn5bB.png

A well thrown pusler by KickButt kills it.

0mi02.png

M.C. attacks start, Hellraiser II is targeted and storms out of the sub right away.

JH48z.png

Hellraiser wasn't shot in his mad sortie, so the way is mostly clear. Kickbutt peeks around the corner and spots one alien construction.

S6Mk4.png

We've already been in this area, and know the general layout. We in particular know where the balcony is, a balcony wide enough to allow passage of a guided missile. eklektyk and TripJack were the soldiers designed to carry the Disruptor Pulse Launchers, for their proven mental fortitude. TripJack begins programming his missile, then launches it.

Mwki1.png

The guided projectile follows its path closely and explodes when it hits the wall, bringing about massive death of at least one Tasoth, one Aquatoid, and one Hallucinoid or one Tentaculat.

fmvB4.png

Pope Amole II finds an alien carrying a dangerous weapon. A weapon he would rather have for himself.

qnGdK.png

Thrombone throws a pulser and the alien is no more.

YRzUm.png

Scouts have discovered a massive building in the center of the map. The first test showed that walls are torn apart by the power of the blast, so eklektyk plots a course for a missile.

6gJw9.png

The explosion destroys most of the northern hull.

5Vwrb.png

Now that the way is open, TripJack sends a missile in the inside of the building.

sN4tY.png

The massive blast kills Aquatoids and Tasoths.

Sr54t.png

KickButt finds an aquatoid guarding the entrance to the northern building.

Os1bZ.png

eklektyk launches a Disruptor torpedo towards the lower left corner of the central building. It kills some Tasoths and Tentaculats.

sMpov.png

TripJack hits another corner of the top level of the central building. More aliens meet their doom.

p2XqK.png

A pulser is thrown to deal with the aquatoid guard. Sadly, it blows the Disruptor Pulse Launcher the aquatoid we killed earlier was carrying.

eVFR3.png

Pope Amole finds a stunned, panicked Tasoth standing on the top level of the central building, surrounded by utter destruction.

hBzsX.png

KickButt throws a pulser by it lands far away.

9Ovey.png

Shots are heards inside the alien building, screams of rage and anguish. Nothing targeted to us, thankfully.

jCaa8.png

Oscar inherited TripJack's launcher after he was targeted by M.C., even though the latter succeeded in defending against the intrusion. We've seen the power of these weapons, and won't take any risk. He throws a pulser to deal with the earlier Tasoth and lands it right on target.

8SFXX.png

Hellraiser II falls under alien control. Disruptor Launchers are unloaded to prevent unwanted reaction fire.

ZNMAn.png

eklektyk programs a missile to follow a path to the lower level of the central building, taking advantage of the opening we can see in the distance.

lKOY5.png

The explosions kills many aliens. Tasoths, Aquatoids and Tentaculats are neutralized.

ltdb7.png

Two heavily armed Tasoth guard the way forward, but one has dropped his weapon in panic.

CT377.png

It's still dangerous, so Pope Amole runs away as he ears about Oscar's plan.

XXQvj.png

A torpedo is to fly low and explode far away from Pope Amole.

8sN7g.png

The path is followed precisely, and the blast kills one alien.

6rRtC.png

But the other is left standing ! To make things worse, a Tentaculat is also discovered.

fRtrA.png

eklektyk enters a tricky trajectory in his Disruptor Pulse Launcher.

A1ojm.png

The projectile is deadly accurate, and hits the Tentaculat as planned.

lwnMO.png

ironyuri falls under alien control. No surprise there.

4fVYw.png

Thrombone finds a large elevator in the center of the main building. Our entrance for the lower levels, no doubt.

tE8Hp.png

Hallucinoids are spotted in the distance.

O1HGC.png

More unarmed Tasoths as well.

G3q9p.png

Pope Amole got hold of a Disruptor Pulse Launcher from a dead alien, and is all too eager to test it. The torpedo obeys and hits the upper Tasoth.

0XkZB.png

Zdzisiu threw a grenade to deal with the Hallucinoid, but missed. It explodes without doing any damage.

6kTuR.png

An aquatoid, once again unarmed, patrols towards the target area.

xNYxA.png

Another pulser, this time well thrown, is used to deal with the eastern Tentaculat.

GNK9r.png

And Pope Amole plots another course for a torpedo, to deal with the aquatoid.

okGTz.png

Once again, the missile doesn't stray and explodes in the correct location.

Yr5WK.png

Zdzisiu's pulser kills the Hallucinoid.

QeOkh.png

Tasoths are getting mad, shooting around the building and dropping their weapons left and right.

zWvDn.png

A Tentaculat is found, waiting for a victim.

B0O7f.png

And another Tasoth on the upper platform.

14oee.png

eklektyk's torpedo doesn't miss.

xzcIs.png

Banelion shoots the Tasoth down.

HLty3.png

Another Hallucinoid to the south.

ixoXl.png

lightbane mk3 shoots at it, scores a hit but the beast is still alive.

BquVv.png

Banelion shoots but misses.

X9W5f.png

Oscar ends the monster's life.

ruX3L.png

But there was another, waiting in the shadows behind. It approaches our scout at an alarming rate.

xduPY.png

lightbane falls under alien control. He's armed with a Sonic Cannon, he has to be dealt with.

Z5jkB.png

Zdzisiu finds himself face to face with two giant jellyfishes.

AxBOf.png

Black Bart Charley stuns lightbane, before eklektyk shoots him down.

H7S9d.png

Our commander aims for the Hallucinoids instead.

Dt4cu.png

Our snipers are almost exhausted and both aliens are still alive. A Disruptor torpedo is used to deal with the first one.

MLOyy.png

Banelion finishes off the other.

OxRWz.png

Oscar uses our newly acquired MediKit to wake up lightbane. You're not sitting this one out, soldier.

LMnyu.png

KickButt is targeted by an intense M.C. attack. His launcher is unloaded, thankfully.

KOqyY.png

More aliens panic in the distance.

d17jh.png

But some don't.

j0TpL.png

Pope Amole II falls under alien control.

V13oZ.png

And KickButt succumbs too!

gqB2V.png

One Tasoth, probably a squad leader, awoke behind our soldiers' backs. Pope Amole's Disruptor is loaded, we would be very much at risk if he wasn't too overloaded to fire.

f6s4r.png

ironyuri is thrown a Sonic Cannon and shoots down the puppeteer. He then drops his gun.

QAyvW.png

Black Bart Charley finds a Tasoth far to the southwest.

QKTHN.png

But the real danger comes from the south! A hidden Tentaculat approaches at a rapid pace, and bites Hellraiser II!
RIP Hellraiser II :salute:, you channeled many M.C. attacks before your fall, and were a decent scout.

WEa8i.png

More aliens panic. Kill a dozen of them in a few turns and they all break down.

n7V9I.png

But some regain their senses, and continue their M.C. attacks.

RBE7B.png

ironyuri shoots down the alien Tentaculat, but noone can deal with the zombie just yet. Zdzisiu runs away as fast as he can, hoping the monster will be slower than him.

WcBMI.png

Meanwhile, Black Bart Charley finds more aliens.

xmbXM.png

Oscar launches his last torpedo, and both aliens blow up, as well as a large portion of the building walls.

XmRnK.png

Zdzisiu barely escaped the Zombie, and won't be able to run away much longer. lightbane shoot it down, and a much worse Tentaculat springs from the dead body.

2A5Wn.png

eklektyk takes careful aims, shoots, but misses and kills Zdzisiu !
RIP Zdzisiu II :salute:, you trusted eklektyk's perfect aim, and paid the price.

JfkJl.png

In case there was any doubt, eklektyk's accuracy is 103% ...

6qU9E.png

And the next turn, he misses again. Our commander has lost his touch.

3GYmr.png

lightbane however is on a roll. A good shot later the threat is gone.

IXg0Z.png

M.C. attacks have all but stopped, so the team begins gathering equipment on dead aliens and make for the central elevator. A Tasoth is found to the southwest.

LV04i.png

Oscar shoots it down.

17Qsn.png

Everyone is ready, we gathered no less than 3 more Disruptor Pulse Launchers, about a dozen torpedoes and a few valuable alien artifacts.

2Z8QS.png

Confident, our team embarks for the lower levels of the alien colony...

Black

Arcane
Son of a bitch!

Also, jesus christ, all those explosions.
I think now I know the origins of the tsunami that wrecked Japan.

dextermorgan

Arcane
korenzel said:
RIP Zdzisiu II :salute:, you trusted eklektyk's perfect aim, and paid the price.

JfkJl.png

In case there was any doubt, eklektyk's accuracy is 103% ...

Which leaves only one logical conclusion: this was no accident!

eklektyk

Erudite
Black said:
Son of a bitch!

He looked funny!
Im sure he wanted to defect...
DEATH to all Traitors!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well I guess that the challenging part is over now. Time to unload the WMDs on alien ass.

BTW does this one end with an assault on Cydonia too?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
eklektyk said:
Black said:
Son of a bitch!

He looked funny!

No, he looked alright, but he was about to look VERY funny in about 20 seconds.

In this case, you did the right thing. Euthanasia is not illegal in international waters. :salute:

dextermorgan

Arcane
I think he meant the base attack, not the overall game. He's still wrong, the second phase has a ton of rape potential, what with nasty corridors and alcoves packed with lobstermen that are equally lethal at range and up close, and can withstand a single disruptor rocket attack (in my experience), as well as tentaculats.

Fun fun fun.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Fuck, I manage to escape a tentarapecular just to be shot down by my fellow aquanaut?

And with 103% accuracy... I bet I was hit straight between the eyes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom