Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

oscar

Arcane
Officers first.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Considering my position within X-Com, I would like to vote C. However, considering that you have to manufacture every suit of armour and are cutting it a bit close as is, I'm gonna vote D.

Furthermore, I'm gonna suggest that scouts only get armour if they fulfill additional goals, such as actually being worthy (statwise) of wearing armour, and being proved to be psi-resistant.

This is no time to pick favourties based on Kodex opinion. Pick the aquanauts that get the job done.

And remember - terror mission right at the start of next month.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
16.jpg

ironyuri

D - need first.

Officers probably need it most unless you're leaving them in the sub, no?

TripJack

Hedonist
first to secret supreme commander tripjack then to puppet commander eklektyk then to lesser manboons

also, :salute: on the fantastic colony mission

anus_pounder

Arcane
Unkillable Cat said:
Considering my position within X-Com, I would like to vote C. However, considering that you have to manufacture every suit of armour and are cutting it a bit close as is, I'm gonna vote D.

Furthermore, I'm gonna suggest that scouts only get armour if they fulfill additional goals, such as actually being worthy (statwise) of wearing armour, and being proved to be psi-resistant.

This is no time to pick favourties based on Kodex opinion. Pick the aquanauts that get the job done.

And remember - terror mission right at the start of next month.

This.

DON'T drop nukes. Why stop what evidently seems to work? :thumbsup:

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
How the fuck did I miss this sweet, sweet LP I will never know.
The newspapers and the recruiting posters are top notch.
:love:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruit Krraloth is ready for action, sir.
Military runs in the family, sir.
My ancestor Krraloth was one of the heroes of the Battle Isles campaign, under spekkio's ancestor command.

In my family explosives expertise is taught at the tender age of 3 and those who survive the training are few but well groomed.

I have included a sample of the DNA of my ancestor for cloning purposes, feel free to use it as you see fit.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I vote whichever option gives my next incarnation a decent enough armor to actually do something...

RK47

Patron
Your death has alerted others to your attacker's presence. Your death, is therefore, not in vain.

:salute:

spekkio

Arcane
Go with

C

It's nice to see a TFTD LP made by someone who knows everything about the game (I've learned many new tactics already).

No hard feelings, GarfunkeL.

:oops:

RK47

Patron
18.jpg

Oh. Protect the leaders IMO.

Voting for D. That armor is earned, not given. :salute:

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
GarfunkeL said:
D - Officers only. Soldiers need to earn a kill to be allowed armor. Scouts who usually don't shoot a thing are unlikely to wear them before their death.

pajak713

Educated
D - Officers only. Soldiers need to earn a kill to be allowed armor. Scouts who usually don't shoot a thing are unlikely to wear them before their death.

It is only logical to protect your veterans. Someone already mentioned, that if a new recruit in armor would get MC, he would be harder to stop. This means no armor till you know for sure on wich side of the conflict you stand.

korenzel

Educated
ironyuri said:
D - need first.

Officers probably need it most unless you're leaving them in the sub, no?
That would be C then. Surprisingly enough, scouts rarely make it to officers and the few that do tend to die soon after... Therefore, most officers are snipers, who usually do stay a little behind.

Malakal said:
I vote whichever option gives my next incarnation a decent enough armor to actually do something...
So A, since you're neither a scout nor an officer in your coming life.

------------------------------------------

UPDATE 20 - Easy Start

tTo8i.png

The month begins with preparations for getting Pacific base ready for action. Two lieutenants are transferred to train and assist rookies in their first mission. Many soldiers are hired, so that Atlantic and Pacific both contain twenty aquanauts, and China a reduced defensive team of ten.

uSPmL.png

Atlantic-1 plans for expansion of its manufacturing power. It won't be ready for a month, but will double our capacity when built.

QRqyy.png

Pacific-1 follows the same path. We will probably sack some scientists at the end of the month to cut on salaries, and hire technicians instead.

muLbR.png

A small sub is discovered, while the team anxiously awaits the now usual first of month terror mission.

Xtx3k.png

Our interceptor doesn't let it escape.

sugxv.png

The crash site is relatively close by, so aquanauts are sent to recover the remains. Hopefully no terror mission will pop up while the Triton makes it back to the base.

yBj2L.png

Lobstermen. That's unfortunate but not unexpected.

gjs77.png

Another one is found, in a good sniping spot.

xQ2kT.png

Our own snipers manage to shoot at it while hidden by some corals. Oscar misses.

MlcO8.png

TripJack hits.

c6sYb.png

So does ironyuri.

ntjKg.png

And eklektyk. The lobster is still alive, but must be seriously wounded.

Vr020.png

Which is why a shot is narrowly dodged by KickButt.

OEiES.png

Pope Amole II isn't as lucky, as he finds an alien pulser thrown right on his feet.
RIP Pope Amole II :salute:, your sermons have given us courage in the darkest of times.

W8slW.png

lightbane open the Triton's door and spots the alien responsible.

OShRE.png

Occasionally Fatal, in a bold move, charges the beast and doesn't get shot in return. He promptly attacks it and kills it.

FKZVH.png

Looking around the corner, KickButt finds another alien, the one who tried to shoot him. TripJack shoots at it through a narrow path between rocks, and hits.

T4LdP.png

And eklektyk does the same, killing the monster once and for all.

dqynF.png

The sub is discovered to the southeast, hidden behind many rock formations. Our snipers will have a hard time, but melee approach should be doable.

tXinR.png

Black Bart Charley runs out of energy at the most crucial moment. We hear doors opening every turn, an alien is surely right behind it.

DnRbM.png

Thrombone II, approaching from the west, finds it.

lqc2O.png

There's not one alien in the ship, but four ! Black Bart Charley IV is shot down.
RIP Black Bart Charley IV :salute:, next time a few more push ups might save your life.

zxnxd.png

Another lobster shoots down Thrombone II.
RIP Thrombone II :salute:, your sniper support was almost there, you should have waited for them.

zJMgL.png

In the same turn, KickButt is also shot down by a lobsterman.
RIP KickButt :salute:, a few more days and you might have worn armor that could have saved your ass.

CELoF.png

Things aren't looking good. The sub is almost completely destroyed, so eklektyk gets ready to employ decisive measures.

Q8F1F.png

Occasionally Fatal kills an alien, bringing everyone's morale back up a bit.

bhk3s.png

He hides in the opposite side of the door, hoping to escape the lobster's wrath.
Meanwhile, snipers have finally found a line of fire, and begin firing on the lobstermen. Banelion hits.

hDpkn.png

Twice, with snap shots no less. He kills the lobster, two more to go.

VHd8Q.png

Aliens take revenge for the messy death Occasionally Fatal brought. He is shot down.
RIP Occasionally Fatal :salute:, one more step could have saved you.

uOLZ2.png

Gondolin IV charges the sub, and finds the shooter.

7b2E6.png

He looks around by cannot see the last alien. He begins reciting his prayers.

XcjiE.png

It works, as he dodges not one but two sonic rifle blasts !

cinDY.png

The alien is found in the last non visible corner.

bRu28.png

A swift attack, and the mission is over.

foHYf.png

Not exactly the best of results, we didn't get any Zrbite, and lost almost as many soldiers as we killed aliens.

NnhBg.png

With the recent wave of recruitment, promotions are once again awarded to many soldiers.

6Qh9A.png

Selling the loot from the last mission did earn us a little bit of money, so it wasn't all wasted.

tp6fa.png

Black IV arrives, alone.

eMhjm.png

Scientists finish their work on the Ion Beam Accelerators.

TEjKY.png

Now is finally the time to begin interrogations of our live specimens.

lIGsI.png

It is done in less than a day. Notice how the picture shows a Deep One wielding a gun. That will never happen.

A6ktc.png

This last research opened a world of new topics. Armors, aliens origins, M.C., so many choices...

CaCx0.png

We go for Armor, of course, since that was the second choice of the Codex a while back.

eC6MB.png

Soldiers arrive to reinforce Atlantic-1.

iAz4r.png

And more arrive to complete Pacific-1's garrison.

China-1 also received soldiers but since they won't be sent in any mission, I did not assign them names. Besides, we've almost run out of volunteers.

iTMIN.png

The Pacific strike team gets weapons and supplies for manufacture. Now they just need to wait a couple more days for their Triton.

3rho6.png

Ion Armor is developed. It is, simply put, twice as good as the Plastic Aqua Armor. It costs a little bit of Zrbite to make, but renders soldiers immune to sonic pistols, very resistant to rifles and a little less likely to die from one sonic cannon blast.

8lsJk.png

M.C. labs are next. M.C. is still far away, as labs need to be built, then soldiers have to spend a month inside before we can even begin training them.

vkMSq.png

Another small sub appears, a few days later.

LmkNv.png

It is downed by our Barracuda. The Triton is sent to recover it, as the aliens seem to have skipped their terror attack of the month.

Pope Amole

Educated
Eh, and Pope Amole II was so close to attaining his first promotion... Well, there's tons of able people in vatican, so find some free space for the newly selected Pope Amole III, for the aquanauts should not go to their death without an fully awesome next-gen sermon!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ha, Im S+ so I may live through a mission or two now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom