Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

spekkio

Arcane
Korenzel said:
aRyan demonstrates proper shooting, and kills the first foe.
Z4ze2.jpg

:obviously:

lightbane

Arcane
NnhBg.png

:smug: As expected, this model's performance is much better than previous ones, let's see how long it will last...

korenzel

Educated
anus_pounder said:
:salute: How far in the game are you, btw?
It's hard to say. Most of the urgent research is done, and further progress depends heavily on finding and capturing high ranking lobstermen. If the colony wasn't destroyed we would have a fresh source of crustaceans, but now we'll have to wait for another one to pop up, which can take a while since I shoot down most of their subs.

----------------------------------------------

UPDATE 23 - Perfection

When we last left off, the Atlantic team had just proven how good it was by achieving a nearly perfect recovery.

wdfRn.png

A soldier was forgotten among the latest batch of recruits in Pacific-1.

kx2Xc.png

A small sub hovers around Atlantic base for a while. Its barracuda is still refueling, and the Triton hasn't even made it back yet, so we can't do anything.

Fpg0j.png

Pacific-1's barracuda runs out of fuel just as it's about to reach the aliens.

7BkMs.png

Finally, Barracuda-1 is refueled and brings down the sub effortlessly. Triton-2 is sent to recover, let's hope our rookies do better this time around.

hpR1p.png

Pacific Team hasn't yet figured out that officers need to go at the back of the sub.

aKYMT.png

Gilmen are today's foes, once again.

WdE6n.png

Thrombone III shoots the green alien down.

M1Q25.png

Another gilman is roaming in the vicinity, but doesn't take any shot at our soldiers.

ovKTy.png

good little toastboy 2 finds it hiding behind some corals.

qE3p2.png

Merk III sends a sonic blast to the alien, which dies immediately.

5VV24.png

Another gilman intends to take revenge on his fallen comrades. He shoots at good little toastboy, but misses.

LBW6O.png

Not eager to give the alien a second change, good little toastboy charges forward and discovers the alien after a few steps.

wNPs7.png

Merk has found a perfect sniping spot, and shoots the alien down without difficulty.

0r4WS.png

Storyfagowski stumbles upon two gilmen!

uNTEQ.png

He retreats and Mal kills the first one.

BsRSl.png

Golgepapaz Iki takes care of the second alien.

d6VHO.png

Alien movement is detected to the north.

vdCpR.png

Thrombone III is accompanying the scouting team, and has a clear line of fire. He ends the life of this alien.

agpKk.png

Storyfagowski finds another alien to the west.

tdHRJ.png

Slaughter III provides sniper support, and hits.

svEaw.png

There's another one, in the same area ! It has at least three soldiers in sight, but doesn't take a shot.

xGMR9.png

Slaughter III doesn't give this alien a chance to recover his senses. He shoots it down, and the mission ends.

7UwQL.png

A perfect mission for the Pacific Team, and some materials for their own manufacture.

YCR1y.png

Few promotions are awarded, but Thrombone III especially stood out.

Ud4dL.png

In Atlantic-1 begins construction of a second M.C. lab.

WfZs3.png

And scientists finish off their current research.

jnkdA.png

Alien origins are figured out. The text mentions twelves Synomium devices, but there are in fact many more.

9LmR8.png

Not long after, a tool designed to disrupt the alien's M.C. chips is designed. Command isn't yet certain whether it will be used.

AHibf.png

With most of the important research out of the way, scientists go back to the Gauss line.

smPLR.png

Sergiu65 arrives to replace a fallen in Atlantic-1.

DMrCb.png

Not long afterward, a small sub is found.

qgJNN.png

And shot down with haste.

Sffj1.png

Atlantic Team is quickly on site.

aTrke.png

A gilman is waiting right at the exit of our sub. The first line of scouts kneels, and Oscar shoots the ambusher down.

uM4PR.png

Another gilman is discovered moments later.

PjmMG.png

Banelion takes care of this one.

cxIKo.png

Alexandros, on the front line, finds a gilman looking away.

X81wd.png

ironyuri shoots this one's head off.

ZYicd.png

Joka2 uncovers the position of another alien, close to the previous one.

8shws.png

Banelion is allowed to take a shot, but misses.

f8Vbc.png

Black IV doesn't.

VFM4o.png

Alien movement is seen to the east.

b9mRU.png

Hovery tries his luck, but misses.

IndvI.png

Banelion proves the previous blunder was just a temporary failure, and shoots the alien in the leg, ending the threat.

MfVLV.png

One alien can hide another, it seems. Azira V throws a pulser.

WDdny.png

It lands right on target, and green bits disperse in the ocean.

QAoSX.png

Joka2 narrowly avoids a sonic cannon blast coming from the east, as he was going around some corals.

fMpF2.png

The alien responsible is found without delay. ironyuri takes the shot, but misses.

T2VOy.png

aRyan fixes the previous mistake elegantly and efficiently, ending the mission.

kK9gz.png

Another flawless victory for Atlantic base.

I know the latest updates haven't been the most exciting, but this is part of X-Com : routine recoveries that can sometimes go perfectly well, or turn horribly bad.

Still, I propose to you a challenge, if you will accept it. A couple updates in the future will see our aquanauts have another go at a cruise liner terror mission. The fate of the mission is sealed, however if you can by miracle find the last alien hiding on the map, your current or next incarnation will be awarded a suit of Ion Armor, even if he doesn't qualify.

Here's the save if someone's willing to give it a go : http://www.mediafire.com/?nvmcphq75rqvusr
The first to post a screenshot showing the location of the last alien wins.

Thrombone

Educated
Strong performance by the most recent thromclone. Must be perfecting the recipe.

spekkio

Arcane
Not long after, a tool designed to disrupt the alien's M.C. chips is designed. Command isn't yet certain whether it will be used.
I vote no. :)

I know the latest updates haven't been the most exciting, but this is part of X-Com : routine recoveries that can sometimes go perfectly well, or turn horribly bad.
Don't worry - it's still the best LP since Locue stopped posting. :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I can't do a fucking screenshot because my screenshot programs fail to do it and printscreen produces wacky colours, but the last aquatoid is in the kitchen's 'freezer' on the lowest deck, behind a row of shelves, in front of 3 barrels

EDIT: hey, it worked after all

vru90x.jpg

Achilles

Arcane
The adventures of the Pacific team are like holodeck episodes in Star Trek TNG, nobody wants to see them. I say sack those worthless bums.

korenzel

Educated
Well, that was fast. I spent half an hour looking for this bugger.

Good job Darth Roxor, I guess Darthowicz has earned his suit of armor.

Darth Roxor said:
I can't do a fucking screenshot because my screenshot programs fail to do it and printscreen produces wacky colours, but the last aquatoid is in the kitchen's 'freezer' on the lowest deck, behind a row of shelves, in front of 3 barrels

vru90x.jpg

Penetrating Xenos from behind with phallic objects, is there anything manlier? :M

Darth Roxor said:

vru90x.jpg

You motherfucker!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Found him too...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
FFFFirst BLOOD! Hell yeah its about time for me to kill something other than me. Go go!

pajak713

Educated
Dear Black, whatever gender you may be - I'll have you know, that Banelion only missed because he was distracted by what Sigmund Freud would call "your mother". In other words - Yo momma. He also quickly
proves the previous blunder was just a temporary failure, and shoots the alien in the leg, ending the threat.
Much greater threat, mind you.

korenzel, I :salute: you on your march for glory.

ironyuri

Assuming that I will be dead on this upcoming cruise liner mission, I give you permission to recruit another ironyuri.

:rpgcodex:

korenzel

Educated
No artifact mission in the near future I'm afraid, but one should come up eventually.

-----------------------------------------

UPDATE 24 - Retaliation

At the end of the last update, both teams were feeling confident after succeeding two flawless recoveries.

WkATy.png

Gauss Rifle, for which research had been stalled for more than four months, finally completes. It is inferior to our current sonic weapons, and is only a stepping stone.

nJz76.png

A very large sub shows up on Atlantic-1's sonars. It is going at full speed, at a shallow depth, and is heading straight for our base...

oew6K.png

Aquanauts barely have enough time to prepare when the sub touches down and aliens start pouring in the airlock.

hBHZ2.png

Hovery starts in the worst possible spot. He quickly retreats behind the doors.

UD04Y.png

While moving toward the airlock, aRyan sees a thermal shock bomb fly right past him and hit the wall. The blast dazes him seriously but isn't enough to render him unconscious.

CdFbX.png

He turns right and finds the shooter. He answers with a blast of his own weapon, and the gilman dies.

CN11r.png

Azira V begins to scout the base for any early intruders, but is shot down by something hidden to the north.
RIP Azira V :salute:, the cloning VATS will have your replacement ready in no time.

fEhVR.png

anus_pounder opens the door leading out of the closet he was hiding into, finds the culprit and kills it.

OnSIu.png

Hovery and lightbane take position near the main doors, and lay out proximity mines in the walkway.

ZHt4M.png

Meanwhile, Gondolin explores the back of our defensive line and finds a Deep One.

YpaLo.png

Shepard goes EXTREME on it, and drills it to death.

mZurE.png

TripJack spots another Deep One at the far back of our base.

F7hO7.png

A pulser ends the talented sneak's career.

WSSl9.png

The first proximity mine explodes.

3z61h.png

The second follows right afterward. Gilmen are heard screaming in agony.

6bN0F.png

Hovery opens the main door, and ends up face to face with two aliens.

NtPXB.png

He shoots the first one with a point blank snap shot.

U5sY5.png

Then takes care of the other one!

rmxrM.png

A turn passes, and lightbane opens the main doors again. A gilman is standing right next to him, but falls quickly to point blank sonic fire.

KLOT5.png

A gilman manages to open the main door, and is promptly shot down by a reaction fire from Hovery.

Ydbhb.png

Few turns later, aliens have decided to launch an all-out assault.

yJCiC.png

Hovery shoots one down, but doesn't have enough TUs to continue his killing spree..

L5xYX.png

aRyan, in the corridor leading south, takes careful aim, but hits lightbane instead of an alien.
RIP lightbane mk3 :salute:, you should have had a suit of armor and survived, but I forgot to equip it when the sub appeared.

O9zHU.png

The next turns, the northern aliens rushes through the doors. Now visible to any incoming hostile, Hovery falls prey to a rifle's sonic blast.
RIP Hovery :salute:, you were shaping up to become an excellent sniper.

qBslR.png

Oscar shoots down the alien that made it through the main doors.

MpGKY.png

Doors are opened to allow our snipers in the southern corridor a line of fire. aRyan, with no soldier in the way this time, hits the rifle wielding gilman easily.

Hnbft.png

Black IV tries his luck at the unarmed alien, but misses.

DfaWF.png

The next turn, Black IV opens the doors and finds an alien right in front of him. He shoots it down.

kR0DI.png

Since alien can and will open doors even with soldiers standing behind them, I change my tactics a little. Black IV will wait in ambush a little way from the door, and rush to open it at the beginning of each turn.

It works well, and aRyan has no trouble shooting down one gilman.

FfFLd.png

anus_pounder shoots down another.

lKbLT.png

But not before eklektyk tried his new M.C. reader. This alien is the weakest of all gilmen, but is still better than most of our snipers...

aaFtY.png

Another turn, another batch of alien charge blindly from the airlock.

hMsR1.png

aRyan shoots one.

yxA9d.png

The two other snipers miss their shots, so kazgar steps up and drills the Deep One.

5qB4F.png

An alien makes it all the way to our doors, and Banelion does a very risky reaction fire. The blast passes between two soldiers, and hits the gilman in the head. Banelion is asked to stop such dangerous behavior and look away.

gvtsq.png

More aliens are killed in what the team now refers as "the corridor of death".

AcZKv.png

The "corridor of death" claims another victim.

CmSQP.png

kazgar is now opening the doors, so that Black IV can have enough TUs to do two reaction shots if an alien manages to go all the way past the doors.

With such an easy target right in front of him, kazgar doesn't hesitate and tears the alien apart.

W3bAJ.png

Alexandros joins the front door team, as they get ready to take the fight to the aliens. He witnesses the utter destruction.

v9NY3.png

A Deep One shows up. No need to waste ammo on this one, kazgar deals with it in melee.

EtJwH.png

A gilman makes it past the doors, and Black IV shoots ! He misses and hits the wall right in front of Alexandros.

VVxXM.png

The second reaction fire finds its target, but our secure perimeter is now breached.

2kfYn.png

kazgar discovers an unarmed alien ready to try his luck.

HUUE3.png

Zdzisiu shoots it down.

H6NKA.png

Yet another alien, although this one seems to want to run away.

cQQvn.png

No mercy from kazgar. He is killed from behind in a horrible manner.

TtYaV.png

Turns pass and no more aliens come knocking on the main doors. Time to start going after them.

F6VZH.png

It doesn't take long. kazgar finds a panicked gilman still in the airlock, kills it and the mission ends.

s1xJN.png

This defense mission went very well. We lost a few soldiers but killed many in return.

n4rtV.png

Selling the loot almost doubles our current cash reserves. If the end of the month committee doesn't cut back our funding, we should be able to commence a full blown Gauss Cannon manufacture very soon. Once that's set up, money concerns will be over.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azira V falls in the defense of one of our bases, Azira VI is ready to die just as gloriously in the defense of civilians in the upcoming terror-mission. :salute:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Avellone seems very knowledgeable about the research tree. He's either extremely awsome or in league with the aliens.

Or both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom