Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

Achilles

Arcane
I died like a man, thanks for saving me from alien tentacle rape :salute:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I feel like I'm the running joke of the squad. I don't think I've killed a single xeno yet. In fact, I'm down one because I became one myself.

Can't let a good joke stop, though.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Don't sweat it. I think I only killed one or two. There are others like us. Unsung heroes who gave their lives for the good of all while the heavily armored officers bask in undeserved glory.

:problemwithauthority:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
24.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
dextermorgan said:
Don't sweat it. I think I only killed one or two. There are others like us. Unsung heroes who gave their lives for the good of all while the heavily armored officers bask in undeserved glory.

:problemwithauthority:

Hey, at least you guys managed to go on a mission and do something (even if that something is dieing). Some of us don't even get to do that much.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tftd is the ultimate troll game.

I eventually gave up waiting for gill men terror ships/mixed crews (after 300 subs) and used a save game editor to get a deep one in my alien containment.

Right after I did that, one of my bases started getting assaulted en masse by aliens.

Guess what aliens? That's right. Gill men with deep ones.

:x :x :x :x :x

Also, the last mission has to be the most boring last mission ever. Or at least the first two levels, I'm gonna teleport to the third one later.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yea, missions in TFTD and basic X-COM tend to be boring after a while. Especially those base assaults.

korenzel

Educated
I'm sorry if some codexers feel neglected. I will try to change the Triton teams a little more and shuffle soldiers around even if there's been no or few deaths.

----------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 35 - Peek into the Future

For this update, the time has just jumped a whole month. This is highly irregular, but its outcome is too particular to be dealt without a vote, and I cannot continue until a decision is made. The next update will go back to the regular time.

dB9uZ.png

June has just ended a few minutes ago, and Alien launch a new type of terror mission. They've begun to reactivate a synomium device, and must be stopped.

GsEGN.png

A very small sub is found while Triton-2, carrying Pacific Team, is en route.

XaC2f.png

Barracuda-2 is sent to deal with the intruder in Chinese waters, and does the job nicely.

h0pA8.png

Aquanauts arrive at dusk near the Artefact site.

W0rz2.png

The first level is similar to that of an alien colony : find the elevator to the second part, or kill all aliens.

2mTkI.png

Two aquatoids, right in front of the sub. Easy preys! Merkwurdigliebe kneels without looking to his side, and a thermal shok explodes right on his face...

qSuJU.png

The outcome is brutal. Merk is unconscious.

Pf7VR.png

So is Thrombone.

oO0JE.png

And Pelvis Knot.

CA72m.png

Krraloth goes down too.

O9DIW.png

Pope Amole is stunned by the blast.

VuwJC.png

Juggernaut doesn't resist any better.

nSUie.png

Trash suffers the same fate.

52qrY.png

Desmodus Rotundus falls down as well.

b3H4y.png

And so does Mal.

3sYOp.png

Edward R Murrow too...

X54HV.png

And finally, Vereotypical Stillain is also rendered unconscious.

W9llk.png

Out of the squad of fourteen, three soldiers are left standing. Golgepapaz Iki, Storygafowski and Darthowski.

5l9qI.png

Command decides against aborting the mission early. Let's do some damage and wait out the stun. Golgepapaz finds the alien responsible for the thermal shok, but can't do anything yet.

oVX9p.png

The next turn, Darthowski finds multiple alien, in perfect position for a grenade. He could use a Disruptor torpedo but the blast radius could hit our stunned soldiers, who would die on the spot.

eBouj.png

The pulsers blow up the aquatoids

ia6RE.png

The Tasoth is merely wounded. Checking on its stats, the team finds out it's quite accurate.

yEEY3.png

A second pulser kills it though, and a hidden aquatoid as well!

n2PDZ.png

The following turn, Golgepapaz snipes a Tasoth who came investigate.

zysQ1.png

Exhausting a whole medikit of stimulants pays off, as Mal wakes up.

jPaGj.png

But M.C. attacks are getting stronger and stronger. Nobody is spared, and Golgepapaz storms out after he suffers a panic attack. He stops when something shoots him from his right side.

cZ6oC.png

Darthowski throws a pulser, but it fails to kill.

aYt7M.png

Darthowski falls under Molecular Control. We're down to three soldiers for this turn.

nXt5v.png

Mal gets out the big gun, no more Mr. Nice Guy toward these ancients ruins.

sGq7g.png

He aims a torpedo at the estimated position of a Tasoth.

CK8ac.png

It kills at least one.

wx6rF.png

Darthowski comes back under our control, but panics and runs far away. In his mad rush, he spots a Tasoth.

uG6VV.png

Mal aims a torpedo carefully so that Darthowski isn't caught in the blast radius.

HPAiQ.png

The Tasoth and a hidden aquatoid die, and Darthowski survives!

bJVMX.png

He keeps running away further the following turn, and finds yet another alien.

qFY92.png

Mal kills it with another Disruptor torpedo.

3ZjlA.png

Golgepapaz falls under molecular control.

GDG2S.png

And Darthowski goes back to the alien's side.

xtqS4.png

The following turn, he is shot by a Thermal Shok bomb.

W2ODr.png

Darthowski survives only a little hazy, but still panicked.

L5f7P.png

A Tasoth is seen coming out of an ambush spot.

FRs8A.png

Another one shoots at Darthowski, hitting the weak side armor plates. The aquanaut is killed.
RIP Darthowski :salute:, even panicked you were a decent spotter.

Jm1nn.png

Golgepapaz keeps getting panicked by aliens, and runs away. He finds a Tasoth and freezes.

gDvqW.png

Mal sends a Disruptor Torpedo, but the alien survives a direct hit !

Jnhiw.png

It panics the following turn though. And so do our three aquanauts.

3d7vC.png

Storygafowski is shot but absorbs the impact.

x7a4t.png

Mal succumbs to alien control.

EtjIa.png

Golgepapaz too, and Storygafowski as well. The mission ends...

SjoHM.png

Well, this is pretty terrible, but not nearly as much as expected. Something is wrong. Only one operative killed ...? We just lost the whole squad.

b4B5b.png

Yet here are the unconscious and molecularly controlled soldiers, assigned to a mysterious craft named Weapon-2.
We did lose everything Triton-2 contained, as expected, but the soldiers somehow made it back.

Obviously, we've just stumbled on a bug which happens when the whole team is under alien control. What's left, however, is to decide what should happen to the thirteen aquanauts of the team. Should we :

A - Sack them. There's no way they could have survived and made it back on foot.

B - Keep them. The game has its bugs and we shouldn't try to compensate them.

The vote will end in two days. The fate of Pacific team is in your hands.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dilemma! Or is it? Would you take back a full load of soldiers who fell to the alien menace only to show up on your doorstep the following day? Have you not seen bodysnatchers or the thing?

Sack 'em.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Sack, it would be a pity such failure goes without proper punishment.

I'd like another incarnation though, call him Knives Plot.

chzr

Scholar
sack them obviously. and i'm not voting so because i stayed at the base :smug:

Sack them and let them spread news of the bug?

No. It would be more merciful to have them all killed. :smug:

Edit: Since I don't appear to have an incarnation currently serving - this seems to be a good chance to replace the dead-weight with someone competant. Namely myself.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Farewell, Darthowski, best panicked scout X-Com has seen :salute: Guess that means it's time for battlebrother Geoffrey Chaucer to enlist.

SjoHM.png

Wait, 'failed to destroy synomium device = 0'? Shouldn't that be -750?

Or have you lied to all of us and you are actually not playing Superhuman, but... Beginner?

dopipw.jpg

bgillisp

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
Farewell, Darthowski, best panicked scout X-Com has seen :salute: Guess that means it's time for battlebrother Geoffrey Chaucer to enlist.

SjoHM.png

Wait, 'failed to destroy synomium device = 0'? Shouldn't that be -750?

Or have you lied to all of us and you are actually not playing Superhuman, but... Beginner?

I think it has to be a bug, when I played TFTD I remembeer losing about 2000 points from that mission for landing and just taking off. Spent the entire month trying to make up starting at -2000.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
korenzel said:
IMerkwurdigliebe kneels without looking to his side... Out of the squad of fourteen, three soldiers are left standing.
This is exactly why I'll never have the balls to play this game "Ironman all the way". But since you do... Sack them. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom