Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA]Wulfen's Chronicles

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yup, C sounds good, I think.

Kz3r0

Arcane
oscar said:
anus_pounder said:
I'll hold back my vote for now.

Same. Don't get discouraged if it takes a while for people to start voting, I know that I tend to wait until other people give some arguments or you post some more addendum.
Thanks for the encouragement, I will try to to post an addendum tonight, the problem is to balance it enough to avoid to influence the players too much.

Kz3r0

Arcane
First, welcome to Stygian Lurker, thanks for your vote.

Here is the addendum, the next update will be for Tuesday night, so in case you want to change your vote you have time.

Ghost of a ghost

Zhenar Xhan had always been a cold, calculative man, even in that situation he didn't lose his composure and quickly began to consider the various possibilities.

Admitting that that wasn't an echo, what that could have meant?

Could have the Jehnizars developed a similar propulsion system on their own?
Unlikely, based on the knowledge that the Commonwealth had of their technology.

But in this case how they acquired such system?
A spy, probably, but the development and realization of such a system were too complex for a single spy to get an hold of the whole project, the direct involvement of the Directorate was an inevitable necessity in such case.

Zhenar Xhan put his fingertips together in front of him.

Or of the Representativity, he thought.

He wasn't so naive to exclude even the most unpleasant of the possibilities only because of personal motives.

Considering that an infiltration to this levels was out of question, the only thing to remain was a plot based on political reasons.

While the Directorate could have resorted to such ways for strengthening its position by prolonging the war, some elements in the Representativity could have seen, instead, an occasion for undermining the rule of the Directorate by evening the odds, so to speak, and undermine the position of the Green Company too, seen by some as a direct extension of the Directorate itself.

The most extremist elements in the Representativity could have deemed acceptable such strategy if could have lead to the overthrow of what they saw as an intolerable tyranny.

But Zhenar Xhan had enough experience, and was cynical enough, to consider that the worst possibility would have been a unholy alliance amongst the most ruthless element inside the Directorate and the Representativity.

That the reforms he and others were pursuing could be used by individuals without scruples was an acceptable risk to them with which they thought they could cope with time.

But if this was really the plot of such a shady alliance the possibility of a silent takeover of the Commonwealth from the inside couldn't be ruled over.

Zhenar Xhan separate his fingertips and looked straight in front of him.

Enough with this paranoia, he thought, the situation is already bad as it is.
If this echo is a battlecruiser identical to ours this alone will cause a lot of reciprocal accusations and infighting.

For a moment he almost considered to ignore it completely, but that wouldn't have made what was causing it disappear, would it?

Chasing it with his entire battle group would have been embarrassing, to say the least, if it was just an echo, and, by the way, the mission had priority over everything else.

But, the battle plan devised by the Marshall was based on the prior knowledge they have of the Jehnizars' astrocrafts, if they had this new battlecuiser the weak spots of the strategy caused by trying to strike a balance between the sectors now could have been exploited.

And if the origin of this echo was treason, could the Jehnizars been waiting for him, was him headed towards a suicide mission?
After a moment he rejected that thought, whoever gave that technology to the enemy, if anyone did such a thing, didn't it for making them win the war but for gaining something.
But eliminating a group notorious for its reformist stance could have been a worth gain, he thought bitterly.

Maybe they are making sure that us and the enemy cripple each other beyond any chance of recovery.
Wouldn't be aborting the mission for the best?He asked to himself.
Oh sure, the battle group would be disbanded, the reforms canceled and I will be executed for treason or jailed for cowardice, this was the angry answer he gave himself.

Get a grip, until now there is no evidence of anything, this was the harsh reprimand he directed at such worries.

Sending only one battlecruiser in a reconnaissance mission seemed as the most viable option, but in reality was just a compromise.

He shook his head.

In fact he felt that whatever decision he would have take he had already lost the war.

Kz3r0

Arcane
All right, C it is.

Here's an anticipation before the next update, that will be quite lengthy.

Bifurcation

Zhenar Xhan contacted captain Damian Houser via the local communication system of their Battlecruisers.

"We don't have much time captain, I entrust you with the mission of investigate the echo registered by our sensors, in this moment we are transferring all the data to your surveillance desk."

"From this mission can depend not only the outcome of the war, but the future of the commonwealth itself."

"I confide in your experience in this kind of missions, probably you already understand the implication of this signal if is really produced by another battlecruise, go to any length to be sure about its nature."

"After have absolute certainty of what caused such signal, whatever that will be, communicate immediately with the Marshall, only with him."

"One last thing, don't trust anyone you could encounter while investigating the signal, even if comes directly from the Directorate or the Green Company."
After a pause he added:
"Or the Representativity, just in case."

Captain Houser pondered for a second the implications of the last words and answered:
"Understood Commander, I will depart immediately."

Zhenar Xhan observed on the sensors' screen Captain Houser' battlecruiser maneuvering before activating the distortion system and disappearing, chasing a ghost, hopefully.

The loss of one battlecruiser wasn't enough to endager the mission, nonetheless the nutron bombs that was carrying could have been very useful in case something unexpected would happen.

However, we still have enough nutron bombs to completely obliterate the objective, thought the commander.

After closing his eyes for a moment Zhenar Xhan ordered to the battle group to reach the next rendezvous point, advancing towards the enemy's major military compound in the quadrant.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Sorry for the delay, this update is also intended as a little resume of the current situation, this is why is so long.
At first I was thinking to include the specifics for astrocrafts and armament, but in the end I desisted, probably I will make a separate entry for that.

Unlikely Allies

While entering the briefing room Karl Chas greeted both the delegations of the Representativity and the
Directorate, headed respectively by Counselor Arbhert and the Honorary Consul Ferrygan, all displaying their status with their dress.The distinctive white, sleeveless, garment for the Representativity, a sober grey-blue military attire for the Directorate

They sat in the armchairs and sofas against the walls of the room, Karl Chas instead took position at the command desk in the center activating the four monitors on it, each of them facing a different wall, permitting to everyone to see what was displayed at the moment.

"I think, gentlemen, that you have already received the last adjournment on this campaign, however I will gladly answer all of your questions."
Politely offered Karl Chas.

"A general resume would be nice, we of the Representativity aren't very familiar with military questions."
Asked counselor Arbhert with a smile.

"That would be very appreciated, hearing how things are by the very voice of the appointed battle Marshall will be more interesting and probably will provide a better insight, there's a limit to what a
written report can convey."
Added Consul Ferrygan.

"I think that you are already acquainted with how the Green Company operates."

"It's composed by the various militias formed in each sector, sometimes a sector can have more than
one of them."

"They elect a commander that will respond directly to the Green Company military council, a structure
established to provide support and coordinate all the militias that adhere to it, in the past many sectors and their relative militias refused to adhere for fear of losing their independence, but nowadays almost all have joined the Green Company."

"There are even militias that don't have a sector of reference, usually formed around a charismatic figure, they too joined the Green Company, the few that didn't generally cooperate with us tho."

"In case of war a Battle Marshall is elected by all the commanders, and the militias directly involved in the war sectors are co-opted in the designated battle groups."

"Militias outside of the war sectors are requested of offering support, usually on a voluntary basis."

"In cases of exceptional gravity these militias can be ordered to deploy outside of their sector of
competence, something that we prefer to avoid if possible."

"About the current campaign, we had been informed of a major attack against our base on Karhyen, and by taking countermeasures against it we also devised a strategy for inflicting a decisive blow to the enemy."

"First there is me, appointed Battle Marshall Karl Chas with functions of general coordinator between the designed battle groups."

"As you know, the equipment of the various battle groups greatly varies, mostly due to historical reasons, only recently we have achieved some kind of standardization, you can find the specifics in the files that have already been consigned to you."

"Then we have the appointed Field Commanders that have command over the militias in the zone of their competence, they can designate another commander as lieutenant and ask for support to external militias, in this case they will have an adjoined Commander too."

"In this campaign we have Norian Dhen, the oldest veteran here, beside me.He has chosen as his lieutenant Commander Georian Sthar, I think that you all know of the courage and loyalty of this man, of how he lost everything in the attack against the Fringe sector, and the decisive role that his Defiant Militia had in this war.They have chose as adjoined Commander Lupus Wulfen, a quite famous character, with his own independent militia, a man of his own word."

"At the moment they are engaged in combat with the enemy near Karhyen, they have the support of the commander of the planet's base, Anton Brent, until now they have suffered some minor losses, let's hope that stay that way."

"Subsequently, we have Zhenar Xhan, very well known by the both of you, I think, that relies on the internal structure of his militia for command, there are no adjoined militias to his battle group.His mission is to destroy the principal military facility of the Jehnizars in the Theresian Quadrant.He must have already entered enemy territory by now."

"At his disposal he has our newest battlecruisers, equipped with a special propulsion system, this, coupled with the fact that the majority of the Jehnizars' forces are deployed elsewhere, should make more easy to infiltrate enemy's lines."

"Guarding the central sectors we have Velhar Kraszyek, one of the most esteemed local commanders, his family is one of the most influential in the central sectors, with a long military tradition, he too relies on the internal structure of his militia for command, however, due to the prestige of his name, almost all the militias of the central sectors have joined his battle group."

"We also have George Gragg, our most reliable man in the outer sectors, has as his lieutenant Commander Dorian Ten-Har, a long time friend of his, one of the few xeno-humans that joined the Green Company, as adjoined Commander Thurian Kar, a veteran of the outer sectors, his militia only recently has entered the ranks of the Green Company however."

"They have been deployed as support for Kraszyek's group if necessity arises."

"A very exhaustive explanation Marshall."
Commented Consul Ferrygan.
"However I have noticed that the border of the central sectors with the Fringe sector doesn't seem to be very guarded, why?"

This surprised the Marshall, when the plan had been submitted to the Directorate it received full approval, with no objections, and was sent back without any suggestions or indications of some sort, a little unusual admittedly.
Why rise the question now?

"Oh, yes, this is of concern for us too."
Intervened counselor Arbhert .
"As you know, our primary concern is the safety of the Commonwealth.This is why we have already made a request for a conjoined base there, but the proposal was rejected, unfortunately."

Karl Chas looked at them in bewilderment.

What was going on?The Directorate and the Representativity ganging up on the Green Company's Marshall?

"This has been already addressed in the previous contacts with the Directorate and the Representativity."
Dryly replicated Karl Chas.
"The enemy doesn't have astrocrafts capable of launching an attack from there, and due to the lack of supporting bases in that zone it couldn't use its usual tactics, without mentioning that passing through the numerous astropatrols without notice would be already hard enough."

"Nonetheless they could have acquired a new weapon, maybe the attack against Karhyen can be just a deceiving maneuver for attacking the central sectors."
Pressed on Consul Ferrygan.

"We have considered this possibility already, this is why we have positioned the various battlegroups in defense of the most strategic points of the various sectors while having them ready to intervene in the offensive if necessary."
Replied with a stern face the Marshall.

"True."
Conceded the consul.
"But the positioning of Commander Gragg isn't a bit too far for intervening in time?Wouldn't have been better positioning him between the border with the Fringe sector and Kraszyek's group?"

Karl Chas was taken aback from that suggestion.

Surely the consul was perfectly aware of the strategic and political reasons that determined the deployment of the various battle groups, why pushing the subject now?

"The outer sectors are still under the menace of alien raids, unsurprisingly, considering how they are not fully explored, especially what lies beyond the great nebula, where our instruments can't see through and space travel is made difficult by erratic gravitational fields."
The Marshall was trying to avoid a direct confrontation by giving generic answers.

"I understand your position Marshall, but in these moments a show of good will from everyone is requested."
Persevered the consul.
"So, I feel that to fulfill my duty in behalf of the Directorate I should make the suggestion to use Commander Gragg's battle group as interposition force between the Fringe sector and the central sectors, sub condicione of the battle Marshall's approval, of course."

"I too feel that to fulfill my duty I have to make the same suggestion in behalf of the Representativity, thus supporting the Consul's motion."
Added Counselor Arbhert.

Karl Chas was petrified, despite respecting the formalities they were both openly trying to infringe upon the autonomy of the Green Company, while creating a potential cause of attrition with the outer sectors.

Until now the Representativity acted as a counterbalance to the power of the Directorate, but now they seemed allies in strengthening their hegemony on the Commonwealth.

The Marshall had always been aware that the Representativity should had a powerful support inside the Directorate to operate, but he would have never imagined that such collaboration could be used against him and the Green Company.

What to do?
A decisive battle against the Jehnizars turned out to be a decisive battle in the struggle for controlling the Commonwealth too.

A)Karl Chas should abide to their request, if, no matter how, an attack will come from the border between the Fringe sector and the central sectors that would put in question not only his leadership, but the autonomy of the Green Company itself.
However, it's very possible that some of the outer sectors' militias will refuse to comply, even if Commander Gragg will obey, without mentioning that this can even prompt an exit declaration from some sector, seeing this as an imposition that subordinates their independence to the needs of the central sectors.

B)The Marshall should defend his prerogatives and politely reject their request, trusting his strategy and his Commanders.

C)He should do the same as them, respect the formalities and let the decision to Commander Gragg, communicating him their request.
This is almost as to abdicate to his role, but if something goes wrong maybe it will be possible to shift the blame solely on Gragg, avoiding, at the same time, an open confrontation between the central sectors and the outer sectors, and an institutional conflict between the Green Company and both the Directorate and the Representativity.
Practically making him a scapegoat for the greater good.

oscar

Arcane
B! What do they have to gain from ganging up on us I wonder.

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
I vote B

Using one of Green Company's most reliable commanders as a scapegoat isn't a good idea.
And I'm completely against abiding to their requests.

Kz3r0

Arcane
B it is. :salute:
This is the final addendum for this part, the next update should be ready for Thursday.

One's Firmness

Karl Chas firmly looked in front of him.
"At this stage of the campaign any sudden change can jeopardize the entire strategy, that has been carefully devised to provide the best protection to the various sectors."

And after a pause he added.
"Unless you have specific informations that can lead to the possibility of an imminent attack from the border region with the fringe sector I fear that I can't satisfy your request."

This was an open attack on part of the Marshall, he had begun to be suspicious of their insistence on the subject.

The answer didn't take long to come.

"Actually our fear is that the battle Marshall could have been swayed by political considerations while preparing this strategy."
Bluntly stated Consul Ferrygan.

Karl Chas calmly addressed this open questioning of his decisions.
"I assure you that this is not the case, war is always dangerous, covering every possibility is impossible, so compromises have to be made, abiding to your request could very well expose us to more dangers, especially if the enemy has unknown weapons at its disposal."

"Let's hope that you are correct Marshall."
Intervened Counselor Arbhert.
"In case, are you ready to take full responsibility for your decisions then?"
He asked with a seraphic smile.

"This was implicit when I have accepted this position."
Answered the Marshall.

After this words a tense silence filled the room.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Stygian Lurker said:
Can we expect an update of this LP soon?
Sorry for the wait, the dreaded RL caught up with me, here is the update.
Thanks for your interest, and the bump. :salute:

Ravenous

The astrocrafts of Velhar 'the raven' Kraszyek's militia reflected the history of the central sectors.

They didn't have assaulters or proper battlecruisers, but what was called a superclass, an heavy astrocraft more massive than an assaulter, developed during the time of the war between sectors it was designed for planetary defense and interplanetary travel.

As defense used limited force shields, not as powerful as a battlecruiser ones, but still effective.

While its principal weapons were nuclear torpedoes, electro plasma bombs and a special type of pulse cannon that focused five different impulses on a single point, quite effective even against the most heavy armor.

However, instead of hypervelocity guns, it still mounted anachronistic drill launchers, cannons that fired piercing projectiles against their objective, an effective weapon at close distance with heavy astrocrafts, but almost useless against the lighter ones.

For this, the other militias composing the battle group provided a plethora of light astrocrafts which exact purpose was to hunt down other light astrocrafts, smaller than other similar ships of the Green Company, each of them with their own version of a pulse cannon.

In that moment the battle group had already took position in presiding the strategic points of the central sectors when Jonar Eryxhian, lieutenant of Velhar Kraszyek's militia, and assigned battle group, received a private convocation from the field commander.

He had been Kraszyek's military mentor back in the days, even if what there was between them couldn't be called affection he still was the closest person to Velhar outside of his family.

"Did you want to see me Velhar?"
Asked Eryxhian entering Kraszyek's quarters.

He was greeted by the commander seated at his desk.

"I need your insight Jonar."

Kraszyek looked at him straight in the eyes.

"What do you think of the Marshall' strategy?"

A little surprised Eryxhian answered:
"Seems a plan devised more for defending the sectors, while maintaining the balance of power between them, than an offensive against the Jehnizars."

"And why is so, in your opinion?"
Inquired Kraszyek.

"Politics."
Replied the lieutenant with a shrug.
"Maybe has something to do with the recent rumors of a declaration of full preeminence by the Directorate."

"And if those weren't just rumors?"
Asked the commander with a strange look.

"Velhar, you know that my loyalty to you, your family and the directorate is unquestionable, enough with this charade."

"All right."
Said Kraszyek reclining against the seat.

"You are well aware of the current situation, I think."

"After decades that the Commonwealth has thrived under the Directorate's rule people have grown conceited, and begun to ask for more 'freedom', a freedom that until this moment has been guaranteed by the Directorate."

"And they asked for more and more concessions, until the travesty called Representativity has been instituted."

"Fools, all fools."
When saying this Kraszyek's face contorted in disgust.

"What they can understand about these questions?"

"Especially people like Zhenar Xhan."

"Even if he is a pragmatic man he still is an idealist, he couldn't understand the burning passion that power entails and his lure, he's too rational."

"His dear Representativity it's nothing else that the instrument of various interest groups that joined the Directorate along the years, their way to take over the Commonwealth on the pretense of 'liberating' it."

At this point the 'raven' closed his eyes with a sigh.

"Our own weakness is to blame for this, years of compromises lead to this situation, we allowed amongst us, the older families that created the Directorate, cowards who thought that money was all what they needed to prove their worth."

"Now, the same people that owe us all, point the fingers against us, claiming that we are holding back the development of the Commonwealth, that we stifle people's rights."

"They are just spreading sedition for achieving that power that we have denied to them."

"A power without obligations or constraints because is 'freely' chosen by the people, the worst tyranny draped in liberty rags."

The 'raven' opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling of his room.

"So, we tried to put an end to this."

Eryxhian felt a little uneasy at this admission from the commander.

"But it was too late."
Continued Kraszyek.
"We were completely isolated, old friends changed sides out of convenience and even some of the most important figures inside the Directorate revealed themselves as traitors."

Now he looked at his lieutenant.
"They have turned us in convenient scapegoats, they call us tyrants, but our decisions are routinely put down, call this a military dictatorships, but the best weapons are diverted to the troops loyal to them."

"The Directorate has all but become an empty husk."

"The only things that are holding them back are the right opportunity, and the militias commanded by me, that are still loyal to the families that made the Commonwealth great."

And he added with a smirk:
"And the Green Company, isn't it funny that an institution that has alway been seen as a safeguard against the dictatorial aims of the Directorate is now its best defense?"

"Velhar, you know that I am just an old soldier,I was never involved in this intrigues, why are you telling me this?"

"Because I need your opinion, and your discretion, on a very delicate matter."
Answered the 'raven' with a grim look.

"What do you think is the principal weakness of the current strategy?"

Jonar was a bit surprised with this abrupt return to the previous questions, but answered:
"Apart from the fact that is aimed more to avoid sectors' infighting than confronting the enemy I would say the only blind spot is the border of the Fringe with the central sectors, but this is purely academic, the Jehnizars don't have astrocrafts capable to launch an offensive from there."

"What if someone gave such astrocrafts to them?"
Was the incredible reply of the commander.

Jonar Eryxhian stared at the 'raven' in disbelief.
"Who could do something like that?"

Then the sudden realization struck the Lieutenant.

"YOU, Velhar, if everyone else would have said this to me I would have killed him on spot.Explain yourself."

"There is nothing to explain."
Answered Velhar Kraszyek with arrogance.

"We have always been in contact with the Jehnizars to impede any kind of agreement between them and the factions inside the Commonwealth that are hostile to us."

"So, for obtaining the new battlecruisers, a decisive weapon, that we knew would have been denied to us, we made the Jehnizars build them for our purposes."

"But when we were ready to use them for the declaration of preeminence all contacts have ceased, considering that we have been very cautious in avoiding to transfer any kind of expertise or technology, apart what was strictly needed, to operate the battlecruisers a crew from the Commonwealth is needed, so we suspect that they have struck a deal with some of our enemies inside the Directorate and the Representativity."

Jonar Eryxhian was still in stupor at that revelation and asked with a whisper:
"How many, how many there are?"

"Three"
Was the dry answer.

Now the Lieutenant was trembling with rage, but tried to hold his voice firm.
"Do you have any idea how they want to use them?"

The 'raven' seemed more like his namesake than ever when he answered.

"Almost certainly a devastating attack against the central sectors, for the Jehnizars this would mean that they could hope to sign a peace deal with ample concessions, for a part of the directorate instead this could be the occasion to put the blame on the Representativity for the fact that the enemy is using astrocrafts developed with their collaboration, or the Representativity itself to show how inept the actual Directorate is."

"All depends on the strength and purposes of whom is controlling the astrocrafts, people will believe whatever suits them best, many sectors will just blame the Directorate irregardless of any other considerations."

"But for sure, the actual, almost powerless, Directorate, meaning me, my family and our allies, will be disposed of, in a way or another, being some ambitious faction inside the Directorate or the Representativity or some combination of the two is irrelevant for now."

"In this moment we can only rely on people that ha always been loyal to us."
For a moment the 'raven' seemed completely lost.

"What should I do Jonar?"

For a moment the lieutenant had the impression to have in front of him the same kid of old with his arrogance and his vulnerabilities, a kid of which he recognized the courage and nobility, very different from the ruthless schemer caught up in his own machinations, that had begun to show the signs of fear.

A)Strengthen the defense of the possible civilians targets to avoid possible heavy casualties and the subsequent political backlash that could end with a take over of the Commonwealth.

B)Strengthen your defenses, whatever happens a solid military force is fundamental for thwarting any take over and preventing further troubles.

C)Who dares wins, direct your fleet towards the border with the fringe sector, in this way you can try to intercept any possible attack, however this could just mean to play in the hands of your enemies.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Considering that Oscar and Grotsnick haven't voted yet and anus_pounder's vote is still undecided I will wait until Monday for considering A as the winning option.
At first I was thinking of writing another addendum, but always comes as a repetition of the principal update, so, if someone has some perplexities I will try to give a clarification.

Kz3r0

Arcane
oscar said:
Stygian Lurker said:
I'm in doubt between A and C

C is very tempting, but A seems "safer". Lets hear this addendum :D

Well, I have combined the addendum with a new update, however I will take in account if this will make someone change their vote.

Dark Wings

The lieutenant advanced towards his commander.
"To give you any advice I need more details Velhar and I hope you will be completely honest about what happened."

Kraszyek's response was a firm look.

"Do you have any idea of what kind of equipment this battlecruisers could have?"
Pressed Jonar.

"We think that they have the standard equipment, no nutron bombs by the way."

"Particle disruptors?"

"Doubtfully, the Jehnizars didn't want to disclose their technology to us as much as we didn't want to disclose ours to them, so, the ships weren't build for hosting such system, and we don't think that the Jehnizars have the needed expertise for this."

"They use a new propulsion system, our sensors can detect them?"

The commander seemed uncomfortable with that question.

"Our standard sensors can only detect them in certain conditions, however the admiral ship and other two command ships secretly mount sensors similar to the ones used by the new battlecruiser, I will show you where the control panels are and how to operate them."

"For what purpose they were designed and what their original mission was?"
Asked Jonar grimly.

The 'raven' raised his head in hearing this.

"To give us a weapon that was rightly ours from the beginning and that was being denied to us instead."
There were flames in Velhar's eyes in saying so.
"We tried to complete them before the others would be consigned to Zhenar Xhan."

"Our intention was to deploy them to control the strategic points of the central sectors when issuing the declaration of full preeminence."

"What happened then?"
Inquired Jonar.

"All contacts ceased, we believe that our men there have all been killed."

"What could have determined this sudden turn of events?"
Asked the lieutenant.

"Our best guess is some kind of deal made with some of the factions hostile to us."
Answered the 'raven'.
"Even if, by what we know about the Jehnizars from our contacts with them, their is a loose federation of various races with a dominant group, isn't impossible that we have been caught in between a power struggle internal to their alliance."

"So you don't have any clue about who is directing these battlecruisers and their intentions?"
The disappointment in Jonar's voice was quite evident.

"Unfortunately, no, only suspicions."
Was the bitter consideration of the 'raven'.

"In this case our duty is to defend the central sectors at the best of our possibilities, following the original strategy."
Was the conclusion of the lieutenant.
"Now, with your permission Velhar I will transfer on the second command ship to give disposition to concentrate our defense on the principal access routes to the central sectors, this will require us to divide our forces in three groups, as you are well aware of."

After this Jonar turned his back to the commander and directed his steps to the door.

"Wait."
Shouted the 'raven getting up from his seat.
"A last thing."
The eyes with which the 'raven' was staring at his lieutenant were jet black dark.

"Swear, swear again, prove that you are still loyal to your oath to me."

Jonar Eryxhian fixed firmly his look in those eyes.

A)Swear, a lifelong loyalty couldn't be forsaken, even in these circumstances.

B)Tell him that you will leave his militia at the end of this campaign, he can count on your loyalty only till then.

C)Say nothing, you have no more obligations towards Velhar Kraszyek and what he represents, after leaving the admiral ship you will try to inform Karl Chas of all this, be warned that this will not be an easy task, you will risk your life in doing so, Velhar surely has ways to prevent treason in his ranks, and many assassins at his disposal.

Sorry, no lie option, Jonar Eryxhian is a hardened veteran of many battle, not a diplomat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom