Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir expansion (now confirmed)

Texas Red

Whiner
WTF? They just removed the trademark companions so NWN 2 fans, who are known to appreciate the story and conversation, could hack things? This is bullshit. The combat in NWN 2 sucks and they want to concentrate on it. Great.

This is bad news. Its like Obsidian has 3 projects that are all unappealing to me.

-Pavlos-

Novice
Anthony Davis said:
Realz.

It is why I am not working on Aliens at the moment.
*Gets out his pen and pad*

Any chance of finding out who the leads (lead designer, creative director etc.) are on this, by the way?

Edit: And to add to the general sense of merriment: Woo Hoo!

As others have said, Obsidian seem to have taken this expansion in a different direction to both NWN2 and MotB. I can't say that's a bad thing, to be honest, it suggests that they're not afraid to take the series in new directions, nor are they above experimenting with fresh ideas.

obediah

Erudite
Anthony Davis said:
Realz.

All ur games r teh dummeddown suck, and ur pr people are lieing fag0rts.

Starwars said:
Zomg, we have an inside man!

Not any more :lol:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
-Pavlos- said:
Anthony Davis said:
Realz.

*Gets out his pen and pad*

Any chance of finding out who the leads (lead designer, creative director etc.) are on this, by the way?

Edit: And to add to the general sense of merriment: Woo Hoo!

s others have said, Obsidian seem to have taken this expansion in a different direction to both NWN2 and MotB. I can't say that's a bad thing, to be honest, it suggests that they're not afraid to take the series in new directions, nor are they above experimenting with fresh ideas.

I don't think I am allowed to talk about specifics yet, but I will say that most of our team worked on NX1 (and of course the original NWN2).

I will say this about the game, the very first time I saw the new over land map stuff, it FELT like a completely different game than NWN2 and NX1, in a good way.

Texas Red

Whiner
I hope at least there we won't start as epic levels. Creating a party of epics would be annoying.

Texas Red

Whiner
So from where exactly did the decision come to have no companions? Many people will bash NWN 2 OC companions, but they were one of the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

Will there be dialogs with skill usage? Diplomacy, alignment based choices and so on?

Fez

Erudite
Looks like I'll have to wait for the "super diamond-studded platinum edition" (or whatever it ends up being called) of NWN2 then.

easychord

Liturgist
This sounds really good to me. Like something I would have trolled the Bioware forums asking for, expecting them to ignore me.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I checked the calendar, it's not the 1st of April. Hmmm... So this is for real? The NX1 team is pretty fuckin awesome and the idea behind the expansion sounds very cool yet very different. Creating a trade empire sounds epic, in a good way.

· Create your own full party of adventurers...

· Improved party gameplay including streamlined party conversations, a new Teamwork Benefit System, and powerful party feats.

This is somewhat weird. So you can generate a full party ( a la IWD? ) yet still have party conversations... I'm curious as to how this will work.

The rest sounds great... and a bit Fallouty. Can't wait for more info!

Starwars

Arcane
Could be that we can still get new party members in the game, like in ToEE or whatever.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Dark Individual said:
So from where exactly did the decision come to have no companions? Many people will bash NWN 2 OC companions, but they were one of the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

Will there be dialogs with skill usage? Diplomacy, alignment based choices and so on?

While I could probably elaborate on some of the leaked details, it would still be with the caveat that anything can changed because the game is still in development.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
fastpunk said:
I checked the calendar, it's not the 1st of April. Hmmm... So this is for real? The NX1 team is pretty fuckin awesome and the idea behind the expansion sounds very cool yet very different. Creating a trade empire sounds epic, in a good way.

· Create your own full party of adventurers...

· Improved party gameplay including streamlined party conversations, a new Teamwork Benefit System, and powerful party feats.

This is somewhat weird. So you can generate a full party ( a la IWD? ) yet still have party conversations... I'm curious as to how this will work.

The rest sounds great... and a bit Fallouty. Can't wait for more info!

Basically, you will at certain points in the game be able to bring up the party generation screen. This screen will allow you to create new characters, export characters, and add or remove characters from your party.

Texas Red

Whiner
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Is the new one going to be like motb or is it going to be like the original nwn2.

The description didn't really vibe with mystical themes. It seems more down to earth.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Happy to hear about this. I kinda wanted to play Mask of the Betrayer, but I really didn't want to play epic levels.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Oh for... don't let the epic levels put you off, just get MotB and enjoy the story.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Can you comment on that we might get to experience the deity changes that happen in 4.0?

THAT would be cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom